*Boxing icon Muhammad Ali has added fuel to rumors that he’s to take part in the opening ceremony of the London Olympics Friday after arriving in the U.K. capital this week.
The retired athlete, who suffers from Parkinson’s disease, traveled to the city to attend the Beyond Sport award ceremony on Tuesday when he joined soccer ace David Beckham to present a prize at the event.
However, media speculation suggests Ali’s trip will also involve a surprise appearance at the Olympics opening ceremony, when director Danny Boyle will help to launch the 2012 Olympics by transforming the Olympic Stadium into a scene from the British countryside – complete with 70 sheep, 12 horses, chickens, cows, goats, geese and dogs.
Ali won gold in the 1960 Summer Olympics in Rome, Italy after triumphing in a light heavyweight division match.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Tupac Planned to Kill ‘Thug Life’ Via 'Thug Life is Dead' Letter
- Steven Ivory: Lunch, with a Side of Humility
- Janet Jackson Reschedules Vegas Shows Supposedly to Rest Voice
- Jeremiah Wright is Still Hatin' on President Obama
- The Socialist's Journal: Quarterly Quick Hits Part 3
- Olatunde Osunsanmi Tackles Science Behind Fiction With Hollywood TV & Film Successes
- *The Napa Valley Wine Train Ladies Visit 'The Real' (WATCH)
- Black Owned Beauty Supply Outlet Replaces Destroyed Korean Owned Store in Ferguson
- THE (10-06-15) EURweb Free-4-All Page/Board
- Bessie Smith's Estate 'Thrilled' Over Four Emmy Wins for 'Bessie'
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here