*Yesterday, their parents smooched each other on the kiss cam at the USA basketball game. Today, the reading habits of first daughters Sasha and Malia have made national headlines after they were spotted purchasing books in Manhattan.
While other teens their age stick to “The Hunger Games” and “Twilight,” Malia, 14, and Sasha, 11, grabbed some existentialist literature – Albert Camus’ “Exile” and the “Kingdom,” – along with their young adult novels “Imaginary Girls” and “Before I Fall” during a Sunday visit to the Strand Bookstore.
Their aunt – Maya Soetoro-Ng (President Obama’s half-sister) – paid for their purchases, which also included “School!: Adventures at the Harvey N. Trouble Elementary School” and two Strand souvenirs.
According to one Strand worker, the girls wore tank tops and jeans and were “incredibly polite.” He also mentioned that Malia was with a friend who was “very, very funny.”
Later Sunday, the girls saw Spiderman: Turn Off the Dark on Broadway with their mother, First Lady Michelle Obama.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Ebony Celebrates Black Power with Williams, Belafonte and Zendaya
- Boxer Yusaf Mack is Attracted to Transgenders; Inspired by Caitlyn Jenner
- Editorial: Instead of 'Is it Because I'm Black?' - Why Not, 'Is it Because You're White?'
- Whoa! This is T-Pain ... Performing Minus Auto Tune? (Watch/Listen)
- Dick Wolf: King of Crossovers Takes Chicago, Talks TV Dominance [EUR Exclusive]
- Jill Scott: ''Soul Train' Brought Soul Into Everyone’s House'
- Presenting Ice-T and Coco's New Baby: Chanel Nicole
- Black Teen Vlogger Renounces Conservatism; Laquan McDonald Killing Convinced Him
- Girls Want to Join the Boys Scouts of America
- Lil Boosie Rants Frustration with 'Gay Sh*t' On TV
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here