*Nestled among the 5,000 plus hopefuls who auditioned for “The X Factor” in Greensboro, North Carolina on Tuesday was a young man with a very famous grandpa.
An on-set source told The Hollywood Reporter, “This guy came on and told the judges a story about how his grandmother was in the movies and after they’d been talking for a few minutes, they finally realized that Ray Charles was his grandfather.”
While it’s still unclear who the auditioner’s mother was — at the time of his death in 2004, Charles had 12 children (several of them were sued recently by the soul great’s estate) born of five to nine different women (reports vary on the exact number) and 21 grandkids — it seems Simon Cowell, L.A. Reid, Britney Spears and Demi Lovato were nonetheless impressed, at least by the connection. “The judges were massively surprised,” says an insider.
And he’s not the only celebrity descendant to try out for “X Factor” this year. At the San Francisco auditions in June was Gene Simmons’ daughter Sophie. Find out if they have any talent when season two kicks off Sept. 13 on Fox.
- Black Comedienne to Compete on New Season of 'Last Comic Standing' (WATCH)
- Brittney Griner Rebounds with Beauty Named Lola
- Jill Scott On Bill Cosby, 'Being a Beloved Black Man Is Dangerous
- Ja Rule Ready to Show Different Side in MTV Family Docuseries 'Follow the Rules'
- REPORT: Congressman Chaka Fattah (Dem/PA) Indicted in Racketeering Case
- Ohio Cop Ray Tensing Indicted for Murder of Samuel DuBose (Video of Shooting)
- Nick Gordon Eyed for Prosecution; Spotted Wearing Bobbi Kristina’s Ring
- Bobbi Kristina’s Funeral to be Private
- Whoopi Defends Elisabeth Hasselbeck Against Racism Claims: 'She Never Asked Me to Pick Cotton' (Watch)
- Jaden Smith Drops Video for New Track ‘Scarface’ (Watch)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here