*NBC is branching out and reaching to touch more with multi ethnic stories.
Next on the network’s line up of black programming is “Guys with Kids,” starring Tempestt Bledsoe and Anthony Anderson.
The co-stars told the Associated Press that they are going to be representing positive images of black families.
“We just don’t have that right now, not on network television,” said Anderson, who has two children of his own. “Like the Cosby Show, this will be an opportunity to see the love, support, humor and beauty of a black family on TV.”
Produced by Jimmy Fallon, the show is about three dads trying to hold onto their youth as they experience their 30s.
Like EURweb on Facebook
One of the characters is a single dad, another is a working father and Anderson’s character is a stay-at-home dad raising four young sons, including a set of twins under 2 years old. After losing his job, he was sort of forced into the position.
Anderson’s character is like many family men in the nation now who are jobless who are faced with similar challenges such as staying home and taking care of the kids.
“A lot of them get funny looks because it’s not what people are used to seeing, and this show reflects this new dynamic in the American family,” Anderson said.
- Who T-Pain, Vic Mensa & A$AP Rocky Wanna Collab With (WATCH)
- Lorraine Toussaint Talks Playing Morris Chestnut’s Mama on ‘Rosewood’
- O.J. Simpson Fuming: Women Have Stopped Sending Him Commissary Money
- Gospel Sensation Naomi B Releases New Single, ‘Break Free’ (LISTEN)
- White Police Chief Gets Home Detention for Killing Unarmed Black Man
- Casting Complete for Brandy’s New BET Series ‘Zoe Ever After’
- Rosie O’Donnell Checks Elisabeth Hasselbeck for Calling #BlackLivesMatter a Hate Group
- Perspective on Harris Co. Deputy's Death by Project 21 Member Who Served with Him
- RHOA Fight: Cynthia Bailey Kicked Porsha Williams in the Stomach (Report)
- James Bond Author Now ‘Sorry’ for Calling Idris Elba ‘Too Street’
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here