*Just days after her appearance at the TCA press tour via satellite, where she announced that her scheduled medical leave would take place sometime in late August, early September, “Good Morning America” anchor Robin Roberts informed her audience this morning that she isn’t feeling well, and will take off for one or two weeks before her medical leave.
Roberts was recently diagnosed with MDS, a rare blood and bone marrow disorder, as a side effect of her battle with breast cancer.
“Well, a full disclosure here, I’m not feeling too well,” Roberts told viewers. “In fact I’m going to leave and let you all do the rest of the program on your own. I’m going to take a little time off, just to get some vacay… I’ll see you in a couple of weeks.”
During her TCA appearance on Thursday, Roberts spoke about her medical leave, during which she’ll undergo a bone marrow transplant, and mentioned Barbara Walters, Diane Sawyer, Katie Couric, Kelly Ripa and co-hosts of “The View” as her substitutes during her absence.
- Will Smith Makes it Clear: 'Jada and I are NOT GETTING A DIVORCE!'
- Melba Moore Defends Bill Cosby: 'Nobody's Perfect' (WATCH)
- Bobby Brown's Wife Alicia Etheredge Suffers Seizure After Funeral of Bobbi Kristina
- Hump Nails: Yay or Hell to the Nah! (Provide Your Own Fun Captions for Jellybean Win!)
- Ice & Coco Talk New Baby, New Talk Show and Breeding Out Racism
- Drama Developing: Bobbi Kristina Casket Pic Sold for Over $100K
- Aretha Franklin: The Queen Rules L.A. - Review by Miki Turner
- The Weeknd Close to Reaching Plea Deal in Cop Hitting Case
- 'Silly' is How Ben Carson Sees the ‘Black Lives Matter’ Movement
- Chicago Man Wrongly Imprisoned for 17 Years, Shot Dead at Home (WATCH)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here