She was filming the video for “Pound the Alarm” and can be seen arriving at the airport, where the locals begin screaming and trying to take pictures of her on their cell phones. As she talks to the camera about the last time she visited her birthplace, she gets choked up and the scene quickly cuts away.
“I never thought in a million years I would ever do this,” she explains to the camera. “The last time I came to Trinidad, this was the exact room that I stayed in. This is where we shot ‘My Time Now’ for MTV. My whole family came in.”
At that point that she turns away before the scene switches. During the two and a half minute video, Nicki can be heard describing how supportive the women of Trinidad and Tobago are of her and she is filmed wearing traditional carnival dress, as are many of the women featured alongside her.
Meanwhile, Nicki Minaj made the headlines yesterday after The Guardian reported that she complained about the length of the grass backstage. A source has told them “She said it was far too long for her to walk on. She threw a complete strop, pouting and pointing and asking someone to get a lawnmower to sort it out.” Could it be that the long grass was to blame for her being an hour late to the stage that night?
- EUR on the Scene: Exclusive Look Inside the 2015 VMAs
- Jamaican Author Shares Her Story on Being Raped at Gunpoint; Empowers Women to Triumph Over Adversity
- Detroit's ZanYe Digs Deep for Ballroom with Reboot of Four Tops Classic
- Fox Gives ‘Empire’ Fans Early Prep for Season 2 with 22-Minute Featurette (WATCH)
- Chrissy Teigen and John Legend's Marriage Inspires New Sitcom
- Tyler, the Creator Banned from UK Over 'Terrorist' Lyrics
- Shannon J. Miles Arrested As Suspect in Killing of Texas Deputy
- Nicole Murphy Addresses Nick Cannon Dating Rumors
- Cedric the Entertainer Hosts 3rd Annual Celebrity Golf Classic [Photos]
- Lorenzo Brown, Husband of Sister-2-Sister Publisher Jamie Brown, Dies of Cancer
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here