*Sources at Comic-con tell Deadline.com that filmmaker Reginald Hudlin and rapper-turned-filmmaker RZA last night finalized an arrangement to work together on a series of comic-related projects.
The plan, according to the website, is for the duo to direct and produce the material and possibly create their own company. At least one of those projects could be in the superhero genre, Deadline is told, based on Hudlin’s comic book past.
The former BET President and “House Party” director wrote “The Black Panther” series for Marvel from 2005 to 2008. “The Black Panther,” a modern day African chief and past Avengers member in the Marvel universe, has been rumored repeatedly as a possible upcoming feature as Marvel expands its successful onscreen properties.
As previously reported, tapper RZA’s feature directorial debut “The Man With The Iron Fists” was given a Nov. 2 release date by Universal Pictures. The martial arts film, shot in China, was produced by Quentin Tarantino from a script by Eli Roth and RZA.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- THE (11-26-15) EURweb Free-4-All Page
- (Listen) ‘The Meaning of Life, Explained By 3rd Graders’ is Brilliant and On Point!
- Nivea Dishes about Her Feelings on Lil Wayne, Christina Milian (Watch)
- Akon and His Mother Owes $36K for Pimped Out Mansion
- Khloe Kardashian Not Spending Thanksgiving With Lamar Odom
- Gonna Fly Now: ‘Creed’ Sets Pre-Thanksgiving Record with $1.4M Box Office
- Black Student Criticizes WWU For Ignoring Racist Threats Against Her
- EUR on Set with 'Rosewood's' Morris Chestnut & Taye Diggs WATCH)
- Greg Hardy Cancels Thanksgiving Nightclub Gig Over ‘Public Image’?
- South African Girl in Chris Rock’s Family Here On ‘Visitor Visa’
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here