*Fresh off of winning her fifth Wimbledon title, Serena Williams sweeps into Comic-Con in San Diego today to promote her latest project – a tennis-themed animated film titled WimbleToad.
Williams will partner on the project with Exodus Film Group, the makers of the 2008 animated feature Igor. She’ll serve as an executive producer as well as voice a character in the film.
The story concerns an orphaned toad named Henry Stokes who, with his best friend and fellow orphan Lily (Serena), must play for his freedom from a nefarious businessman who is scheming to take over the WimbleToad tournament and destroy their orphanage in the process.
She and Exodus Film Group principles John Eraklis, Joe Martin Jr. and Max Howard have created Amphibian Productions for the venture. Steve Bevilacqua is writing the screenplay based on Eraklis’ original idea.
Next for Serena is the London Olympics this summer. The athlete, who has made it a priority to diversify off the court, also has inroads into fashion with an accessories and clothing line on HSN, a skin product line with Mission Skincare and charity involvement with a school in Africa.
- LISTEN to Newcomer Babs Savage's New Hit 'La La' - A Twist on the Delfonic's Classic
- #AaliyahForMAC: Aaliyah Fans Start Petition for MAC Line
- Naomi Campbell Convicted of Assault By Italian Court
- Whites Burst into Black Girl's Birthday Party Holding Confed Flags (Watch)
- Ice & Coco Expecting Baby Girl, Talk is Key to a Successful Marriage (VIDEO)
- Thursday's First Republican Debate Line Up Released
- Joe Jackson Out of the Hospital After Stroke
- Woman Sues Lee Daniels for $300M Claiming She Inspired Cookie Role
- Banned from Bobbi Kristina’s Funeral, Nick Gordon Mourns on Beach
- Jadeveon Clowney’s Dad Charged with Attempted Murder
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here