They haven’t done it in over a decade, but a press release sent to EURweb says that the surviving members of the legendary rap group, Run-DMC, is set to re-unite and perform this Fall at Fun Fun Fun Fest (Nov. 2-4) in Austin, TX.
Run DMC retired the moniker in 2002 following the untimely death of legendary DJ and producer, Jason “Jam-Master Jay” Mizell. In honor of Jay’s life, FFF festival promoters are working with the band to donate a portion of proceeds to his foundation the JMJ Foundation for Music which is dedicated to providing access to the arts, regardless of socio-economic status, for children and young adults. Learn more about Jay’s foundation here: www.jammasterjay.org/JMJfoundation.html
“We couldn’t be more excited. Run DMC is one of our favorite bands, and one of the most influential groups of all-time – that we never thought that we would get to see play live, much less play in Austin at our festival,” said festival producer James Moody. “This is as big as it gets and we are so proud to be working with them.”
Run-D.M.C. joins a short list of artists already announced through lineup leaks, including Atlas Sound, Baroness, Black Moth Super Rainbow, Starfucker, Rakim, Lagwagon, The Head and The Heart, Danny Brown, David Cross, Bob Mould, Tomahawk and Against Me!. The full lineup will be announced on Thursday, July 12, includes over 160 artists at the festival grounds, and many more to be released for the FFF Nites after-party series.
Like EURweb on Facebook
Fun Fun Fun Fest has grown every year since its inception, focusing primarily on new music discovery, underground acts and rare throwback favorites in a wide variety of genres, including indie, hip hop, folk, comedy, punk, metal and more. Ticket sales reports confirm that 2011 was the biggest festival yet, with overall attendance close to doubling that from the previous year and 55% of attendees traveling from outside Austin.
Weekend 3-day passes go on sale Thursday July 12th, and a limited number of PIP Passes are already on sale. Stay tuned for more on this year’s Fun Fun Fun Fest Water Olympics, Scavenger Hunts across Texas and FFF Nites.For more information on this year’s festival, go to funfunfunfest.com. Follow them at facebook.com/funfunfunfest and on Twitter @funfunfunfest for updates and special promotions.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Toni Braxton Confirms 'Love, Marriage & Divorce Part 2' with Babyface
- Jaden Smith Flaunts New Tesla X, That's Not Even Available Yet
- Obama Informs Republicans He WILL Nominate Scalia's Replacement
- Hip-Hop Met Fats Waller in LA!
- Michael Jordan's Rep Responds to 'Crying Jordan' Memes
- Supreme Court Associate Justice Antonin Scalia Found Dead
- Steph, Ayesha & Michelle Have Fun with 'Banana' Song (WATCH)
- TV Review: The Black Panthers Van Guard of the Revolution
- Wendy Williams Blasts Ciara Over $15 Million Future Lawsuit
- Must See! Barack and Michelle's Valentine's Day Greetings to Each Other (WATCH)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here