*Fresh off of winning her fifth Wimbledon title, Serena Williams sweeps into Comic-Con in San Diego today to promote her latest project – a tennis-themed animated film titled WimbleToad.
Williams will partner on the project with Exodus Film Group, the makers of the 2008 animated feature Igor. She’ll serve as an executive producer as well as voice a character in the film.
The story concerns an orphaned toad named Henry Stokes who, with his best friend and fellow orphan Lily (Serena), must play for his freedom from a nefarious businessman who is scheming to take over the WimbleToad tournament and destroy their orphanage in the process.
She and Exodus Film Group principles John Eraklis, Joe Martin Jr. and Max Howard have created Amphibian Productions for the venture. Steve Bevilacqua is writing the screenplay based on Eraklis’ original idea.
Next for Serena is the London Olympics this summer. The athlete, who has made it a priority to diversify off the court, also has inroads into fashion with an accessories and clothing line on HSN, a skin product line with Mission Skincare and charity involvement with a school in Africa.
- The New Trailer for Universal Pictures’ 'Steve Jobs' has Just Debuted Online [Watch]
- Jill Scott UNdefends Bill Cosby: She is Now 'Completely Disgusted'
- K. Michelle Pleads with Black Media to Leave Her Alone
- Kelly Rowland Joins 'Empire,' Talks Losing 50lbs of Baby Weight
- tWitch on Returning to ‘So You Think You Can Dance’ as a Mentor
- Wal-Mart's New 24-Hour Neighborhood Markets Pose a Scare for Trader Joe's and Others
- Bill Cosby Admitted in 2005 to Drugging Woman with Quaaludes (Report)
- Happy 116th Birthday to World’s Oldest, Susannah Mushatt Jones (Video)
- Aretha Franklin Thanks Illinois for Helping Her after Bus Broke Down
- South Carolina Senate Votes to Remove Confederate Flag from Statehouse
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here