*Morgan Freeman, who appears in the upcoming Batman sequel “The Dark Knight Rises,” says he still hasn’t regained full use of his left hand following a near-fatal car wreck that left it with severe nerve damage.
In fact, he was still sporting a hand cast during his visit to “Live With Kelly” this week, explaining that doctors advised him last year that it would take another 12 months before his damaged nerves would fully function.
“It’s coming along, it looks a little odd with this glove on,” said the star of “The Bucket List,” adding that his own bucket list includes a wish to “Make these fingers work, that’s one of them!”
The actor broke his arm and shoulder four years ago after losing control of his car while driving in Mississippi. The car veered off the road and flipped over several times.
Although his hand is still messed up, the injury has done nothing to hinder his acting career. Among the dozen films he’s completed or narrated in the meantime include last year’s “Dolphin Tale” and the forthcoming “The Magic of Belle Isle.”
On July 20, he’ll return as Bruce Wayne’s business manager Lucius Fox in “The Dark Knight Rises,” the third and final film in director Christopher Nolan’s Batman trilogy that includes 2005’s “Batman Begins” and 2008’s “The Dark Knight.” [Scroll down to watch the latest clip.]
In audio from the film’s press conference on Sunday, Freeman was asked if he played hard to get when Christopher Nolan asked him to reprise his role, and whether or not Nolan hand delivered the top secret script to him like he did to some of the other cast members – in order to ensure that it didn’t leak.
Below, Freeman appears in a new clip from “The Dark Knight Rises” titled “The Bat,” released from Warner Bros. on Thursday, July 12.
- Lorraine Toussaint Talks Playing Morris Chestnut’s Mama on ‘Rosewood’
- O.J. Simpson Fuming: Women Have Stopped Sending Him Commissary Money
- Gospel Sensation Naomi B Releases New Single, ‘Break Free’ (LISTEN)
- White Police Chief Gets Home Detention for Killing Unarmed Black Man
- Casting Complete for Brandy’s New BET Series ‘Zoe Ever After’
- Rosie O’Donnell Checks Elisabeth Hasselbeck for Calling #BlackLivesMatter a Hate Group
- Perspective on Harris Co. Deputy's Death by Project 21 Member Who Served with Him
- RHOA Fight: Cynthia Bailey Kicked Porsha Williams in the Stomach (Report)
- James Bond Author Now ‘Sorry’ for Calling Idris Elba ‘Too Street’
- Janet Jackson Drops Missy Elliott Collabo at ‘Unbreakable’ Tour Launch (Clips)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here