*Nicki Minaj gave her home country of Trinidad and Tobago a huge close-up in the music video for her new single, “Pound the Alarm.” [Scroll down to watch.]
Shot in Port of Spain, Trinidad and Tobago by director Benny Boom, the clip begins with a steel drum recreating the opening notes of the up-tempo song. Siren sounds introduce Minaj’s big-blonde-haired arrival.
Surrounded by blue-painted fire breathers dancing next to women dressed in feather-accented headdresses and little else, Minaj gyrates her way through the streets of her birthplace. The festivities are intercut with moments that showcase the country’s remarkable natural beauties, like its coastlines and vegetation.
The video, filmed last month, ends with fireworks and more feathers as the “Starships” singer performs in front of thousands of adoring fans.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- 3 Things to Do NOW to Transform Your Life (WATCH)
- The Kobie Chronicles: 'Red, White & Baltimore' Premiere As Freddie Gray Trials Commence
- Lamar Odom's Lucky Break: Prosecution for Cocaine Possession Unlikely
- Why?! Well Known Black Ministers Set to Meet With Trump
- Movie Watch: Big Weekend for Creed, The Good Dinosaur, Victor Frankenstein
- The Pulse of Entertainment: Walt Disney’s 'The Good Dinosaur' is a Story of a Bond of Two Unlikely Friends
- Naughty by Nature Hitting the Road to Celebrate 25th Anniversary
- EURweb Covers the 'Creed' Movie Premiere (WATCH)
- Jasmyne Cannick: Before Cops Encourage the Public to Snitch Maybe They Should Lead By Example (VIDEO)
- Taye Diggs on ‘Rosewood’ Gig: ‘I Knew It Was Going to Be Fun’
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here