She was filming the video for “Pound the Alarm” and can be seen arriving at the airport, where the locals begin screaming and trying to take pictures of her on their cell phones. As she talks to the camera about the last time she visited her birthplace, she gets choked up and the scene quickly cuts away.
“I never thought in a million years I would ever do this,” she explains to the camera. “The last time I came to Trinidad, this was the exact room that I stayed in. This is where we shot ‘My Time Now’ for MTV. My whole family came in.”
At that point that she turns away before the scene switches. During the two and a half minute video, Nicki can be heard describing how supportive the women of Trinidad and Tobago are of her and she is filmed wearing traditional carnival dress, as are many of the women featured alongside her.
Meanwhile, Nicki Minaj made the headlines yesterday after The Guardian reported that she complained about the length of the grass backstage. A source has told them “She said it was far too long for her to walk on. She threw a complete strop, pouting and pointing and asking someone to get a lawnmower to sort it out.” Could it be that the long grass was to blame for her being an hour late to the stage that night?
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- DMX Makes Sitcom Debut as Love Expert on ‘Fresh Off The Boat’ (WATCH)
- The Orlando Magic Give Thanks This Holiday
- Ava DuVernay Responds to Lionsgate Apology for 'Egypt' White-washing
- Flashback - Kobe Bryant Ponders Life after Basketball: ‘I’ve Got to Find My Passion’
- Serena Williams is Half-Naked in 2016 Pirelli Calendar (Pics)
- Miami Jury Now Holds Fate of 'Facebook Killer' In Their Hands! (Disturbing Photo)
- What Does Future Require In His Concert Dressing Rooms?
- Female Characters in ‘The Wiz Live!’ Rewritten to be More Empowered
- John Hairston's Gospel Internet Radio Station Hits the Airwaves in January
- 'He Used to Call Me Ma’am' - A Look Back at Kobe Bryant
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here