*The Chicago Sun-Times is reporting of several advantages that came into play during “American Idol’s” negotiations with Mariah Carey, who is reportedly on the verge of signing a contract worth between $12 million and $15 million per year.
The newspaper’s Bill Zwecker reports:
First of all, Carey is very close to her manager Randy Jackson, who, of course, has been the mainstay on the “Idol” judging panel since Day 1. Jackson has been pushing the idea, ever since it was clear that Jennifer Lopez was considering leaving — even more so now that Steven Tyler also has exited the “Idol” scene.
Beyond that, however, Carey is a huge fan of the show and has been what she calls “an ‘Idol’ addict” since Season 1.
“Mariah hardly misses an episode of ‘Idol,’” said a Carey associate Sunday night. “Even when she’s on the road, she makes sure it’s recorded so she can watch it later.”
At this point in her life, the superstar also is looking for what my source quoted her as saying would be “stability” — allowing her to stay home, focus on her babies and husband Nick Cannon. Ironically, Carey’s hubby is the host of the competing show, “America’s Got Talent,” but “since he’s the host, not a judge, that’s not considered a problem,” added the source.
Finally, with Carey’s new album coming out (including her new single, “Triumphant”) – “American Idol” would be a great place to showcase it to some degree, with millions watching Carey performing on the show.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Romeo Miller Responds to Mother Suing Him with Emotional Letter
- Miss Robbie Talks Vegan Soul Food, Family Legacy and Being the Best [EUR Exclusive]
- Why?! Well Known Black Ministers Set to Meet With Donald Trump
- PETA Offers $5K for Info On Puppies Found in Sealed Aquarium in the Woods
- Patti LaBelle Has More for Walmart; Steph Curry Buys a Mansion
- Laquan McDonald Killing Prompts Protesters to Target Black Friday Shopping Areas
- Kim Foxx Vows Reform for Chicago After Laquan McDonald Case
- #BLM Movement Picks Up Support from Benjamin Chavis and NNPA
- Jahlil Okafor: 76ers Rookie in Fight Outside Boston Nightspot (VIDEO)
- Black Fox News Co-Host Asked if She 'Makes Kool-Aid' (WATCH)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here