But she also had some good advice for women who are looking to do the same – be in love, happily.
Her husband, NBA player Shannon Brown, tied the knot with the woman of his dreams fewer than six months after meeting her on the set of “Love All Over Me” in 2010 – how romantic.
Two years later, the couple is still going strong and Monica adores her man with all her heart.
“It doesn’t take that long in this business. You see how ugly people are on the inside, so with him it was really interesting…that the first time we met he was talking about his grandmother,” Monica told TT Torrez at RadioOne Fest in Miami.
Like EURweb on Facebook
Granted they had a short courtship, the singer admits they’re still learning each other – a typical thing in marriage anyway. But it’s an adventure and makes things more exciting, she explained.
“Sometimes as a woman you have to be okay with not knowing all the answers,” she said. “I started asking for confirmation and I enjoyed every second with him instead of thinking so much and [trying] to map out how it should be. I sat back and let him be a man and let him lead into what we are now.”
While it was nice seeing the beautiful life of the couple, Monica is not ready to let the cameras back in her business again. She said maybe later.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Remodeling Your Home: The Risks You Need to Know
- THE (05-02-16) EURweb Free-4-All Page
- OMG! Did Facebook CEO, Mark Zuckerberg, Really Respond to My Friendly 'Hello?'
- Wendy Raquel Robinson Pays Tribute to Iconic Artist Prince
- Kelly Rowland's New Music Series Has Her Missing Destiny’s Child
- Tyra Banks, Misty Copeland to Speak During Essence Experience
- Tyler Perry Talks Following His Own Path to Saving OWN
- John Singleton and Gary Owen Score BET Series Deals
- Opinion: Presidential Correspondence Dinner not a Place for the word 'Ni*ga'
- Wendell James Grand Marshall for Long Beach Pride Parade
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here