The football star was a guest on CNN with Piers Morgan. He told the host he hopes to get a puppy for his kids. But the American Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals quickly raised a red flag and blasted Vick for not caring about animals.
Like EURweb on Facebook
“Vick’s journey toward rehabilitation and redemption has not reflected any direct concern for the well-being of animals, and we’ve never heard him express a shred of empathy toward the dogs he brutalized and killed,” the organization told TMZ.
The group accuses Vick of evading responsibility in the matter and failing to realize the “horrors and brutalities of dog fighting.”
“Vick’s actions have been simply self-serving and not remotely expressing remorse. Because of this, the ASPCA has serious concerns about Vick’s ability to be a responsible pet guardian.”
Vick spent 19 months in prison at the height of his career for illegal dog fighting.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Michelle Obama Will Appear on Disney's 'Doc McStuffins'
- Fox News’ Rupert Murdoch Suggests Obama Isn’t a ‘Real Black President’; Apologizes Amid Backlash
- Michel’le Gets Personal with Thinkfactory for New BioPic Partnership
- Matt Barnes and Derek Fisher Reportedly Brawl Over Gloria Govan
- Butt-Injection Death of Bronx Non-profit Executive Ruled 'A Homicide'
- NBAer James Harden Proclaims: ‘I Am the Best Player in the League’
- Woman Punched by CHP Officer Arrested Again on Same Freeway!
- RECAP: Empire (S2, Ep3) Fires of Heaven
- Roseburg, Oregon Publisher Declares Pres. Obama is 'Not Welcome’ (WATCH)
- Online Tools and Resources Every Small Business - Entrepreneur Should Have
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here