*Sherman Hemsley, the actor who played George Jefferson in the television sitcom “The Jeffersons,” died of natural causes according to the El Paso, Texas medical examiner’s office. That means no autopsy will be performed.
Irene Santiago, the coroner’s office admin. manager, did not go into details, but said on Wednesday, the 74-year-old actor had been ill.
El Paso police said in a press release that the actor was found dead Tuesday and that no foul play is suspected. Neighbors say Hemsley had lived in the same house for several years.
Hemsley first played Jefferson in the CBS sitcom “All in the Family” and starred in “The Jeffersons” spinoff from 1975 to 1985.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Carmen Electra on Prince’s Death: ‘I Just Hope People Understand What Pain Is’ (Watch)
- VH1’s ‘Hip Hop Honors’ Returning to Salute the Ladies
- ‘The Real’s’ Adrienne Bailon Calls Tamar Braxton ‘My Sister Forever’
- The Journal of Steffanie Rivers: You Don't Know What You Don't Know
- The Socialist's Journal: Blake Lively
- Dr. Kenneth C. Ulmer and David Sigel Announce TUI
- 'It Got Better': Raven Symone Talks Sexuality & Coming Out (WATCH)
- THE (05-24-16) EURweb Free-4-All Page
- Oscar Generale & Denny Mendez Shopping for Baby Clothes?
- Lynn Whitfield Dishes on Her Dramatic Face Off With Oprah! (WATCH)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here