*Boxing icon Muhammad Ali has added fuel to rumors that he’s to take part in the opening ceremony of the London Olympics Friday after arriving in the U.K. capital this week.
The retired athlete, who suffers from Parkinson’s disease, traveled to the city to attend the Beyond Sport award ceremony on Tuesday when he joined soccer ace David Beckham to present a prize at the event.
However, media speculation suggests Ali’s trip will also involve a surprise appearance at the Olympics opening ceremony, when director Danny Boyle will help to launch the 2012 Olympics by transforming the Olympic Stadium into a scene from the British countryside – complete with 70 sheep, 12 horses, chickens, cows, goats, geese and dogs.
Ali won gold in the 1960 Summer Olympics in Rome, Italy after triumphing in a light heavyweight division match.
- Khloe Kardashian, Lamar Odom Officially End Their Marriage
- K. Michelle Performs at Sold Out Honey Jam Concert, Joined By 'Rebels'
- Browns Suspicious Houstons Will Sneak Pic of Bobbi Kristina's Body: Report
- DIY Zen Living: Make the Most of Whatever Outdoor Space You Have
- The Wiz Casting, Bobbi Kristina, Racial Profiling App, Janet Jackson & More| BHL
- Whoa! Baltimore Sees 43 Homicides in July - A 43 Year Record for A Single Month
- Family Dynamics Cause Scare in Saturday's 'Flex & Shanice' (WATCH)
- Janet Jackson Continues Tour Rehearsal, Set to Perform at iHeartRadio Festival
- Lauryn Hill Performs Nina Simone’s ‘Feeling Good’ on ‘Fallon’ (Watch)
- Azealia Banks Shades Erykah Badu for Having Multiple Baby Daddies
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here