The 75-year-old actor chatted about his views regarding weed during an interview with Newsweek recently.
“Marijuana! Heavens, oh yeah. It’s just the stupidest law possible, given history,” he lamented. “You don’t stop people from doing what they want to do, so forget about making it unlawful. You’re just making criminals out of people who aren’t engaged in criminal activity. And we’re spending zillions of dollars trying to fight a war we can’t win! We could make zillions, just legalize it and tax it like we do liquor. It’s stupid.”
Like EURweb on Facebook
Oh, he was being quite the controversial character. He also brought up his views regarding same-sex marriage, sharing his appreciation for diversity. He says people must evolve and remove themselves from tradition like he did. The actor grew up in the South, where the Bible is law. After leaving the Air force, began his entertainment career as a dancer. It was a world all its own that included brilliant gay men.
Freeman is exactly what his name says, free. This isn’t the first time he’s gotten on his soapbox and professed his liberalism.
In another interview in June this year, he confessed that he believes “we invented God.” And that “he is God.” He also said the Tea Party is a racist group.
Freeman is also starring in “The Dark Knight Rises” in theaters now.
- What Style of Engagement Ring is Right for You?
- THE (07-06-15) EURweb Free-4-All Page/Board
- 'Staten Island Summer' to Release on Netflix July 31 (Watch Trailer)
- Aaron Camper's Back and is 'Hypnotizing' in New Video (WATCH)
- MTV Presents 'White People' Documentary
- Kanye West Could've Been Highest Paid on Las Vegas Strip
- Reach Media Welcomes 'Gospel Traxx With Walt Baby Love' to its Urban Lineup
- Tyrese Gibson Responds to Forbes for ‘Green Lantern’ Shade
- Video: Tidal Releases Bizzy Crook's 'From Everything Came Nothing'
- Tasha Cobbs' 'One Place Live' Releases August 21 on Motown Gospel
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here