*Nicki Minaj gave her home country of Trinidad and Tobago a huge close-up in the music video for her new single, “Pound the Alarm.” [Scroll down to watch.]
Shot in Port of Spain, Trinidad and Tobago by director Benny Boom, the clip begins with a steel drum recreating the opening notes of the up-tempo song. Siren sounds introduce Minaj’s big-blonde-haired arrival.
Surrounded by blue-painted fire breathers dancing next to women dressed in feather-accented headdresses and little else, Minaj gyrates her way through the streets of her birthplace. The festivities are intercut with moments that showcase the country’s remarkable natural beauties, like its coastlines and vegetation.
The video, filmed last month, ends with fireworks and more feathers as the “Starships” singer performs in front of thousands of adoring fans.
- Nicole Murphy Addresses Nick Cannon Dating Rumors
- Cedric the Entertainer Hosts 3rd Annual Celebrity Golf Classic [Photos]
- Lorenzo Brown, Husband of Sister-2-Sister Publisher Jamie Brown, Dies of Cancer
- (The Black Hat) Serena Williams is a Winner, Not a Cover Girl
- 10 Things You Didn't Know About Michael Jackson on His Birthday
- 'The Martian': 'Love Letter to Science' -- Matt Damon
- The Film Strip: New York Comic Con Tickets Going Fast
- 'Django Unchained' Actress Daniele Watts & Boyfriend Sentenced
- Shocking! How BGF Members Made $20K a Month in Jail
- Piano Man: Tyler Perry Buys Nat King Cole's Steinway for $150k
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here