On a phone conference with his donors, the president sort of rambled and sounded like he was begging for money and to send it pronto.
“The majority on this call maxed out to my campaign last time. I really need you to do the same this time,” the president said in a highly unusual fundraising pitch from Air Force One on his way back to Washington from Colorado Springs, where he’d been assessing the terrible damage caused by uncontained wildfires according to The Daily Beast.
He told his sponsors that this time around, he needs more money to continue.
“I’m asking you to meet or exceed what you did in 2008,” he said. “Because we’re going to have to deal with these super PACs in a serious way. And if we don’t, frankly I think the political [scene] is going to be changed permanently. Because the special interests that are financing my opponent’s campaign are just going to consolidate themselves. They’re gonna run Congress and the White House.”
Like EURweb on Facebook
According to sources, he sounded a bit disheartened by the whole process and even looking back at his presidency as he’s gotten a lot of criticism.
“And now I’m the incumbent president. I’ve got gray hair. People have seen disappointment because folks had a vision of change happening immediately. And it turns out change is hard, especially when you’ve got an obstructionist Republican Congress.”
Before listeners thought he sounded depressed, he perked up a bit and said that over the past three years, a lot has been done for the better.
Last month, President Obama raised $60 million while his opponent Mitt Romney raised $76 million.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- 2016 BET Awards Winners List
- 50 Cent Arrested in St. Kitts for Using Dirty Word in Show
- TV One Sets Original Film ‘Bad Dad Rehab’ for July Premiere (EUR Exclusive)
- Montell Jordan Releases New Memoir & Returns To R&B
- Frank Ocean Pens Open Letter On Orlando Massacre
- Steve Harvey’s Mentorship Program Empowers 220 Fatherless Males
- Michelle Obama and Daughters Sasha, Malia Head to Africa
- The Story Behind Jill Scott's Surprise Marriage (VIDEOS)
- We Remember: Celebrity Photographer Bill Jones Dies at 83
- Zoe Saldana to 'Nina' Critics: 'Don’t Address Me with Such Disdain'
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here