*Nicki Minaj gave her home country of Trinidad and Tobago a huge close-up in the music video for her new single, “Pound the Alarm.” [Scroll down to watch.]
Shot in Port of Spain, Trinidad and Tobago by director Benny Boom, the clip begins with a steel drum recreating the opening notes of the up-tempo song. Siren sounds introduce Minaj’s big-blonde-haired arrival.
Surrounded by blue-painted fire breathers dancing next to women dressed in feather-accented headdresses and little else, Minaj gyrates her way through the streets of her birthplace. The festivities are intercut with moments that showcase the country’s remarkable natural beauties, like its coastlines and vegetation.
The video, filmed last month, ends with fireworks and more feathers as the “Starships” singer performs in front of thousands of adoring fans.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Apollo Nida Breaking Jailhouse Rules Because ... He's Famous
- Homeless Woman and Millionaire Brought Together by a (Wait for it) Dog
- Wiz Khalifa Sued for $2 Million by Former Label
- TV Host Tomi Lahren Rips Jesse Williams, BET for ‘Race Baiting’ & 'Perpetuating War on Cops' (Watch)
- CNN’s Marc Lamont Hill to Host Late-Night Talk Show for VH1
- Essence Festival to Honor Prince With NOLA-Themed Tribute Closing Night
- Regina King, Idris Elba, Ice Cube among Flood of Black Talent Invited Into Academy (See List)
- Woman's Impromptu National Anthem Stops DC Tourists in their Tracks (Watch)
- Jessica Williams to Exit ‘The Daily Show’ for Own Comedy Central Pilot
- Why EJ Johnson Decided Against Transitioning: ‘I Thought About it For Sure’ (Watch)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here