*Sources at Comic-con tell Deadline.com that filmmaker Reginald Hudlin and rapper-turned-filmmaker RZA last night finalized an arrangement to work together on a series of comic-related projects.
The plan, according to the website, is for the duo to direct and produce the material and possibly create their own company. At least one of those projects could be in the superhero genre, Deadline is told, based on Hudlin’s comic book past.
The former BET President and “House Party” director wrote “The Black Panther” series for Marvel from 2005 to 2008. “The Black Panther,” a modern day African chief and past Avengers member in the Marvel universe, has been rumored repeatedly as a possible upcoming feature as Marvel expands its successful onscreen properties.
As previously reported, tapper RZA’s feature directorial debut “The Man With The Iron Fists” was given a Nov. 2 release date by Universal Pictures. The martial arts film, shot in China, was produced by Quentin Tarantino from a script by Eli Roth and RZA.
- The Pulse of Entertainment: Dorien Wilson is ‘In The Cut’ on Bounce TV with Jackee’ Harry
- Celebs U Wish U Could Party with on Labor Day Weekend (PHOTOS)
- Gilbert Arenas' Assistant Convicted For Robbing Him of $2.1 Million
- Bobbi Kristina’s Family Upset Over Nick Gordon Visiting Gravesite: Report
- '1st Annual MADCatfish Blues Festival' Jumps Off Labor Day Weekend, at Santa Anita Park in Arcadia, CA.
- White Woman Throws Shoes at Talib Kweli for Talking #BlackLivesMatter
- ESPN’s Israel Gutierrez Comes Out Publicly: 'I'm Gay'
- Kareem Abdul Jabbar: Donald Trump's Campaign Will Ultimately Fail (Watch)
- Eazy E’s Daughter Says Suge Knight Did NOT Kill her Dad
- TNT Exclusive: Jazmin Truesdale Gives Black Comic Fans Heroes That Resemble Themselves (Watch)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here