*NBC is branching out and reaching to touch more with multi ethnic stories.
Next on the network’s line up of black programming is “Guys with Kids,” starring Tempestt Bledsoe and Anthony Anderson.
The co-stars told the Associated Press that they are going to be representing positive images of black families.
“We just don’t have that right now, not on network television,” said Anderson, who has two children of his own. “Like the Cosby Show, this will be an opportunity to see the love, support, humor and beauty of a black family on TV.”
Produced by Jimmy Fallon, the show is about three dads trying to hold onto their youth as they experience their 30s.
Like EURweb on Facebook
One of the characters is a single dad, another is a working father and Anderson’s character is a stay-at-home dad raising four young sons, including a set of twins under 2 years old. After losing his job, he was sort of forced into the position.
Anderson’s character is like many family men in the nation now who are jobless who are faced with similar challenges such as staying home and taking care of the kids.
“A lot of them get funny looks because it’s not what people are used to seeing, and this show reflects this new dynamic in the American family,” Anderson said.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Baltimore Mayor Compares Cop/Community Relations to Bad Marriage
- Malcolm Jamal Warner: ‘Cosby Show’ Legacy ‘Tarnished’ by Bill Cosby (Watch)
- Raven Symone Says She Wouldn't Hire Someone With Ethnic Sounding Name; #BlackTwitter Pounces
- What Happened to US Government Employee Kanika Powell?
- Danny Glover Joins Gabrielle Union's ‘A Meyer’s Christmas’; Ernie Hudson Added to ‘Graves’
- Detroit Woman’s ‘Dead Body on Lawn’ Halloween Prank Draws 911 Calls
- New Radio Station: ItzYourzRadioLive.com Now Broadcasting
- You Could Break the Bank Going to 'The Happiest Place On Earth!'
- Walter Scott’s Family Gets $6.5M in Settlement With N. Charleston (Watch)
- ‘Star Wars’ Actor John Boyega to Racist Fans: ‘I’m In the Movie, What Are You Gonna Do About It?’
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here