*Rush Limbaugh has had a revelation.
The Clear Channel radio personality said in Tuesday’s broadcast that the folks behind Warner Bros‘ “The Dark Knight Rises” are subconsciously trying to turn audiences away from Mitt Romney by naming the film’s villain “Bane,” as in Romney’s former employer: Bain Capital.
The conservative host says that moviegoers — especially “a lot of brain-dead people, entertainment, the pop culture crowd” – are “gonna hear Bane in the movie and they’re gonna associate Bain. The thought is that when they start paying attention to the campaign later in the year, and Obama and the Democrats keep talking about Bain, Romney and Bain, that these people will think back to the Batman movie… There are some people who think it’ll work. Others think you’re really underestimating the American people to think that will work.”
Limbaugh adds: “You may think it’s ridiculous, I’m just telling you this is the kind of stuff the Obama team is lining up. The kind of people who would draw this comparison are the kind of people that they are campaigning to. These are the kind of people that they are attempting to appeal to.”
Batman comics introduced Bane in 1993. Actor Robert Swenson played the villain in the 1997 film “Batman & Robin” that starred George Clooney.
- Los Angeles Urban Policy Roundtable Awards Mumia Abu Jamal Health Fund
- THE (09-01-15) EURweb Free-4-All Page/Board
- (The Black Hat) Nicki Minaj: The White Girl Hunter
- 'Meet the Celebrities on Your Own Terms' in Upcoming Workshop for Aspiring Writers (Photos!)
- Neighbors Complain Kardashians Wasting Water During Drought
- Will Packer Marries Longtime Love in Surprise Atlanta Wedding
- Phoenix Mother Allegedly Drowns Twin Boys Because 'No One Loved Them'
- How ABC Wooed Tyra Banks Back Into Daytime with 'FABLife'
- Amber Rose, Blac Chyna Twerk in Uber En Route to VMAs (Watch)
- Trick Daddy Files for Bankruptcy Amid Child Support Bills
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here