*Rush Limbaugh has had a revelation.
The Clear Channel radio personality said in Tuesday’s broadcast that the folks behind Warner Bros‘ “The Dark Knight Rises” are subconsciously trying to turn audiences away from Mitt Romney by naming the film’s villain “Bane,” as in Romney’s former employer: Bain Capital.
The conservative host says that moviegoers — especially “a lot of brain-dead people, entertainment, the pop culture crowd” – are “gonna hear Bane in the movie and they’re gonna associate Bain. The thought is that when they start paying attention to the campaign later in the year, and Obama and the Democrats keep talking about Bain, Romney and Bain, that these people will think back to the Batman movie… There are some people who think it’ll work. Others think you’re really underestimating the American people to think that will work.”
Limbaugh adds: “You may think it’s ridiculous, I’m just telling you this is the kind of stuff the Obama team is lining up. The kind of people who would draw this comparison are the kind of people that they are campaigning to. These are the kind of people that they are attempting to appeal to.”
Batman comics introduced Bane in 1993. Actor Robert Swenson played the villain in the 1997 film “Batman & Robin” that starred George Clooney.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- ‘Empire’ Finishes No 1 in Black Households, Social Media and Other Key Demos
- Therez Fleetwood's 'Men and Intimacy: Real Talk... Real Answers' Reveals Answers to What Men Want
- First Look: Rihanna’s New Line of Star Trek-Inspired Dior Sunglasses
- Opinion: How Democratic Superdelegates decided the 2016 Election
- Prince’s Fam Requests Revolution Start Reunion Tour AFTER August Memorial Event
- Judge Favors Chris Brown in Baby Mama’s Attempt to Restrict Custody
- Derek Fisher, Ex-Wife Agree to Destroy Their Frozen Embryos in Divorce Settlement
- Starz Programming Shift Moves ‘Power’, 'Survivor's Remorse' to Sunday Nights
- Tyler Perry on Singing ‘Play That Funky Music’ With Prince (Watch)
- Jay Z Responds to ‘Lemonade’, Shouts Out Prince On ‘All The Way Up’ Remix
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here