*Nestled among the 5,000 plus hopefuls who auditioned for “The X Factor” in Greensboro, North Carolina on Tuesday was a young man with a very famous grandpa.
An on-set source told The Hollywood Reporter, “This guy came on and told the judges a story about how his grandmother was in the movies and after they’d been talking for a few minutes, they finally realized that Ray Charles was his grandfather.”
While it’s still unclear who the auditioner’s mother was — at the time of his death in 2004, Charles had 12 children (several of them were sued recently by the soul great’s estate) born of five to nine different women (reports vary on the exact number) and 21 grandkids — it seems Simon Cowell, L.A. Reid, Britney Spears and Demi Lovato were nonetheless impressed, at least by the connection. “The judges were massively surprised,” says an insider.
And he’s not the only celebrity descendant to try out for “X Factor” this year. At the San Francisco auditions in June was Gene Simmons’ daughter Sophie. Find out if they have any talent when season two kicks off Sept. 13 on Fox.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Cam Newton Posts Heartfelt Message to his Supporters
- Boot Campaign Honors Lieutenant Colonel Dr. Marie Walters
- Black History Month at ESPN: 'SportsCenter' at Hampton for Historic Lacrosse Match; ‘Rise Up’; ‘Spike Lee’s Lil Joints’; NBA's John Wall & Miyah
- ICYMI: POTUS on ‘Ellen’; Ruben & Fantasia on ‘American Idol’ (Watch)
- Review: American Masters: B.B. King: The Life Of Riley (Fri, Feb. 12, PBS)
- Hannibal Buress Joins Cast of 'Baywatch' Movie
- ‘Lethal Weapon’ TV Reboot Taps Damon Wayans for Danny Glover Role
- New, Longer Trailer for HBO’s ‘Confirmation’ (Watch)
- Dr. Dre Starring in Apple’s First Scripted Television Series
- Cosby Rape Claims Prompt Colorado Bill to Extend Statute of Limitations
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here