The football star was a guest on CNN with Piers Morgan. He told the host he hopes to get a puppy for his kids. But the American Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals quickly raised a red flag and blasted Vick for not caring about animals.
Like EURweb on Facebook
“Vick’s journey toward rehabilitation and redemption has not reflected any direct concern for the well-being of animals, and we’ve never heard him express a shred of empathy toward the dogs he brutalized and killed,” the organization told TMZ.
The group accuses Vick of evading responsibility in the matter and failing to realize the “horrors and brutalities of dog fighting.”
“Vick’s actions have been simply self-serving and not remotely expressing remorse. Because of this, the ASPCA has serious concerns about Vick’s ability to be a responsible pet guardian.”
Vick spent 19 months in prison at the height of his career for illegal dog fighting.
- Naomi Campbell Still Gets Jitters Before Strutting the Runway
- WATCH: Leola Brown Goes in on Pat Houston Outside Bobbi Kristina Funeral
- Danger Sign in Bail for Alleged Cincinnati Police Shooter Ray Tensing
- Terrence Howard’s Ex Sues 'Empire' Star for Assault and Defamation
- Cedric The Entertainer Celebrity Golf Classic Tees Off August 17
- Take a Special Look Inside the Making of 'Straight Outta Compton' (WATCH)
- Report: Leola Brown Thrown Out of Bobbi Kristina Funeral Services
- Lil Kim Claims Mr. Papers Was Physically Abusive
- Jill Scott Talks New Album 'Woman', Motherhood and Longevity
- Khloe Kardashian, Lamar Odom Officially End Their Marriage
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here