*On Tuesday, Oprah Winfrey at last sold her eight-room, 4,607-square-foot Streeterville co-op unit in Chicago for $2.75 million, closing the chapter on an unusual real estate odyssey, notes the Chicago Tribune.
Winfrey never actually occupied the three-bedroom unit, which is in the building at 199 E. Lake Shore Drive. She paid $5.6 million in 2006 for the sixth-floor space but had a change of heart after buying it, and she decided to remain in her massive duplex condominium in a different building a few blocks away.
The TV titan listed the unit from June 2008 until January 2009 for $6 million with no takers. She then placed it up for rent late last year for $15,000 a month.
Winfrey, who now spends much of her time in Southern California and Hawaii, re-listed the unit in May for $2.8 million, and it almost immediately went under contract. Her duplex condo in Streeterville remains off the market.
The buyer of the co-op unit has not yet been identified. The unit is one of 13 apartments in a Beaux Arts-style building that was built in 1913 and designed by architect Benjamin Marshall. It has three full baths, two half-baths, 10-foot ceilings, two fireplaces, an inner foyer, a library, a solarium, a formal dining room, a butler’s pantry, a wine room, a custom eat-in kitchen, a 1,241-square-foot master bedroom with his and hers bathrooms and an en suite guest bedroom.
Winfrey owns several other pieces of residential real estate in the Chicago area, including a house in Elmwood Park that she purchased in 2001 for $298,000 and a house in Merrillville, Ind. Her primary residence is her estate in Montecito, Calif., which she purchased in 2001 for a reported $50 million.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- THE (02-09-16) EURweb Free-4-All Page
- Ray J Issues Goes Legal on Ex-Business Partner Over Past Kim K Drama
- Beyoncé's Rep Responds to 'B.E.A.T.' Filmmakers 'Credit' Controversy
- What Should Society Do With An 11-Year-Old Murderer?
- Is This the REAL Reason Cam Walked Out of Press Conference? (WATCH)
- Misty Copeland's ‘Ballerina’s Tale’ Also Highlights the #BalletSoWhite Issue
- Ava DuVernay Being Courted to Direct Two Feature Films
- Taraji P. Henson Blames Coldplay/Maroon 5 Mixup on Her Friends (Watch)
- Gil Robertson: The 'African American Film Critics Association Awards' Interview with Kam Williams
- Flavor Flav Pleads No Contest in Vegas DUI Case
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here