*President Barack Obama is going hard in the paint and is trying to recover from his slip of the tongue comment “you didn’t build that” after Republican candidate Mitt Romney capitalized on the questionable statement.
“Those ads taking my words about small business out of context – they’re flat out wrong,” the president says in the 31-second pitch. “Of course Americans build their own businesses. Every day, hard-working people sacrifice to meet a payroll, create jobs and make our economy run.”
He went on to justify his comments saying that Americans are invested in the growth and future of the nation.
“And what I said was that we need to stand behind them, as America always has, by investing in education and training, roads and bridges research and technology,” he says. “I’m Barack Obama and I approve this message because I believe we’re all in this together.”
But Romney’s campaign isn’t about to let this one go. In a statement about the ad, Romney spokesman Ryan Williams told reporters: “It’s clear what President Obama believes because he told us: ‘If you’ve got a business — you didn’t build that. Somebody else made that happen.’ He said it, and he meant it.”
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- The Socialist's Journal: Blake Lively
- Dr. Kenneth C. Ulmer and David Sigel Announce TUI
- 'It Got Better': Raven Symone Talks Sexuality & Coming Out (WATCH)
- THE (05-24-16) EURweb Free-4-All Page
- Oscar Generale & Denny Mendez Shopping for Baby Clothes?
- Lynn Whitfield Dishes on Her Dramatic Face Off With Oprah! (WATCH)
- Yes, Wendy Williams Had Plenty to Say About the Tamar/'The Real' Situation (WATCH)
- Bombshell Report: Bill Cosby Admitted to Sex with Teens!
- Floyd Mayweather Hired Drake, Future For Daughter’s Sweet Sixteen
- Donald Trump Lists Oakland as 'Most Dangerous City in the World'
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here