*(Via Daily Mail) – Rudy Eugene, the “Miami cZombie,” was not high on bath salts when he attacked 65-year-old Ronald Poppo and chewed off 75 percent of his face on May 26, the medical examiner found last week.
After marijuana was the only drug in Eugene’s body experts are investigating what drove him to carry out the horrifying attack with some speculating that it could have been a cannabis-induced psychosis.
The 31-year-old was once diagnosed with schizophrenia after a misdemeanor arrest, reported Local10. A history of mental illness coupled with marijuana is now being considered as a possible cause of the frenzied attack along the MacArthur Causeway.
Cannabis-induced psychosis? Rudy Eugene (left) was only under the influence of marijuana when he attacked Ronald Poppo (right). Eugene was once diagnosed with schizophrenia, it is not known if he sought treatment.
Like EURweb on Facebook
In interviews after the bizarre attack, where Eugene only stopped chewing off his victim’s face when shot dead, Eugene’s family said he did smoke marijuana.
The Huffington Post referenced an article in Current Psychiatry which stated that the risk of psychosis is three times higher for cannabis users compared to non-users.
It is not known if Eugene sought treatment after his schizophrenia diagnosis.
Read/learn more at Daily Mail.
- Charlene Crowell: SCOTUS Ruling Preserves Key Fair Housing Tool
- THE (07-03-15) EURweb Free-4-All Page/Board
- The Pulse of Entertainment: It’s the Beginning of a new era for the 'Terminator' Franchise with 'Terminator Genisys'
- Jason Derulo Channels King of Pop in New 'Cheyenne' Video - WATCH
- Diddy Won't be Prosecuted by DA for UCLA Altercation with Coach
- Karrueche Tran Reveals Her Father is Gay
- The Game Faces Three Years in Prison for Assaulting Cop
- ‘Empire’s’ Trai Byers on the ‘Jekyll and Hyde’ of Andre Lyon
- Ratings Plummet in Return of Halle Berry’s ‘Extant’
- L.A. District Attorney (Jackie Lacey) Silent on Pressing Charges Against CHP Officer in Video Beating
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here