*Queen Latifah says she’s moving forward with plans to adopt a child – telling “The View” this morning that she’s “working on” becoming a mother.
The rapper-turned-actress, real name Dana Owens, has previously spoken of her desire to enter parenthood, claiming she first became interested in adoption as a teenager.
When asked by co-host Barbara Walters if she was serious about adoption, she replied, “I’m actually kind of working on that.”
Latifah admitted she had been inspired to act after watching a moving TV movie, adding, “I think I saw one of those specials… you know those movies of the week. And it was like… I just always wanted to bring a child home.”
When Barbara asked, “So are you really seriously planning on adopting?” Latifah responds, “I’m totally serious, so if you got a kid that you don’t… Just give me a year — let me set up camp and send me the kid. But no, no totally.”
The 42-year-old, who has always refused to comment on speculation about her sexuality, was recently forced to dismiss claims she had come out as a lesbian after performing at a gay pride event in California in May.
She said, “That definitely wasn’t the case. I’ve never dealt with the question of my personal life in public. It’s just not gonna happen.”
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Ray J Issues Goes Legal on Ex-Business Partner Over Past Kim K Drama
- Beyoncé's Rep Responds to 'B.E.A.T.' Filmmakers 'Credit' Controversy
- What Should Society Do With An 11-Year-Old Murderer?
- Is This the REAL Reason Cam Walked Out of Press Conference? (WATCH)
- Misty Copeland's ‘Ballerina’s Tale’ Also Highlights the #BalletSoWhite Issue
- Ava DuVernay Being Courted to Direct Two Feature Films
- Taraji P. Henson Blames Coldplay/Maroon 5 Mixup on Her Friends (Watch)
- Gil Robertson: The 'African American Film Critics Association Awards' Interview with Kam Williams
- Flavor Flav Pleads No Contest in Vegas DUI Case
- ‘Black-ish’ To Address Police Brutality in Feb. 24 Episode
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here