*Sources at Comic-con tell Deadline.com that filmmaker Reginald Hudlin and rapper-turned-filmmaker RZA last night finalized an arrangement to work together on a series of comic-related projects.
The plan, according to the website, is for the duo to direct and produce the material and possibly create their own company. At least one of those projects could be in the superhero genre, Deadline is told, based on Hudlin’s comic book past.
The former BET President and “House Party” director wrote “The Black Panther” series for Marvel from 2005 to 2008. “The Black Panther,” a modern day African chief and past Avengers member in the Marvel universe, has been rumored repeatedly as a possible upcoming feature as Marvel expands its successful onscreen properties.
As previously reported, tapper RZA’s feature directorial debut “The Man With The Iron Fists” was given a Nov. 2 release date by Universal Pictures. The martial arts film, shot in China, was produced by Quentin Tarantino from a script by Eli Roth and RZA.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Thanks to Stephen Curry, NBA To See Record Playoff Viewers
- Moya Angela: Dreamgirls' 'Effie' Speaks Exclusively to EURweb
- Aretha Franklin Covers 'Purple Rain' at International Jazz Day (WATCH)
- New Woman Claims She’s Prince’s Long-Lost Half Sister; Seeks Piece of Estate
- Donald Trump Mocks Carly Fiorina’s Stage Fall: ‘Anybody See That? She Went Down’
- Malia Obama Takes One-Year Deferment Prior to Harvard Start
- Prince Talks Michael Jackson's Death, Chris Brown in Never-Published 2014 Rolling Stone Interview
- Dixie Chicks Cover Beyonce’s ‘Daddy Lessons’ Despite Song's Nashville Backlash (Watch)
- Prince’s Siblings Attend Packed Hearing; Judge Appoints Special Administrator
- Keke Wyatt's Emotional Cover of Prince’s ‘Diamonds and Pearls’ (Watch)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here