Many black women go ahead and try so many different hairstyles, but according to a hair expert on our partner site, Essence.com, these experiments can cause premature hair loss.
A recent study found that premature hair loss is due to weaves and braiding that is done improperly.
Check out some of the other reasons below why many black women’s hair is falling out:
You’re Styling Your Hair Against Your Growth Pattern
“When women cornrow the hair into a circular pattern in preparation for sewn-in extensions, this will redirect the hair in a way that it typically doesn’t grow. It’s also pulled very tightly with the tension directed towards the center of the scalp,” says Dr. Williams. These conditions can cause shock to the scalp and severely limit or stunt your hair growth.
Read more at Essence
- Piano Man: Tyler Perry Buys Nat King Cole's Steinway for $150k
- Kimye Win Over $400K Settlement Against YouTube Co-Founder
- VH1 Orders Stevie J, Joseline Spin-Off; Season 2 of K. Michelle Confirmed
- Emayatzy Corinealdi Talks Role in New Amazon Series ‘Hand of God’
- Amended Lawsuit Mentions ‘White Girl’ Present When Bobbi Kristina Was Found Unconscious
- Tom Joyner: Hurricane Katrina, A Personal Memoir
- Trump Called Miley Cyrus to Say He ‘Loved’ Her Twerk-Filled VMA Performance
- Al Sharpton Trying to Put Positive Spin on MSNBC Timeslot Demotion
- Misty Copeland Dishes on Broadway Debut After Just Six Rehearsals (Video)
- TN Councilman Threatens to Kill ‘Black N****r’ in 911 Call; Swears He’s Not Racist (Listen)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here