*Queen Latifah says she’s moving forward with plans to adopt a child – telling “The View” this morning that she’s “working on” becoming a mother.
The rapper-turned-actress, real name Dana Owens, has previously spoken of her desire to enter parenthood, claiming she first became interested in adoption as a teenager.
When asked by co-host Barbara Walters if she was serious about adoption, she replied, “I’m actually kind of working on that.”
Latifah admitted she had been inspired to act after watching a moving TV movie, adding, “I think I saw one of those specials… you know those movies of the week. And it was like… I just always wanted to bring a child home.”
When Barbara asked, “So are you really seriously planning on adopting?” Latifah responds, “I’m totally serious, so if you got a kid that you don’t… Just give me a year — let me set up camp and send me the kid. But no, no totally.”
The 42-year-old, who has always refused to comment on speculation about her sexuality, was recently forced to dismiss claims she had come out as a lesbian after performing at a gay pride event in California in May.
She said, “That definitely wasn’t the case. I’ve never dealt with the question of my personal life in public. It’s just not gonna happen.”
- Brown Family Banned from Bobbi Kristina’s Hospice (Report)
- Bobby Brown Vows 'Justice' Over Bobbi Kristina’s Leaked Hospice Pic (Watch)
- Serena Beats Sister Venus, Advances to Wimbledon Quarterfinals
- Misty Copeland to Make Broadway Debut in ‘On the Town’
- WATCH: Bruno Mars and the Obamas Jam to 'Uptown Funk' on July 4th at the White House
- Amari Brown, 7, Shot and Killed While Watching 4th of July Fireworks!
- DeVon Franklin Answers Critics of Wife Megan Good’s Sexy Clothes
- 'Empire' Star Jussie Smollett Honored by Black AIDS Institute (WATCH)
- Donny Osmond on Singing with Janet Jackson and Stevie Wonder
- Malia Obama Joins HBO's ‘Girls’ with Summer Internship
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here