*(Via Daily Mail) – Rudy Eugene, the “Miami cZombie,” was not high on bath salts when he attacked 65-year-old Ronald Poppo and chewed off 75 percent of his face on May 26, the medical examiner found last week.
After marijuana was the only drug in Eugene’s body experts are investigating what drove him to carry out the horrifying attack with some speculating that it could have been a cannabis-induced psychosis.
The 31-year-old was once diagnosed with schizophrenia after a misdemeanor arrest, reported Local10. A history of mental illness coupled with marijuana is now being considered as a possible cause of the frenzied attack along the MacArthur Causeway.
Cannabis-induced psychosis? Rudy Eugene (left) was only under the influence of marijuana when he attacked Ronald Poppo (right). Eugene was once diagnosed with schizophrenia, it is not known if he sought treatment.
Like EURweb on Facebook
In interviews after the bizarre attack, where Eugene only stopped chewing off his victim’s face when shot dead, Eugene’s family said he did smoke marijuana.
The Huffington Post referenced an article in Current Psychiatry which stated that the risk of psychosis is three times higher for cannabis users compared to non-users.
It is not known if Eugene sought treatment after his schizophrenia diagnosis.
Read/learn more at Daily Mail.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Ciara Cheered, Russell Wilson Booed at Knicks Game
- BET Names Brie Miranda Bryant SVP of Unscripted Programming
- Marcus Anderson Cast in John Ridley Drama Pilot ‘Presence’
- Black Paranormal Investigators ‘Ghost Brothers’ Set at Destination America
- Future Calls BS on Ciara’s $15M Defamation Lawsuit
- Idris Elba Splits With Naiyana Garth After Night With Naomi Campbell (Report)
- Black Sheriff Gets KKK Vibe From Beyoncé's Super Bowl Halftime Performance
- Kanye West Defends Bill Cosby; Tweets Comic is 'Innocent'
- 'Family Feud' Contestant Can't Believe She's the 'Worst Ever' (WATCH)
- Target Wins Lawsuit Filed by Rosa and Raymond Parks Institute
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here