*Boxing icon Muhammad Ali has added fuel to rumors that he’s to take part in the opening ceremony of the London Olympics Friday after arriving in the U.K. capital this week.
The retired athlete, who suffers from Parkinson’s disease, traveled to the city to attend the Beyond Sport award ceremony on Tuesday when he joined soccer ace David Beckham to present a prize at the event.
However, media speculation suggests Ali’s trip will also involve a surprise appearance at the Olympics opening ceremony, when director Danny Boyle will help to launch the 2012 Olympics by transforming the Olympic Stadium into a scene from the British countryside – complete with 70 sheep, 12 horses, chickens, cows, goats, geese and dogs.
Ali won gold in the 1960 Summer Olympics in Rome, Italy after triumphing in a light heavyweight division match.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- FAMU Grad Single Mom (Taylor Hunter) Testament to Power of Perseverance
- THE (05-05-16) EURweb Free-4-All Page
- EURweb.com Partners with Blackmon Entertainment Media on Exclusive New Media Licensing Deal
- It's GAME Time! Says Fashion Accessory Brand, Sprayground
- Trump Takes GOP Nomination; Will Black America Listen to His Presidential Plan? (Video)
- Afrika Bambaataa Now Accused of Molesting Hundreds of Boys
- Prince Offered to Mentor Chris Brown After Rihanna Incident
- OWN Staff Blindsided by Exit of Oprah’s Longtime Confident Sheri Salata (Report)
- FoxNews.Com Pulls Comment Section of Malia Obama Story After Racists Take Over
- Pres. Obama Drinks Filtered Flint Water to Show It's Safe (Watch)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here