*Yesterday, their parents smooched each other on the kiss cam at the USA basketball game. Today, the reading habits of first daughters Sasha and Malia have made national headlines after they were spotted purchasing books in Manhattan.
While other teens their age stick to “The Hunger Games” and “Twilight,” Malia, 14, and Sasha, 11, grabbed some existentialist literature – Albert Camus’ “Exile” and the “Kingdom,” – along with their young adult novels “Imaginary Girls” and “Before I Fall” during a Sunday visit to the Strand Bookstore.
Their aunt – Maya Soetoro-Ng (President Obama’s half-sister) – paid for their purchases, which also included “School!: Adventures at the Harvey N. Trouble Elementary School” and two Strand souvenirs.
According to one Strand worker, the girls wore tank tops and jeans and were “incredibly polite.” He also mentioned that Malia was with a friend who was “very, very funny.”
Later Sunday, the girls saw Spiderman: Turn Off the Dark on Broadway with their mother, First Lady Michelle Obama.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Tyra Banks, Misty Copeland to Speak During Essence Experience
- Tyler Perry Talks Following His Own Path to Saving OWN
- John Singleton and Gary Owen Score BET Series Deals
- Opinion: Presidential Correspondence Dinner not a Place for the word 'Nigga'
- Wendell James Grand Marshall for Long Beach Pride Parade
- Prince Update: Family Gifted Big Bucks by George Lopez
- Latice Crawford Releases ‘Diary of a Church Girl’ May 20
- Wilmore's 'My Nigga' to Obama Gets Black Twitter Approval, But not Najee Ali
- Aisha Tyler: African-American Teens Must 'Be Brave' About College
- Poet Pens Stunning Piece About Appropriating Black Slang (WATCH)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here