*Boxing icon Muhammad Ali has added fuel to rumors that he’s to take part in the opening ceremony of the London Olympics Friday after arriving in the U.K. capital this week.
The retired athlete, who suffers from Parkinson’s disease, traveled to the city to attend the Beyond Sport award ceremony on Tuesday when he joined soccer ace David Beckham to present a prize at the event.
However, media speculation suggests Ali’s trip will also involve a surprise appearance at the Olympics opening ceremony, when director Danny Boyle will help to launch the 2012 Olympics by transforming the Olympic Stadium into a scene from the British countryside – complete with 70 sheep, 12 horses, chickens, cows, goats, geese and dogs.
Ali won gold in the 1960 Summer Olympics in Rome, Italy after triumphing in a light heavyweight division match.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Police Erased Video of CLaquan McDonald Shooting: Burger King Manager
- Phaedra Blogs Support for Cynthia and Peter During Marital Drama
- Tyra Banks Not Feuding with Chrissy Teigen, Chooses Beauty Brand Over 'FABLife'
- Ebony Celebrates Black Power with Williams, Belafonte and Zendaya
- Boxer Yusaf Mack is Attracted to Transgenders; Inspired by Caitlyn Jenner
- Editorial: Instead of 'Is it Because I'm Black?' - Why Not, 'Is it Because You're White?'
- Whoa! This is T-Pain ... Performing Minus Auto Tune? (Watch/Listen)
- Dick Wolf: King of Crossovers Takes Chicago, Talks TV Dominance [EUR Exclusive]
- Jill Scott: ''Soul Train' Brought Soul Into Everyone’s House'
- Presenting Ice-T and Coco's New Baby: Chanel Nicole
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here