*Just days after her appearance at the TCA press tour via satellite, where she announced that her scheduled medical leave would take place sometime in late August, early September, “Good Morning America” anchor Robin Roberts informed her audience this morning that she isn’t feeling well, and will take off for one or two weeks before her medical leave.
Roberts was recently diagnosed with MDS, a rare blood and bone marrow disorder, as a side effect of her battle with breast cancer.
“Well, a full disclosure here, I’m not feeling too well,” Roberts told viewers. “In fact I’m going to leave and let you all do the rest of the program on your own. I’m going to take a little time off, just to get some vacay… I’ll see you in a couple of weeks.”
During her TCA appearance on Thursday, Roberts spoke about her medical leave, during which she’ll undergo a bone marrow transplant, and mentioned Barbara Walters, Diane Sawyer, Katie Couric, Kelly Ripa and co-hosts of “The View” as her substitutes during her absence.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Will Smith Planning Political Run 'In The Near Future'
- Angie Stone Recalls the Time She Passed on Dating Idris Elba
- 3 Things to Do NOW to Transform Your Life (WATCH)
- The Kobie Chronicles: 'Red, White & Baltimore' Premiere As Freddie Gray Trials Commence
- Lamar Odom's Lucky Break: Prosecution for Cocaine Possession Unlikely
- Why?! Well Known Black Ministers Set to Meet With Trump
- Movie Watch: Big Weekend for Creed, The Good Dinosaur, Victor Frankenstein
- The Pulse of Entertainment: Walt Disney’s 'The Good Dinosaur' is a Story of a Bond of Two Unlikely Friends
- Naughty by Nature Hitting the Road to Celebrate 25th Anniversary
- EURweb Covers the 'Creed' Movie Premiere (WATCH)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here