The football star was a guest on CNN with Piers Morgan. He told the host he hopes to get a puppy for his kids. But the American Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals quickly raised a red flag and blasted Vick for not caring about animals.
Like EURweb on Facebook
“Vick’s journey toward rehabilitation and redemption has not reflected any direct concern for the well-being of animals, and we’ve never heard him express a shred of empathy toward the dogs he brutalized and killed,” the organization told TMZ.
The group accuses Vick of evading responsibility in the matter and failing to realize the “horrors and brutalities of dog fighting.”
“Vick’s actions have been simply self-serving and not remotely expressing remorse. Because of this, the ASPCA has serious concerns about Vick’s ability to be a responsible pet guardian.”
Vick spent 19 months in prison at the height of his career for illegal dog fighting.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Great Beginnings Hosts: 'It Takes a Village' to Celebrate Healthy Babies, Friday May 27
- THE (05-25-16) EURweb Free-4-All Page
- Report: Tamar's Attitude Towards ('The Real') Producers Did Her in
- Ringside Update / A Triple Boxing Championship Weekend
- Soulja Boy Exaggerated $400M Payday from World Poker Fund
- Skai Jackson On Being Meme Worthy and Beef with Azealia Banks
- Loni Love Addresses Tamar Braxton Firing in New Video (Watch)
- Mariah Carey Re-Ups with Hallmark Channel for 3 More Films
- Oprah Advised Paul McCartney Against Kanye West Duet Over N-Word
- New Leadership at BET's ‘Being Mary Jane’: Will Packer Replaces EP Mara Brock Akil
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here