*Nestled among the 5,000 plus hopefuls who auditioned for “The X Factor” in Greensboro, North Carolina on Tuesday was a young man with a very famous grandpa.
An on-set source told The Hollywood Reporter, “This guy came on and told the judges a story about how his grandmother was in the movies and after they’d been talking for a few minutes, they finally realized that Ray Charles was his grandfather.”
While it’s still unclear who the auditioner’s mother was — at the time of his death in 2004, Charles had 12 children (several of them were sued recently by the soul great’s estate) born of five to nine different women (reports vary on the exact number) and 21 grandkids — it seems Simon Cowell, L.A. Reid, Britney Spears and Demi Lovato were nonetheless impressed, at least by the connection. “The judges were massively surprised,” says an insider.
And he’s not the only celebrity descendant to try out for “X Factor” this year. At the San Francisco auditions in June was Gene Simmons’ daughter Sophie. Find out if they have any talent when season two kicks off Sept. 13 on Fox.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Khloe Kardashian Not Spending Thanksgiving With Lamar Odom
- Gonna Fly Now: ‘Creed’ Sets Pre-Thanksgiving Record with $1.4M Box Office
- Black Student Criticizes WWU For Ignoring Racist Threats Against Her
- EUR on Set with 'Rosewood's' Morris Chestnut & Taye Diggs WATCH)
- Greg Hardy Cancels Thanksgiving Nightclub Gig Over ‘Public Image’?
- South African Girl in Chris Rock’s Family Here On ‘Visitor Visa’
- Woman Nearly Burned House Down Trying Something She Saw on Facebook
- Rapper Lil Boosie Says He Has Kidney Cancer
- Kim Zolciak Emotional in ‘DWTS’ Return Following Stroke
- Gap Band Family Feud! Ronnie Wilson Sues Charlie Wilson
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here