*Fresh off of winning her fifth Wimbledon title, Serena Williams sweeps into Comic-Con in San Diego today to promote her latest project – a tennis-themed animated film titled WimbleToad.
Williams will partner on the project with Exodus Film Group, the makers of the 2008 animated feature Igor. She’ll serve as an executive producer as well as voice a character in the film.
The story concerns an orphaned toad named Henry Stokes who, with his best friend and fellow orphan Lily (Serena), must play for his freedom from a nefarious businessman who is scheming to take over the WimbleToad tournament and destroy their orphanage in the process.
She and Exodus Film Group principles John Eraklis, Joe Martin Jr. and Max Howard have created Amphibian Productions for the venture. Steve Bevilacqua is writing the screenplay based on Eraklis’ original idea.
Next for Serena is the London Olympics this summer. The athlete, who has made it a priority to diversify off the court, also has inroads into fashion with an accessories and clothing line on HSN, a skin product line with Mission Skincare and charity involvement with a school in Africa.
- Neighbors Complain Kardashians Wasting Water During Drought
- Will Packer Marries Longtime Love in Surprise Atlanta Wedding
- Phoenix Mother Allegedly Drowns Twin Boys Because 'No One Loved Them'
- How ABC Wooed Tyra Banks Back Into Daytime with 'FABLife'
- Amber Rose, Blac Chyna Twerk in Uber En Route to VMAs (Watch)
- Trick Daddy Files for Bankruptcy Amid Child Support Bills
- MTV Wants Kanye West to Host 2016 Video Music Awards (Report)
- Iowa Poll: Ben Carson Suddenly In a Tie With Donald Trump
- DC’s NFL Team: RG3 Demoted; DeSean Jackson Pisses Off Women
- Hulk Hogan Says He Was Suicidal Over N-Word Scandal: ‘I'm Not A Racist’ (Watch)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here