*(Via NBC Washington) – Sometimes you need to dig deep into polling data to find curious insights on public opinion. Other times, the results stare you right in the face.
Take one look at the recent Washington Post poll of District residents and you will see Marion Barry staring you in the face.
Barry is rated higher than any elected City Hall official in D.C.
That bears repeating. Barry is number one.
Fifty-two percent of District residents have a favorable opinion of him.
Like EURweb on Facebook
None of the city officials named in the Post poll comes close to Barry. (Oddly, The Post failed to report this revelation in its coverage of the poll.)
Barry rates 17 points higher than Ward 2 Council member Jack Evans who, at 35 percent, is second in popularity to the Mayor-for-Life.
What does Barry’s supremacy say about the state of the District?
Eighty-one percent of blacks view him favorably. Meanwhile, a scant 7 percent of whites have a favorable opinion of him.
In other words, Barry is a polarizing figure. But a poll wasn’t needed to to find that out.
Read/learn more at NBC Washington.
- 'The Martian': 'Love Letter to Science' -- Matt Damon
- The Film Strip: New York Comic Con Tickets Going Fast
- 'Django Unchained' Actress Daniele Watts & Boyfriend Sentenced
- Shocking! How BGF Members Made $20K a Month in Jail
- Piano Man: Tyler Perry Buys Nat King Cole's Steinway for $150k
- Trump Dismisses Ramos, 2 Reporters Murdered in Virginia, Serena Williams New Boo | BHL's This Week
- Kimye Win Over $400K Settlement Against YouTube Co-Founder
- VH1 Orders Stevie J, Joseline Spin-Off; Season 2 of K. Michelle Confirmed
- Emayatzy Corinealdi Talks Role in New Amazon Series ‘Hand of God’
- Amended Lawsuit Mentions ‘White Girl’ Present When Bobbi Kristina Was Found Unconscious
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here