But she also had some good advice for women who are looking to do the same – be in love, happily.
Her husband, NBA player Shannon Brown, tied the knot with the woman of his dreams fewer than six months after meeting her on the set of “Love All Over Me” in 2010 – how romantic.
Two years later, the couple is still going strong and Monica adores her man with all her heart.
“It doesn’t take that long in this business. You see how ugly people are on the inside, so with him it was really interesting…that the first time we met he was talking about his grandmother,” Monica told TT Torrez at RadioOne Fest in Miami.
Like EURweb on Facebook
Granted they had a short courtship, the singer admits they’re still learning each other – a typical thing in marriage anyway. But it’s an adventure and makes things more exciting, she explained.
“Sometimes as a woman you have to be okay with not knowing all the answers,” she said. “I started asking for confirmation and I enjoyed every second with him instead of thinking so much and [trying] to map out how it should be. I sat back and let him be a man and let him lead into what we are now.”
While it was nice seeing the beautiful life of the couple, Monica is not ready to let the cameras back in her business again. She said maybe later.
- 'Silly' is How Ben Carson Sees the ‘Black Lives Matter’ Movement
- Chicago Man Wrongly Imprisoned for 17 Years, Shot Dead at Home (WATCH)
- Bobbi Kristina Brown’s Funeral Filled with Family, Music and Spirituality
- Teddy Pendergrass, Angie Stone Team For Posthumous ‘Love TKO’ Duet (LISTEN)
- Is the Media Still on that 'Make Black People Look Bad' Thing?
- THE (08-03-15) EURweb Free-4-All Page/Board
- Bobby Shmurda, Girlfriend Plead Not Guilty to New Weapons Charges
- After Five Seasons, ‘Key & Peele’ Ending Comedy Central Run
- Neo-Soul Duo Presents Annual ‘Kindred the Family Reunion’ in Philly
- Amber Rose Reacts to Trolls Who Criticize 'Slut Walk' Initiative
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here