But she also had some good advice for women who are looking to do the same – be in love, happily.
Her husband, NBA player Shannon Brown, tied the knot with the woman of his dreams fewer than six months after meeting her on the set of “Love All Over Me” in 2010 – how romantic.
Two years later, the couple is still going strong and Monica adores her man with all her heart.
“It doesn’t take that long in this business. You see how ugly people are on the inside, so with him it was really interesting…that the first time we met he was talking about his grandmother,” Monica told TT Torrez at RadioOne Fest in Miami.
Like EURweb on Facebook
Granted they had a short courtship, the singer admits they’re still learning each other – a typical thing in marriage anyway. But it’s an adventure and makes things more exciting, she explained.
“Sometimes as a woman you have to be okay with not knowing all the answers,” she said. “I started asking for confirmation and I enjoyed every second with him instead of thinking so much and [trying] to map out how it should be. I sat back and let him be a man and let him lead into what we are now.”
While it was nice seeing the beautiful life of the couple, Monica is not ready to let the cameras back in her business again. She said maybe later.
- Photos: Usher and Miguel Host 5th Post BET Awards Party [Look: Photo Gallery]
- Fantasia Reunites With Husband, Faces Tax Lien
- NAACP President Compares Bree Newsome to Rosa Parks
- Doctors Warn of Health Risks from Wearing Skinny Jeans
- Eva Longoria to Donald Trump: ‘You Must Expect a Backlash’ (Watch)
- Warrant Issued for Florida State QB De’Andre Johnson
- K. Michelle Comes for SWV’s Coko; Tamar Gets Memed Over BET Performance
- Kirk Frost of 'L&HHA' Arrested at Dirt Bike Rally
- ‘BET Awards’ Ratings Down From Chris Rock-Hosted 2014 Ceremony
- Cheryl Burke Quits as Miss USA Co-Host Over Trump’s Comments
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here