The 75-year-old actor chatted about his views regarding weed during an interview with Newsweek recently.
“Marijuana! Heavens, oh yeah. It’s just the stupidest law possible, given history,” he lamented. “You don’t stop people from doing what they want to do, so forget about making it unlawful. You’re just making criminals out of people who aren’t engaged in criminal activity. And we’re spending zillions of dollars trying to fight a war we can’t win! We could make zillions, just legalize it and tax it like we do liquor. It’s stupid.”
Like EURweb on Facebook
Oh, he was being quite the controversial character. He also brought up his views regarding same-sex marriage, sharing his appreciation for diversity. He says people must evolve and remove themselves from tradition like he did. The actor grew up in the South, where the Bible is law. After leaving the Air force, began his entertainment career as a dancer. It was a world all its own that included brilliant gay men.
Freeman is exactly what his name says, free. This isn’t the first time he’s gotten on his soapbox and professed his liberalism.
In another interview in June this year, he confessed that he believes “we invented God.” And that “he is God.” He also said the Tea Party is a racist group.
Freeman is also starring in “The Dark Knight Rises” in theaters now.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Nivea Dishes about Her Feelings on Lil Wayne, Christina Milian (Watch)
- Akon and His Mother Owes $36K for Pimped Out Mansion
- Khloe Kardashian Not Spending Thanksgiving With Lamar Odom
- Gonna Fly Now: ‘Creed’ Sets Pre-Thanksgiving Record with $1.4M Box Office
- Black Student Criticizes WWU For Ignoring Racist Threats Against Her
- EUR on Set with 'Rosewood's' Morris Chestnut & Taye Diggs WATCH)
- Greg Hardy Cancels Thanksgiving Nightclub Gig Over ‘Public Image’?
- South African Girl in Chris Rock’s Family Here On ‘Visitor Visa’
- Woman Nearly Burned House Down Trying Something She Saw on Facebook
- Rapper Lil Boosie Says He Has Kidney Cancer
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here