*Rush Limbaugh has had a revelation.
The Clear Channel radio personality said in Tuesday’s broadcast that the folks behind Warner Bros‘ “The Dark Knight Rises” are subconsciously trying to turn audiences away from Mitt Romney by naming the film’s villain “Bane,” as in Romney’s former employer: Bain Capital.
The conservative host says that moviegoers — especially “a lot of brain-dead people, entertainment, the pop culture crowd” – are “gonna hear Bane in the movie and they’re gonna associate Bain. The thought is that when they start paying attention to the campaign later in the year, and Obama and the Democrats keep talking about Bain, Romney and Bain, that these people will think back to the Batman movie… There are some people who think it’ll work. Others think you’re really underestimating the American people to think that will work.”
Limbaugh adds: “You may think it’s ridiculous, I’m just telling you this is the kind of stuff the Obama team is lining up. The kind of people who would draw this comparison are the kind of people that they are campaigning to. These are the kind of people that they are attempting to appeal to.”
Batman comics introduced Bane in 1993. Actor Robert Swenson played the villain in the 1997 film “Batman & Robin” that starred George Clooney.
- Former NBA All Star Vin Baker Training for Starbucks Manager Spot
- The Griswolds Are Back On 'Vacation' (Watch)
- The Second Deadly Assault on Sandra Bland
- Troubling: Two Officers Corroborated Killer Cop's False Account of DuBose Killing
- Audio Interview: Basketball and Art Unite to Inspire Youth Life Skills (Listen)
- Your MISSION: Laser Tag
- Kim Kimble, Celebrity Hairstylist Panelists at Natural Hair & Lifestyle Expo~Aug 1&2@The Reef
- THE (07-30-15) EURweb Free-4-All Page/Board
- Black Comedienne to Compete on New Season of 'Last Comic Standing' (WATCH)
- Brittney Griner Rebounds with Beauty Named Lola
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here