*Serena Williams just beat Victoria Azarenka in straight sets to reach her 7th final at Wimbledon, where she’ll face first-time finalist Agnieszka Radwanska on Saturday for the title.
Williams, who clocked a record 24 aces during the match, was dominant on her own serve throughout the first set, losing just four points in her five service games and winning 94% of points on her first serve.
In contrast, Azarenka had to fight a lot harder for each service game. The break eventually came in the penultimate game of the set, giving Williams a 5-3 lead that she quickly turned into 6-3 to take the first.
The second set provided more hope for Azarenka as she started fighting back against Williams’s serve. Still, though, it was Williams who broke first to take control of the match.
Both women held on to their serves to take the second set to a tie-break, which went with serve until Azarenka fired into the net to give Williams the match point at 7-6.
The four-time champion fired in a record 24th ace (most ever aces for a women’s match) to finish it off and reach her seventh Wimbledon final in 10 years.
- Piano Man: Tyler Perry Buys Nat King Cole's Steinway for $150k
- Kimye Win Over $400K Settlement Against YouTube Co-Founder
- VH1 Orders Stevie J, Joseline Spin-Off; Season 2 of K. Michelle Confirmed
- Emayatzy Corinealdi Talks Role in New Amazon Series ‘Hand of God’
- Amended Lawsuit Mentions ‘White Girl’ Present When Bobbi Kristina Was Found Unconscious
- Tom Joyner: Hurricane Katrina, A Personal Memoir
- Trump Called Miley Cyrus to Say He ‘Loved’ Her Twerk-Filled VMA Performance
- Al Sharpton Trying to Put Positive Spin on MSNBC Timeslot Demotion
- Misty Copeland Dishes on Broadway Debut After Just Six Rehearsals (Video)
- TN Councilman Threatens to Kill ‘Black N****r’ in 911 Call; Swears He’s Not Racist (Listen)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here