*The Chicago Sun-Times is reporting of several advantages that came into play during “American Idol’s” negotiations with Mariah Carey, who is reportedly on the verge of signing a contract worth between $12 million and $15 million per year.
The newspaper’s Bill Zwecker reports:
First of all, Carey is very close to her manager Randy Jackson, who, of course, has been the mainstay on the “Idol” judging panel since Day 1. Jackson has been pushing the idea, ever since it was clear that Jennifer Lopez was considering leaving — even more so now that Steven Tyler also has exited the “Idol” scene.
Beyond that, however, Carey is a huge fan of the show and has been what she calls “an ‘Idol’ addict” since Season 1.
“Mariah hardly misses an episode of ‘Idol,’” said a Carey associate Sunday night. “Even when she’s on the road, she makes sure it’s recorded so she can watch it later.”
At this point in her life, the superstar also is looking for what my source quoted her as saying would be “stability” — allowing her to stay home, focus on her babies and husband Nick Cannon. Ironically, Carey’s hubby is the host of the competing show, “America’s Got Talent,” but “since he’s the host, not a judge, that’s not considered a problem,” added the source.
Finally, with Carey’s new album coming out (including her new single, “Triumphant”) – “American Idol” would be a great place to showcase it to some degree, with millions watching Carey performing on the show.
- Kanye West Could've Been Highest Paid on Las Vegas Strip
- Reach Media Welcomes 'Gospel Traxx With Walt Baby Love' to its Urban Lineup
- Tyrese Gibson Responds to Forbes for ‘Green Lantern’ Shade
- Video: Tidal Releases Bizzy Crook's 'From Everything Came Nothing'
- Tasha Cobbs' 'One Place Live' Releases August 21 on Motown Gospel
- Tia Mowry and Pooch Hall Return for 'The Game' Finale
- Problem? Teen Vogue Uses Fair Models for African Braids Feature
- Bobby Seale, Black Panther Professor, Gives History Lesson to D'Angelo (Watch)
- Nick Gordon's Defense in Bobbi Kristina Case: Drugs Responsible
- Man Breaks Down After Recognizing Judge As Former Classmate (WATCH)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here