*(Via Daily Mail) – Rudy Eugene, the “Miami cZombie,” was not high on bath salts when he attacked 65-year-old Ronald Poppo and chewed off 75 percent of his face on May 26, the medical examiner found last week.
After marijuana was the only drug in Eugene’s body experts are investigating what drove him to carry out the horrifying attack with some speculating that it could have been a cannabis-induced psychosis.
The 31-year-old was once diagnosed with schizophrenia after a misdemeanor arrest, reported Local10. A history of mental illness coupled with marijuana is now being considered as a possible cause of the frenzied attack along the MacArthur Causeway.
Cannabis-induced psychosis? Rudy Eugene (left) was only under the influence of marijuana when he attacked Ronald Poppo (right). Eugene was once diagnosed with schizophrenia, it is not known if he sought treatment.
Like EURweb on Facebook
In interviews after the bizarre attack, where Eugene only stopped chewing off his victim’s face when shot dead, Eugene’s family said he did smoke marijuana.
The Huffington Post referenced an article in Current Psychiatry which stated that the risk of psychosis is three times higher for cannabis users compared to non-users.
It is not known if Eugene sought treatment after his schizophrenia diagnosis.
Read/learn more at Daily Mail.
- Snoop Dogg Reinterpreted As European Noblemen [LOOK!]
- Watch: Today You Wouldn't Recognize the Little Boy from 'Katrina' (Hint: He's Now a Grown ... Woman!)
- The Soul of the U.S. Open: Serena Williams' Quest; Tournament Preview
- Tiffany Pollard and Her Mother Set to Appear on VH1’s 'Family Therapy'
- Trevor Noah Teases ‘The Daily Show’ Takeover [WATCH]
- Caitlyn Jenner Adult Unisex Costume Timely for Halloween, But LGBT Community Not Amused
- NeNe Leakes Confirms Hosting Gig on ‘Fashion Police’
- FDA Clears the Way for 'The Little Pink Pill' Viagra for Women!
- Beverly Johnson: 'The Face That Changed It All' - EUR BOOK REVIEW
- Janelle Monáe & Wondaland Records Artists ‘Speak Up’ on #BlackLivesMatter
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here