*Fresh off of winning her fifth Wimbledon title, Serena Williams sweeps into Comic-Con in San Diego today to promote her latest project – a tennis-themed animated film titled WimbleToad.
Williams will partner on the project with Exodus Film Group, the makers of the 2008 animated feature Igor. She’ll serve as an executive producer as well as voice a character in the film.
The story concerns an orphaned toad named Henry Stokes who, with his best friend and fellow orphan Lily (Serena), must play for his freedom from a nefarious businessman who is scheming to take over the WimbleToad tournament and destroy their orphanage in the process.
She and Exodus Film Group principles John Eraklis, Joe Martin Jr. and Max Howard have created Amphibian Productions for the venture. Steve Bevilacqua is writing the screenplay based on Eraklis’ original idea.
Next for Serena is the London Olympics this summer. The athlete, who has made it a priority to diversify off the court, also has inroads into fashion with an accessories and clothing line on HSN, a skin product line with Mission Skincare and charity involvement with a school in Africa.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Rupert Murdock...Seriously? You're Going to Define Whose 'Really Black'
- Jennifer Hudson Opens Up About Murder of Family Members
- #BlackTwitter Comes for Piers Morgan Over ‘I Love My Whiteness’
- Matt Barnes: I Was Checking On My Kids, Not Confronting Derek Fisher
- Ben Carson Now Blaming the Holocaust on Gun Control (Watch)
- Done Deal: F. Gary Gray Confirmed to Direct ‘Fast & Furious 8’
- Kelly Rowland is the New Face of Seagram’s Escapes
- Temple Board of Trustees Set to Replace Bill Cosby with Tamron Hall
- Rinkins Report: FMU's Black Male College Explorers Program helps decrease achievement gap
- Janet Jackson, Chaka Khan, The J.B.’s Considered for Rock Hall
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here