*(Via NBC Washington) – Sometimes you need to dig deep into polling data to find curious insights on public opinion. Other times, the results stare you right in the face.
Take one look at the recent Washington Post poll of District residents and you will see Marion Barry staring you in the face.
Barry is rated higher than any elected City Hall official in D.C.
That bears repeating. Barry is number one.
Fifty-two percent of District residents have a favorable opinion of him.
Like EURweb on Facebook
None of the city officials named in the Post poll comes close to Barry. (Oddly, The Post failed to report this revelation in its coverage of the poll.)
Barry rates 17 points higher than Ward 2 Council member Jack Evans who, at 35 percent, is second in popularity to the Mayor-for-Life.
What does Barry’s supremacy say about the state of the District?
Eighty-one percent of blacks view him favorably. Meanwhile, a scant 7 percent of whites have a favorable opinion of him.
In other words, Barry is a polarizing figure. But a poll wasn’t needed to to find that out.
Read/learn more at NBC Washington.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- HUD to Sue Landlords if They Deny Housing Over Criminal Records
- Wendy Williams, Steve Harvey, 'The Real' Score Emmy Nominations
- Fetty Wap Sends 'Wake Up' Message to Graduates
- John Wayne's Racist Comments Kill Official Recognition in California Assembly
- Dr. Phil Talks Prince, Nick Gordon & Prescription Drug Epidemic (WATCH)
- THE (04-29-16) EURweb Free-4-All Page
- Beyoncé Partners with Amex & Uber for 'Formation' Fan Experience
- Prince Family Money Fight! Sister Tyka Storms Out of Meeting
- Six Year Old Starved by Parents Forced to Eat Hot Dog Smoothies (Video)
- Master P's Ex Has 'Stripper' Goals - Meet Ayesha Curry's Alter Ego
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here