*Nestled among the 5,000 plus hopefuls who auditioned for “The X Factor” in Greensboro, North Carolina on Tuesday was a young man with a very famous grandpa.
An on-set source told The Hollywood Reporter, “This guy came on and told the judges a story about how his grandmother was in the movies and after they’d been talking for a few minutes, they finally realized that Ray Charles was his grandfather.”
While it’s still unclear who the auditioner’s mother was — at the time of his death in 2004, Charles had 12 children (several of them were sued recently by the soul great’s estate) born of five to nine different women (reports vary on the exact number) and 21 grandkids — it seems Simon Cowell, L.A. Reid, Britney Spears and Demi Lovato were nonetheless impressed, at least by the connection. “The judges were massively surprised,” says an insider.
And he’s not the only celebrity descendant to try out for “X Factor” this year. At the San Francisco auditions in June was Gene Simmons’ daughter Sophie. Find out if they have any talent when season two kicks off Sept. 13 on Fox.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Thousands in D.C. for 20th Anniversary of Million Man March
- Study Reveals White People Think Black People Are 'Superhuman'
- The Braxtons Announce Christmas Album
- Stevie Wonder to Pay Royalties to Dead Attorney's Widow Forever?!
- Sheree Whitfield Lands Reality Series About ATL Real Estate
- Quvenzhane Wallis' Book Deal, J-Hud Says Son 'Saved My Life'
- Patti LaBelle, Quentin Tarantino + More on 'The Big Interview'
- 18,500 Parents, Students, and Educators Rally to Demand End to 'Tale of Two School Systems' in New York City [PHOTOS]
- The Pulse of Entertainment: Universal Pictures’ Steve Jobs is a Brilliant Look into a Genius' Mind
- Raven Symone Hates Ethnic Names, Nicki Minaj Beef, Kardashian's Named 1st Family | BHL's This Week
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here