*Sources at Comic-con tell Deadline.com that filmmaker Reginald Hudlin and rapper-turned-filmmaker RZA last night finalized an arrangement to work together on a series of comic-related projects.
The plan, according to the website, is for the duo to direct and produce the material and possibly create their own company. At least one of those projects could be in the superhero genre, Deadline is told, based on Hudlin’s comic book past.
The former BET President and “House Party” director wrote “The Black Panther” series for Marvel from 2005 to 2008. “The Black Panther,” a modern day African chief and past Avengers member in the Marvel universe, has been rumored repeatedly as a possible upcoming feature as Marvel expands its successful onscreen properties.
As previously reported, tapper RZA’s feature directorial debut “The Man With The Iron Fists” was given a Nov. 2 release date by Universal Pictures. The martial arts film, shot in China, was produced by Quentin Tarantino from a script by Eli Roth and RZA.
- Problem? Teen Vogue Uses Fair Models for African Braids Feature
- Bobby Seale, Black Panther Professor, Gives History Lesson to D'Angelo (Watch)
- Nick Gordon's Defense in Bobbi Kristina Case: Drugs Responsible
- Man Breaks Down After Recognizing Judge As Former Classmate (WATCH)
- Patty Farmer's 'Playboy Swings' Releases in September
- Thriller: Sanaa, Ealy & Chestnut in Trailer for 'The Perfect Guy' (WATCH)
- Tyra Banks Rants About Industry Pressure on New Models
- Uzo Aduba Stuns 'The View' Cast with Her Operatic Voice (WATCH)
- Antonio Fargas Gives Props to Rihanna for 'BBHMM'
- Announcing the Luther Vandross Estate's 'Power of Love Experience'
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here