*Serena Williams just beat Victoria Azarenka in straight sets to reach her 7th final at Wimbledon, where she’ll face first-time finalist Agnieszka Radwanska on Saturday for the title.
Williams, who clocked a record 24 aces during the match, was dominant on her own serve throughout the first set, losing just four points in her five service games and winning 94% of points on her first serve.
In contrast, Azarenka had to fight a lot harder for each service game. The break eventually came in the penultimate game of the set, giving Williams a 5-3 lead that she quickly turned into 6-3 to take the first.
The second set provided more hope for Azarenka as she started fighting back against Williams’s serve. Still, though, it was Williams who broke first to take control of the match.
Both women held on to their serves to take the second set to a tie-break, which went with serve until Azarenka fired into the net to give Williams the match point at 7-6.
The four-time champion fired in a record 24th ace (most ever aces for a women’s match) to finish it off and reach her seventh Wimbledon final in 10 years.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Nick Canon Talks 'Chi-Raq' with KMEL & Did He Call Nicki Minaj A THOT?!
- One Year Since His Death, Tamir Rice's Mother Still Seeking Justice
- Old Email from Farrell, PA's New Police Chief Includes the Word 'N*gger' and Prompts Outrage ... and Support from the Town's Black Mayor
- 60% of Staff at Movie Theater in Connecticut Have a Disability
- Bowlegged Lou's Personal Insight Into TV One's UnSung Marathon
- THE (11-26-15) EURweb Free-4-All Page
- (Listen) ‘The Meaning of Life, Explained By 3rd Graders’ is Brilliant and On Point!
- Nivea Dishes about Her Feelings on Lil Wayne, Christina Milian (Watch)
- Akon and His Mother Owes $36K for Pimped Out Mansion
- Khloe Kardashian Not Spending Thanksgiving With Lamar Odom
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here