The 75-year-old actor chatted about his views regarding weed during an interview with Newsweek recently.
“Marijuana! Heavens, oh yeah. It’s just the stupidest law possible, given history,” he lamented. “You don’t stop people from doing what they want to do, so forget about making it unlawful. You’re just making criminals out of people who aren’t engaged in criminal activity. And we’re spending zillions of dollars trying to fight a war we can’t win! We could make zillions, just legalize it and tax it like we do liquor. It’s stupid.”
Like EURweb on Facebook
Oh, he was being quite the controversial character. He also brought up his views regarding same-sex marriage, sharing his appreciation for diversity. He says people must evolve and remove themselves from tradition like he did. The actor grew up in the South, where the Bible is law. After leaving the Air force, began his entertainment career as a dancer. It was a world all its own that included brilliant gay men.
Freeman is exactly what his name says, free. This isn’t the first time he’s gotten on his soapbox and professed his liberalism.
In another interview in June this year, he confessed that he believes “we invented God.” And that “he is God.” He also said the Tea Party is a racist group.
Freeman is also starring in “The Dark Knight Rises” in theaters now.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Tyra Banks, Misty Copeland to Speak During Essence Experience
- Tyler Perry Talks Following His Own Path to Saving OWN
- John Singleton and Gary Owen Score BET Series Deals
- Opinion: Presidential Correspondence Dinner not a Place for the word 'Nigga'
- Wendell James Grand Marshall for Long Beach Pride Parade
- Prince Update: Family Gifted Big Bucks by George Lopez
- Latice Crawford Releases ‘Diary of a Church Girl’ May 20
- Wilmore's 'My Nigga' to Obama Gets Black Twitter Approval, But not Najee Ali
- Aisha Tyler: African-American Teens Must 'Be Brave' About College
- Poet Pens Stunning Piece About Appropriating Black Slang (WATCH)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here