*Nicki Minaj gave her home country of Trinidad and Tobago a huge close-up in the music video for her new single, “Pound the Alarm.” [Scroll down to watch.]
Shot in Port of Spain, Trinidad and Tobago by director Benny Boom, the clip begins with a steel drum recreating the opening notes of the up-tempo song. Siren sounds introduce Minaj’s big-blonde-haired arrival.
Surrounded by blue-painted fire breathers dancing next to women dressed in feather-accented headdresses and little else, Minaj gyrates her way through the streets of her birthplace. The festivities are intercut with moments that showcase the country’s remarkable natural beauties, like its coastlines and vegetation.
The video, filmed last month, ends with fireworks and more feathers as the “Starships” singer performs in front of thousands of adoring fans.
- Antonio Fargas Gives Props to Rihanna for 'BBHMM'
- Announcing the Luther Vandross Estate's 'Power of Love Experience'
- Google Apologizes for App that Calls Black People 'Gorillas'
- Warren Sapp Might Be Going to Jail for Breaking Plea Deal
- Sizzling Summer Movies Heat Up Box Office
- Black Women Fastest Growing Group of Entrepreneurs in U.S
- Once Homeless and Alone in NYC, Man Receives Yale Scholarship
- Rihanna’s BET Appearance Was Simply Marketing Trickery
- America: A Nation Under Sin or Love?
- Diddy's Fall, Racist Arsonists, Nene Leakes and More News! | BHL's This Week
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here