*Nicki Minaj gave her home country of Trinidad and Tobago a huge close-up in the music video for her new single, “Pound the Alarm.” [Scroll down to watch.]
Shot in Port of Spain, Trinidad and Tobago by director Benny Boom, the clip begins with a steel drum recreating the opening notes of the up-tempo song. Siren sounds introduce Minaj’s big-blonde-haired arrival.
Surrounded by blue-painted fire breathers dancing next to women dressed in feather-accented headdresses and little else, Minaj gyrates her way through the streets of her birthplace. The festivities are intercut with moments that showcase the country’s remarkable natural beauties, like its coastlines and vegetation.
The video, filmed last month, ends with fireworks and more feathers as the “Starships” singer performs in front of thousands of adoring fans.
- Sophie Okonedo to Star in New BBC America Series ‘Undercover’
- Evan Ross, Ashlee Simpson Welcome Baby Girl
- Missy Elliott Reportedly Joins ‘The Voice’ Season 9 as a Mentor
- Dylann Roof Enters 33 ‘Not Guilty’ Pleas in Federal Court
- Unauthorized Beyoncé Bio to Reveal Inside Deets on 'SolangeGate'
- 'Peanuts' Celebrates its First African American Character, Franklin
- Kevin Hart Talks Homophobia & Race with Rolling Stone
- White House Petitioned to Extradite Dentist that Killed 'Cecil the Lion'
- Ciara Takes 'Presidential' Route on Janet Tribute, Mom and Men
- Sad: William ‘Refrigerator’ Perry Auctioning Off Super Bowl Ring
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here