The football star was a guest on CNN with Piers Morgan. He told the host he hopes to get a puppy for his kids. But the American Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals quickly raised a red flag and blasted Vick for not caring about animals.
Like EURweb on Facebook
“Vick’s journey toward rehabilitation and redemption has not reflected any direct concern for the well-being of animals, and we’ve never heard him express a shred of empathy toward the dogs he brutalized and killed,” the organization told TMZ.
The group accuses Vick of evading responsibility in the matter and failing to realize the “horrors and brutalities of dog fighting.”
“Vick’s actions have been simply self-serving and not remotely expressing remorse. Because of this, the ASPCA has serious concerns about Vick’s ability to be a responsible pet guardian.”
Vick spent 19 months in prison at the height of his career for illegal dog fighting.
- VH1 Orders Stevie J, Joseline Spin-Off; Season 2 of K. Michelle Confirmed
- Emayatzy Corinealdi Talks Role in New Amazon Series ‘Hand of God’
- Amended Lawsuit Mentions ‘White Girl’ Present When Bobbi Kristina Was Found Unconscious
- Tom Joyner: Hurricane Katrina, A Personal Memoir
- Trump Called Miley Cyrus to Say He ‘Loved’ Her Twerk-Filled VMA Performance
- Al Sharpton Trying to Put Positive Spin on MSNBC Timeslot Demotion
- Misty Copeland Dishes on Broadway Debut After Just Six Rehearsals (Video)
- TN Councilman Threatens to Kill ‘Black N****r’ in 911 Call; Swears He’s Not Racist (Listen)
- Tamar Braxton: ‘Ariana Grande Can Sing Her Face Off,’ But She Ain’t No Mariah
- Watch Obama Meet Woman Named Weezy and Break Into ‘Jeffersons’ Theme Song
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here