*Rush Limbaugh has had a revelation.
The Clear Channel radio personality said in Tuesday’s broadcast that the folks behind Warner Bros‘ “The Dark Knight Rises” are subconsciously trying to turn audiences away from Mitt Romney by naming the film’s villain “Bane,” as in Romney’s former employer: Bain Capital.
The conservative host says that moviegoers — especially “a lot of brain-dead people, entertainment, the pop culture crowd” – are “gonna hear Bane in the movie and they’re gonna associate Bain. The thought is that when they start paying attention to the campaign later in the year, and Obama and the Democrats keep talking about Bain, Romney and Bain, that these people will think back to the Batman movie… There are some people who think it’ll work. Others think you’re really underestimating the American people to think that will work.”
Limbaugh adds: “You may think it’s ridiculous, I’m just telling you this is the kind of stuff the Obama team is lining up. The kind of people who would draw this comparison are the kind of people that they are campaigning to. These are the kind of people that they are attempting to appeal to.”
Batman comics introduced Bane in 1993. Actor Robert Swenson played the villain in the 1997 film “Batman & Robin” that starred George Clooney.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Apollo Nida Breaking Jailhouse Rules Because ... He's Famous
- Homeless Woman and Millionaire Brought Together by a (Wait for it) Dog
- Wiz Khalifa Sued for $2 Million by Former Label
- TV Host Tomi Lahren Rips Jesse Williams, BET for ‘Race Baiting’ & 'Perpetuating War on Cops' (Watch)
- CNN’s Marc Lamont Hill to Host Late-Night Talk Show for VH1
- Essence Festival to Honor Prince With NOLA-Themed Tribute Closing Night
- Regina King, Idris Elba, Ice Cube among Flood of Black Talent Invited Into Academy (See List)
- Woman's Impromptu National Anthem Stops DC Tourists in their Tracks (Watch)
- Jessica Williams to Exit ‘The Daily Show’ for Own Comedy Central Pilot
- Why EJ Johnson Decided Against Transitioning: ‘I Thought About it For Sure’ (Watch)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here