One of her Twitter followers, AWALK @awalkdatalk, found that out Sunday evening after tweeting this:
@Oprah when are u going 2 give back 2 the ghettos in america?
Like EURweb on Facebook
As we all know, Lady O is known for using part of her considerable fortune for causes she appreciates. One such is a school for girls she built and funds in South Africa. And of course she’s constantly criticized for not doing enough for black folks here in the states. We presume that’s what motivated the attack tweet above
Well, Madame Winfrey was either pissed at Steadman or just not in the mood for any foolishness ’cause she immediately came back with this retort:
@awalkdatalk when are u? I’ve put 500 African American men thru college . And u sir?
As the Huffington Post pointed out, it wasn’t clear immediately as to which of her charitable activities in education Oprah was referring to, but she has donated a million dollars to several charter school networks across the country. She is also the largest individual donor to Morehouse College, the all-male institution that has long been of the nation’s premier historically black colleges. The college said that she has donated more than $12 million since 1989.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Idris Elba, Freida Pinto Set for John Ridley’s Showtime Miniseries ‘Guerrilla’
- Serena Williams Advances to Second Round at Wimbledon
- Hot Rumor: The Entire ‘L&HH: Atlanta’ Cast Has Been Fired!
- WATCH Queen Latifah's Hilarious 'Ice Age' Freestyle (EUR Exclusive)
- Rihanna Posts Crotch Video of Her Performance in Glasgow (Watch)
- Chris Brown’s Long Suffering Publicist Quits After He Curses Her Out
- Man 'Pulls Penis Out' to Scan on Self-Service Tray (Yes, He's in Jail)
- Pres. Obama Tries to Name Everyone Who Died on ‘Game of Thrones' - For a Good Cause (Watch)
- Sheila E on Her Prince Tribute for BET and its Emotional Toll
- BET’s Debra Lee on Jesse Williams, D’Angelo’s Absence, Electrocution Concerns for Beyonce, More
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here