Many black women go ahead and try so many different hairstyles, but according to a hair expert on our partner site, Essence.com, these experiments can cause premature hair loss.
A recent study found that premature hair loss is due to weaves and braiding that is done improperly.
Check out some of the other reasons below why many black women’s hair is falling out:
You’re Styling Your Hair Against Your Growth Pattern
“When women cornrow the hair into a circular pattern in preparation for sewn-in extensions, this will redirect the hair in a way that it typically doesn’t grow. It’s also pulled very tightly with the tension directed towards the center of the scalp,” says Dr. Williams. These conditions can cause shock to the scalp and severely limit or stunt your hair growth.
Read more at Essence
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- First Listen: Half Mile Home's 'Thinking of Me'
- Big Boi Meme Comparing Mothers of Today & 70s Causes Black Twitter Outrage
- Eve Says She Had to 'Import' to Find Love
- Laverne Cox Responds to Her ‘Rocky Horror’ Reboot Critics
- Seniors Get In Formation for 'Lemonade,' Pittsburgh Police Resist
- Black Lives Matter Echoes the Evolution of Black Panther Party
- BLM Activist Charles Wade Charged With Pimping 17-Year-Old Girl
- THE (05-30-16) EURweb Free-4-All Page
- Blac Chyna and Rob K Stand to Make $1 Million for Bay Pics
- Beyoncé Earns Big for Tidal, Superjam 2016 Lineup Announced
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here