*The Chicago Sun-Times is reporting of several advantages that came into play during “American Idol’s” negotiations with Mariah Carey, who is reportedly on the verge of signing a contract worth between $12 million and $15 million per year.
The newspaper’s Bill Zwecker reports:
First of all, Carey is very close to her manager Randy Jackson, who, of course, has been the mainstay on the “Idol” judging panel since Day 1. Jackson has been pushing the idea, ever since it was clear that Jennifer Lopez was considering leaving — even more so now that Steven Tyler also has exited the “Idol” scene.
Beyond that, however, Carey is a huge fan of the show and has been what she calls “an ‘Idol’ addict” since Season 1.
“Mariah hardly misses an episode of ‘Idol,’” said a Carey associate Sunday night. “Even when she’s on the road, she makes sure it’s recorded so she can watch it later.”
At this point in her life, the superstar also is looking for what my source quoted her as saying would be “stability” — allowing her to stay home, focus on her babies and husband Nick Cannon. Ironically, Carey’s hubby is the host of the competing show, “America’s Got Talent,” but “since he’s the host, not a judge, that’s not considered a problem,” added the source.
Finally, with Carey’s new album coming out (including her new single, “Triumphant”) – “American Idol” would be a great place to showcase it to some degree, with millions watching Carey performing on the show.
- Lorraine Toussaint Talks Playing Morris Chestnut’s Mama on ‘Rosewood’
- O.J. Simpson Fuming: Women Have Stopped Sending Him Commissary Money
- Gospel Sensation Naomi B Releases New Single, ‘Break Free’ (LISTEN)
- White Police Chief Gets Home Detention for Killing Unarmed Black Man
- Casting Complete for Brandy’s New BET Series ‘Zoe Ever After’
- Rosie O’Donnell Checks Elisabeth Hasselbeck for Calling #BlackLivesMatter a Hate Group
- Perspective on Harris Co. Deputy's Death by Project 21 Member Who Served with Him
- RHOA Fight: Cynthia Bailey Kicked Porsha Williams in the Stomach (Report)
- James Bond Author Now ‘Sorry’ for Calling Idris Elba ‘Too Street’
- Janet Jackson Drops Missy Elliott Collabo at ‘Unbreakable’ Tour Launch (Clips)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here