*Hmm, we wonder how the Birthers are deal with this new bit of info regarding the presidents lineage.
As has been reported, his family tree has been linked to Brad Pitt, Sarah Palin and both Presidents Bush but now President Barack Obama may be related to the first documented African slave in pre-revolutionary America.
Ancestry.com, which bills itself as the world’s largest online family history resource, on Monday released research and documents which it says shows the first indentured African American servant is an ancestor of President Obama’s mother.
“We have two of the most significant Africans in our country’s history being directly related to each other,” Joseph Shumway, an Ancestry.com genealogist, told CNN.
Like EURweb on Facebook
Shumway was part of a team of four genealogists who say they worked more than 500 hours to establish the connection between Obama’s family and that of John Punch, an indentured servant who was sentenced to a life of slavery after an unsuccessful escape attempt in colonial Virginia.
The Ancestry.com researchers found the new connection to the president’s African roots through an unlikely link, that of Obama’s Caucasian mother.
Read/learn more at CNN.
Watch this CNN report on the subject:
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Master P Sued Over Failure to Deliver Snoop Dogg in Dubai
- Grammys: Ice Cube & Son to Present; Miguel to Sing 'She's Out Of My Life'
- Yolanda Adams Added to Fox’s Live Musical ‘The Passion’
- Lance Stephenson Drags Ex K. Michelle Over ‘Down in the DM’ Remix
- Cleveland Rescinds $500 ER Bill Sent to Tamir Rice’s Family
- Not a Good Cop Look: Ex-Sheriff, Lee Baca, Admits Guilt in False Statements
- Woman Accusing Chris Brown of Battery Files Lawsuit
- Wife of Thunder Asst. Coach Monty Williams Dies in Car Crash
- Diddy Joining ‘The Voice’ As Advisor to Pharrell Williams
- Janet Jackson Sighting: Paps Finally Catch Her After Surgery (Watch)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here