Many black women go ahead and try so many different hairstyles, but according to a hair expert on our partner site, Essence.com, these experiments can cause premature hair loss.
A recent study found that premature hair loss is due to weaves and braiding that is done improperly.
Check out some of the other reasons below why many black women’s hair is falling out:
You’re Styling Your Hair Against Your Growth Pattern
“When women cornrow the hair into a circular pattern in preparation for sewn-in extensions, this will redirect the hair in a way that it typically doesn’t grow. It’s also pulled very tightly with the tension directed towards the center of the scalp,” says Dr. Williams. These conditions can cause shock to the scalp and severely limit or stunt your hair growth.
Read more at Essence
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Monica Forgives Shannon, Philly Pushers Approve of Steph Curry
- John McCain’s Son Rips Old Navy’s Racist Trolls With Wife Pics
- Jada Pinkett Smith Shares Personal Memories of Tupac’s Mom, Afeni Shakur
- Dwyane Wade Emotional After Learning He Was Prince’s Favorite Player
- A Legendary Night in Los Angeles with the Ojays' Eddie Levert
- Prince’s Half-Brother Alfred Says Sibling Trying to Get Him Declared Mentally Incompetent
- Family of Autistic Teen Mocked by 50 Cent Wants $1 Million (Watch)
- Lupita Nyong’o, Danielle Brooks, Cynthia Erivo Lock Down Tony Nominations
- Amber Rose to Host Weekly VH1 Talk Show Produced by Dr. Phil
- Tupac Shakur's Mother Afeni Shakur-Davis Dies at 69
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here