*Yesterday, their parents smooched each other on the kiss cam at the USA basketball game. Today, the reading habits of first daughters Sasha and Malia have made national headlines after they were spotted purchasing books in Manhattan.
While other teens their age stick to “The Hunger Games” and “Twilight,” Malia, 14, and Sasha, 11, grabbed some existentialist literature – Albert Camus’ “Exile” and the “Kingdom,” – along with their young adult novels “Imaginary Girls” and “Before I Fall” during a Sunday visit to the Strand Bookstore.
Their aunt – Maya Soetoro-Ng (President Obama’s half-sister) – paid for their purchases, which also included “School!: Adventures at the Harvey N. Trouble Elementary School” and two Strand souvenirs.
According to one Strand worker, the girls wore tank tops and jeans and were “incredibly polite.” He also mentioned that Malia was with a friend who was “very, very funny.”
Later Sunday, the girls saw Spiderman: Turn Off the Dark on Broadway with their mother, First Lady Michelle Obama.
- Naomi Campbell Still Gets Jitters Before Strutting the Runway
- WATCH: Leola Brown Goes in on Pat Houston Outside Bobbi Kristina Funeral
- Danger Sign in Bail for Alleged Cincinnati Police Shooter Ray Tensing
- Terrence Howard’s Ex Sues 'Empire' Star for Assault and Defamation
- Cedric The Entertainer Celebrity Golf Classic Tees Off August 17
- Take a Special Look Inside the Making of 'Straight Outta Compton' (WATCH)
- Report: Leola Brown Thrown Out of Bobbi Kristina Funeral Services
- Lil Kim Claims Mr. Papers Was Physically Abusive
- Jill Scott Talks New Album 'Woman', Motherhood and Longevity
- Khloe Kardashian, Lamar Odom Officially End Their Marriage
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here