As crazy as it sounds, a Loop 21 writer believes the Obama’s could be facing some hairy bias come November.
Apparently I struck a nerve last week when I dared to mention that the physical appearance of a candidate does impact whom voters choose to vote for. Some found my comments referencing Gov. Chris Christie “fatphobic,” even though I made it clear that presidential candidate Gov. Mitt Romney could actually learn a thing or two from his less svelte supporter.
Others wondered how Gov. Christie’s weight could be perceived as a liability when he defeated a thinner candidate to become Governor in the first place in former Senator turned Governor John Corzine. An interesting question, until you consider that multiple studieshave found that perhaps the only bigger turn off for voters than excess weight is excess facial hair, unless your name is actually Abraham Lincoln. Corzine sported facial hair throughout his campaign against Christie.
Read more at Loop 21
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Rupert Murdock...Seriously? You're Going to Define Whose 'Really Black'
- Jennifer Hudson Opens Up About Murder of Family Members
- #BlackTwitter Comes for Piers Morgan Over ‘I Love My Whiteness’
- Matt Barnes: I Was Checking On My Kids, Not Confronting Derek Fisher
- Ben Carson Now Blaming the Holocaust on Gun Control (Watch)
- Done Deal: F. Gary Gray Confirmed to Direct ‘Fast & Furious 8’
- Kelly Rowland is the New Face of Seagram’s Escapes
- Temple Board of Trustees Set to Replace Bill Cosby with Tamron Hall
- Rinkins Report: FMU's Black Male College Explorers Program helps decrease achievement gap
- Janet Jackson, Chaka Khan, The J.B.’s Considered for Rock Hall
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here