She was filming the video for “Pound the Alarm” and can be seen arriving at the airport, where the locals begin screaming and trying to take pictures of her on their cell phones. As she talks to the camera about the last time she visited her birthplace, she gets choked up and the scene quickly cuts away.
“I never thought in a million years I would ever do this,” she explains to the camera. “The last time I came to Trinidad, this was the exact room that I stayed in. This is where we shot ‘My Time Now’ for MTV. My whole family came in.”
At that point that she turns away before the scene switches. During the two and a half minute video, Nicki can be heard describing how supportive the women of Trinidad and Tobago are of her and she is filmed wearing traditional carnival dress, as are many of the women featured alongside her.
Meanwhile, Nicki Minaj made the headlines yesterday after The Guardian reported that she complained about the length of the grass backstage. A source has told them “She said it was far too long for her to walk on. She threw a complete strop, pouting and pointing and asking someone to get a lawnmower to sort it out.” Could it be that the long grass was to blame for her being an hour late to the stage that night?
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Be Someone Partners W/ Police for Brains Before Bullets
- THE (06-30-16) EURweb Free-4-All Page
- Music Exec Salutes Billy Paul & Luther Vandross
- Before Muhammad Ali's Death, Son Says 'Evil Stepmom' Kept Him Prisoner
- Iggy Azalea Dumped Nick Young Because He Impregnated His Ex
- Deion Sanders Hit With $1M Lawsuit Over Assault at Son's School
- Apollo Nida Breaking Jailhouse Rules Because ... He's Famous
- Homeless Woman and Millionaire Brought Together by a (Wait for it) Dog
- Wiz Khalifa Sued for $2 Million by Former Label
- TV Host Tomi Lahren Rips Jesse Williams, BET for ‘Race Baiting’ & 'Perpetuating War on Cops' (Watch)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here