The football star was a guest on CNN with Piers Morgan. He told the host he hopes to get a puppy for his kids. But the American Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals quickly raised a red flag and blasted Vick for not caring about animals.
Like EURweb on Facebook
“Vick’s journey toward rehabilitation and redemption has not reflected any direct concern for the well-being of animals, and we’ve never heard him express a shred of empathy toward the dogs he brutalized and killed,” the organization told TMZ.
The group accuses Vick of evading responsibility in the matter and failing to realize the “horrors and brutalities of dog fighting.”
“Vick’s actions have been simply self-serving and not remotely expressing remorse. Because of this, the ASPCA has serious concerns about Vick’s ability to be a responsible pet guardian.”
Vick spent 19 months in prison at the height of his career for illegal dog fighting.
- Byron Jackson Brings 'DeSean Jackson: Home Team' to BET (WATCH)
- Diddy May Catch Break in UCLA Case, but Could Lose Liquor License
- Ava DuVernay References 'Black Panther' in Support of Bree Newsome
- S.C. Legislature Has Votes to Remove Confederate Flag; KKK to Rally at Statehouse
- NBC Wants Minority Host to Replace Trump on ‘Celebrity Apprentice’?
- Seahawks WR Doug Baldwin Goes Viral with Anti-Confederate Flag Post
- Report: Tyga Fails to Pay 50K Offered to Squash Underage Sexual Battery Lawsuit
- Lee Daniels Signs Overall Deal with 20th Century Fox TV
- Brittney Griner’s Ex Glory Johnson Reveals She’s Having Twins
- NBC Fires Donald Trump Over Racist Comments
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here