*Yesterday, their parents smooched each other on the kiss cam at the USA basketball game. Today, the reading habits of first daughters Sasha and Malia have made national headlines after they were spotted purchasing books in Manhattan.
While other teens their age stick to “The Hunger Games” and “Twilight,” Malia, 14, and Sasha, 11, grabbed some existentialist literature – Albert Camus’ “Exile” and the “Kingdom,” – along with their young adult novels “Imaginary Girls” and “Before I Fall” during a Sunday visit to the Strand Bookstore.
Their aunt – Maya Soetoro-Ng (President Obama’s half-sister) – paid for their purchases, which also included “School!: Adventures at the Harvey N. Trouble Elementary School” and two Strand souvenirs.
According to one Strand worker, the girls wore tank tops and jeans and were “incredibly polite.” He also mentioned that Malia was with a friend who was “very, very funny.”
Later Sunday, the girls saw Spiderman: Turn Off the Dark on Broadway with their mother, First Lady Michelle Obama.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Idris Elba Splits With Naiyana Garth After Night With Naomi Campbell (Report)
- Black Sheriff Gets KKK Vibe From Beyoncé Super Bowl Halftime Performance
- Kanye West Defends Bill Cosby; Tweets Comic is 'Innocent'
- 'Family Feud' Contestant Can't Believe She's the 'Worst Ever' (WATCH)
- Target Wins Lawsuit Filed by Rosa and Raymond Parks Institute
- 'The Music of ‘Underground': Behind-the-Scenes with John Legend on Slave Thriller
- Lamar Odom On Way to Full Recovery; Almost Living on His Own
- Hillary Clinton Doesn’t Deserve the Black Vote. Here's why ...
- #BlackLivesMatter Activist Commits Suicide on Ohio Statehouse Steps
- Jubilee Project Video Discusses a ‘World Without Black People’
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here