It’s now almost 4 years into President Obama’s presidency and some folks still want to believe he’s a Muslim, despite the fact that he has repeatedly calls himself a Christian. It’s all contained in a new Pew research report, according to the Huffington Post
Three and a half years into the presidency of Barack Obama, 17 percent of registered voters still believe that he is a Muslim despite the fact that he is a Christian, according to a poll released Thursday by the Pew Forum on Religion and Public Life. Forty-nine percent correctly identified that he is a Christian, while 31 percent of respondents said they did not know.
The poll showed a striking increase in Republicans and conservative Republicans who say that Obama’s Muslim. Sixteen percent of both groups in October 2008 said that he was Muslim, while in this survey, 30 percent of Republicans and 34 percent of conservative Republicans said so.
More Americans than in 2010, however, correctly said that Obama is a Christian. But the percentage is still down from 2008, when 55 percent identified him as such.
Read/learn more at Huffington Post.
- 'Empire' Costars Trai Byers and Grace Gealey Set to be Married
- More Sandra Bland Video Released to Prove She Arrived Alive At Jail
- Netflix Announces Mike Epps Special, 'Chelsea Handler Does Racism’, More at TCA Press Tour
- Paul Mooney Says Bill Cosby Got His 'N****r Wake-up Call'
- Shaq Doubles Down on Pippen: ‘I Don’t Let Bums Disrespect Me’
- Judge Tosses Orlando Scandrick’s Restraining Order Against Draya
- Second Suspect in 10 Days Dies in Custody of Houston Police
- Tom Joyner' Cruise Supports Students Featured on Hollywood Divas Season 2
- Azealia Banks Angers Australia by Calling Crowds ‘Belligerent’
- Report: Tom Brady Destroyed Cell Phone; NFL Suspension to be Upheld
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here