*The Chicago Sun-Times is reporting of several advantages that came into play during “American Idol’s” negotiations with Mariah Carey, who is reportedly on the verge of signing a contract worth between $12 million and $15 million per year.
The newspaper’s Bill Zwecker reports:
First of all, Carey is very close to her manager Randy Jackson, who, of course, has been the mainstay on the “Idol” judging panel since Day 1. Jackson has been pushing the idea, ever since it was clear that Jennifer Lopez was considering leaving — even more so now that Steven Tyler also has exited the “Idol” scene.
Beyond that, however, Carey is a huge fan of the show and has been what she calls “an ‘Idol’ addict” since Season 1.
“Mariah hardly misses an episode of ‘Idol,’” said a Carey associate Sunday night. “Even when she’s on the road, she makes sure it’s recorded so she can watch it later.”
At this point in her life, the superstar also is looking for what my source quoted her as saying would be “stability” — allowing her to stay home, focus on her babies and husband Nick Cannon. Ironically, Carey’s hubby is the host of the competing show, “America’s Got Talent,” but “since he’s the host, not a judge, that’s not considered a problem,” added the source.
Finally, with Carey’s new album coming out (including her new single, “Triumphant”) – “American Idol” would be a great place to showcase it to some degree, with millions watching Carey performing on the show.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Warren Sapp Pleads Guilty to Domestic Violence, Avoids Jail
- Man Sentenced to 20 Years in One Court, Then Leaves to Marry Girlfriend in Another
- Joseph Patterson Convicted in Death of Adrian Peterson's Son
- 'Family Feud': Sexually Provocative Q&As Have Viewers Alarmed (WATCH)
- Amber Rose's 'SlutWalk': Several Hundred Showed Up (VIDEO/PHOTOS)
- Jerrod Carmichael: New Onyx Phone Makes Filming Police Brutality Easy (WATCH)
- Universal Eyeing Michael B. Jordan and Jonah Hill for Def Jam Biopic
- Toni Braxton to Star in Lifetime Biopic 'Un-Break My Heart'
- NeYo Shares Proposal Video, Slams Ex's Sterilization Claims [WATCH]
- Staples Singers Limited Edition 4-CD Box Set to be Released Nov. 13 from Stax/Concord Music Group
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here