*Queen Latifah says she’s moving forward with plans to adopt a child – telling “The View” this morning that she’s “working on” becoming a mother.
The rapper-turned-actress, real name Dana Owens, has previously spoken of her desire to enter parenthood, claiming she first became interested in adoption as a teenager.
When asked by co-host Barbara Walters if she was serious about adoption, she replied, “I’m actually kind of working on that.”
Latifah admitted she had been inspired to act after watching a moving TV movie, adding, “I think I saw one of those specials… you know those movies of the week. And it was like… I just always wanted to bring a child home.”
When Barbara asked, “So are you really seriously planning on adopting?” Latifah responds, “I’m totally serious, so if you got a kid that you don’t… Just give me a year — let me set up camp and send me the kid. But no, no totally.”
The 42-year-old, who has always refused to comment on speculation about her sexuality, was recently forced to dismiss claims she had come out as a lesbian after performing at a gay pride event in California in May.
She said, “That definitely wasn’t the case. I’ve never dealt with the question of my personal life in public. It’s just not gonna happen.”
- DC’s NFL Team: RG3 Demoted; DeSean Jackson Pisses Off Women
- Hulk Hogan Says He Was Suicidal Over N-Word Scandal: ‘I'm Not A Racist’ (Watch)
- Producers of Katrina Relief Telethon Reflect on 'Kanye Moment' for 10th Anniversary
- Allergic to Clothes: Indian Farmer Has Been Naked for 40 Years!
- Pres. Obama to Appear on NBC’s ‘Running Wild With Bear Grylls’…For Real
- John Legend Taking His Talents to ‘The SpongeBob Musical’
- ‘Back to This B**ch’: Why Nicki Minaj Checked Miley Cyrus on Live TV
- Black Twitter Drags Rebel Wilson Over VMA ‘Stripper Police’ Bit
- Nile Rodgers Gets BMI Icon Award - EUR was on the Scene (WATCH)
- New Comic 'Raising Dion': Single, Black Mother with Superhuman Son
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here