*NBC is branching out and reaching to touch more with multi ethnic stories.
Next on the network’s line up of black programming is “Guys with Kids,” starring Tempestt Bledsoe and Anthony Anderson.
The co-stars told the Associated Press that they are going to be representing positive images of black families.
“We just don’t have that right now, not on network television,” said Anderson, who has two children of his own. “Like the Cosby Show, this will be an opportunity to see the love, support, humor and beauty of a black family on TV.”
Produced by Jimmy Fallon, the show is about three dads trying to hold onto their youth as they experience their 30s.
Like EURweb on Facebook
One of the characters is a single dad, another is a working father and Anderson’s character is a stay-at-home dad raising four young sons, including a set of twins under 2 years old. After losing his job, he was sort of forced into the position.
Anderson’s character is like many family men in the nation now who are jobless who are faced with similar challenges such as staying home and taking care of the kids.
“A lot of them get funny looks because it’s not what people are used to seeing, and this show reflects this new dynamic in the American family,” Anderson said.
- BET Awards Fashion on Fleek (Watch)
- ‘Star Trek's’ George Takei: Clarence Thomas is ‘A Clown in Blackface’ (WATCH)
- Shocking Radiation Experiments on Black Children Left Holes in Head (Watch)
- Lupita Nyong’o Joins the Fight Against Elephant Poaching
- Tiger Woods in Denial Mode About Affair with Fellow Golfer’s Ex-Wife
- Jesse Jackson Blasts Twitter for Lack of Black and Minority Employees
- TMZ Claims Someone is Shopping Bobbi Kristina's Death Bed Photo
- Dwyane Wade Resigns with the Miami Heat.
- Red, White, and Bruised: Decades of Mistreatment Spark Anti-Patriotic Outrage Among Black Americans
- Charlene Crowell: SCOTUS Ruling Preserves Key Fair Housing Tool
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here