*Yesterday, their parents smooched each other on the kiss cam at the USA basketball game. Today, the reading habits of first daughters Sasha and Malia have made national headlines after they were spotted purchasing books in Manhattan.
While other teens their age stick to “The Hunger Games” and “Twilight,” Malia, 14, and Sasha, 11, grabbed some existentialist literature – Albert Camus’ “Exile” and the “Kingdom,” – along with their young adult novels “Imaginary Girls” and “Before I Fall” during a Sunday visit to the Strand Bookstore.
Their aunt – Maya Soetoro-Ng (President Obama’s half-sister) – paid for their purchases, which also included “School!: Adventures at the Harvey N. Trouble Elementary School” and two Strand souvenirs.
According to one Strand worker, the girls wore tank tops and jeans and were “incredibly polite.” He also mentioned that Malia was with a friend who was “very, very funny.”
Later Sunday, the girls saw Spiderman: Turn Off the Dark on Broadway with their mother, First Lady Michelle Obama.
- 'Meet the Celebrities on Your Own Terms' in Upcoming Workshop for Aspiring Writers (Photos!)
- Neighbors Complain Kardashians Wasting Water During Drought
- Will Packer Marries Longtime Love in Surprise Atlanta Wedding
- Phoenix Mother Allegedly Drowns Twin Boys Because 'No One Loved Them'
- How ABC Wooed Tyra Banks Back Into Daytime with 'FABLife'
- Amber Rose, Blac Chyna Twerk in Uber En Route to VMAs (Watch)
- Trick Daddy Files for Bankruptcy Amid Child Support Bills
- MTV Wants Kanye West to Host 2016 Video Music Awards (Report)
- Iowa Poll: Ben Carson Suddenly In a Tie With Donald Trump
- DC’s NFL Team: RG3 Demoted; DeSean Jackson Pisses Off Women
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here