*Boxing icon Muhammad Ali has added fuel to rumors that he’s to take part in the opening ceremony of the London Olympics Friday after arriving in the U.K. capital this week.
The retired athlete, who suffers from Parkinson’s disease, traveled to the city to attend the Beyond Sport award ceremony on Tuesday when he joined soccer ace David Beckham to present a prize at the event.
However, media speculation suggests Ali’s trip will also involve a surprise appearance at the Olympics opening ceremony, when director Danny Boyle will help to launch the 2012 Olympics by transforming the Olympic Stadium into a scene from the British countryside – complete with 70 sheep, 12 horses, chickens, cows, goats, geese and dogs.
Ali won gold in the 1960 Summer Olympics in Rome, Italy after triumphing in a light heavyweight division match.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Oprah Winfrey Ready for ‘Greenleaf’ Backlash; Warns T.D. Jakes of Possible Comparisons
- ‘Straight Outta Compton’ Lawyers in Jerry Heller Case Want Judge to Watch Entire Film for Context
- If You're the Mother of a Teen Girl, You'll Want to Know About This
- Michael Jace Told Wife Before Shooting Her, ‘If You Like Running, Then Run To Heaven’, Son Testifies
- John Legend’s ‘Granny’ Meets Great Granddaughter Luna Simone (Pic)
- EUR Exclusive! Tyler Perry in Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Clip #TMNT2 (WATCH)
- Prince Sax Player Joins FAMU Wind Symphony for Beautiful 'Purple Rain' Performance (Watch)
- Grad Party Cancels T.I. Gig after Shooting; Wants $55,000 Payment Back
- Google Announces $250,000 in Grants for Flint, MI Water Crisis
- THE (05-27-16) EURweb Free-4-All Page
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here