*(Via Daily Mail) – Rudy Eugene, the “Miami cZombie,” was not high on bath salts when he attacked 65-year-old Ronald Poppo and chewed off 75 percent of his face on May 26, the medical examiner found last week.
After marijuana was the only drug in Eugene’s body experts are investigating what drove him to carry out the horrifying attack with some speculating that it could have been a cannabis-induced psychosis.
The 31-year-old was once diagnosed with schizophrenia after a misdemeanor arrest, reported Local10. A history of mental illness coupled with marijuana is now being considered as a possible cause of the frenzied attack along the MacArthur Causeway.
Cannabis-induced psychosis? Rudy Eugene (left) was only under the influence of marijuana when he attacked Ronald Poppo (right). Eugene was once diagnosed with schizophrenia, it is not known if he sought treatment.
Like EURweb on Facebook
In interviews after the bizarre attack, where Eugene only stopped chewing off his victim’s face when shot dead, Eugene’s family said he did smoke marijuana.
The Huffington Post referenced an article in Current Psychiatry which stated that the risk of psychosis is three times higher for cannabis users compared to non-users.
It is not known if Eugene sought treatment after his schizophrenia diagnosis.
Read/learn more at Daily Mail.
- Tami Roman Reveals Health Issues Causing Pregnancy Woes
- Jay Pharoah Talks About His Battle with Depression (WATCH)
- Oprah Winfrey’s OWN Adds Megachurch Drama Series 'Greenleaf'
- Russell Simmons Signs New First-Look Deal with HBO, Sets Def Comedy Jam Anniversary Special
- Rinkins Report: Author Offers Recipe for Leadership Success
- Raynetta Turner: Mother of Eight is Latest Victim in String of Black Female Jail Cell Deaths
- HBO to Air Documentary About Jordan Davis, Teen Killed Over Loud Music
- Utah Considers Changing Name of Negro Bill Canyon
- NBC Reportedly Close to Signing Beyonce for ‘The Wiz Live’
- Lupita Nyong’o to Make NY Stage Debut in Danai Gurira's ‘Eclipsed’
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here