*Serena Williams just beat Victoria Azarenka in straight sets to reach her 7th final at Wimbledon, where she’ll face first-time finalist Agnieszka Radwanska on Saturday for the title.
Williams, who clocked a record 24 aces during the match, was dominant on her own serve throughout the first set, losing just four points in her five service games and winning 94% of points on her first serve.
In contrast, Azarenka had to fight a lot harder for each service game. The break eventually came in the penultimate game of the set, giving Williams a 5-3 lead that she quickly turned into 6-3 to take the first.
The second set provided more hope for Azarenka as she started fighting back against Williams’s serve. Still, though, it was Williams who broke first to take control of the match.
Both women held on to their serves to take the second set to a tie-break, which went with serve until Azarenka fired into the net to give Williams the match point at 7-6.
The four-time champion fired in a record 24th ace (most ever aces for a women’s match) to finish it off and reach her seventh Wimbledon final in 10 years.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Presenting the EURweb - Kashif & Friends, Black Music Month Celebration On-Line Contest!
- Angela Simmons Confirms Pregnancy: 'We Are Overjoyed'
- How to Start Your Own Online Casino
- Was Prince Better than Hendrix? Only if He Crosses the Entertainment Divide
- Alexandra Shipp & the 'X-Men: Apocalypse’ Cast in the Big Apple
- Savion Glover's Feet Perform Magical Feats
- Keke Palmer Said to be Replacing Tamar Braxton on 'The Real?' (Report)
- First Look: Cynthia Bailey's New Luxury Luggage Line 'CARGO by Cynthia Bailey'
- The Pulse of Entertainment: MBK’s Glory2Glory Presents Livre’, ‘Jericho: Tribe of Joshua’
- Whitney Houston Estate in Court Fighting $11 Million Tax Bill
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here