*(Via Yahoo News) – Illinois Congressman Jesse Jackson Jr., whose whereabouts haven’t been disclosed since he quietly took a medical leave from Congress several weeks ago, is being treated for depression at the Mayo Clinic in Minnesota, according to a statement released by the hospital.
Jackson is undergoing an extensive inpatient evaluation for depression and for gastrointestinal issues, the hospital said, providing the first details about his medical condition. But the statement released late Friday didn’t disclose where the longtime Chicago congressman, the son of civil rights leader Jesse Jackson, had previously been staying.
“Further information will be released as Congressman Jackson’s evaluation proceeds,” the statement said, adding that he and his family were “grateful for the outpouring of support and prayers that have been received throughout his care.”
Phone messages left by The Associated Press for his spokesman weren’t returned Friday. In 2004, Jackson underwent a procedure to help him lose weight that involves removing part of the stomach and rearranging the intestine.
The Democrat went on leave June 10, though his office didn’t disclose it until weeks later and has been mum on details ever since. Initially, his office said Jackson was being treated for exhaustion. But his staff later said Jackson’s condition was more serious and required inpatient medical treatment. They also said Jackson has been grappling with emotional issues.
Read/learn more at Yahoo News.
- Watch FSU QB De’Andre Johnson PUNCH Woman in Face; Gets Released
- EUR Speaks with Kem, Lalah Hathaway & Dee-1 At 2015 Essence Festival (WATCH)
- Beyoncé Video Inspires Curvy 68 Story Australian Skyscraper
- Turner's Two Cents: Obama Did Not Call Immigrants Gangbangers
- $2 Million Lawsuit Filed Against Former NBA Player Tyrone Hill
- Chicago’s Tragic, Unending 4th of July Gun Violence Ritual Continues
- The Socialist's Journal: The Peril of Being Hillary Clinton
- Gunshots Damage 3 Luxury Cars At Studio Connected with Rick Ross
- THE (07-07-15) EURweb Free-4-All Page/Board
- The New Trailer for Universal Pictures’ 'Steve Jobs' has Just Debuted Online [Watch]
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here