*Sherman Hemsley, the actor who played George Jefferson in the television sitcom “The Jeffersons,” died of natural causes according to the El Paso, Texas medical examiner’s office. That means no autopsy will be performed.
Irene Santiago, the coroner’s office admin. manager, did not go into details, but said on Wednesday, the 74-year-old actor had been ill.
El Paso police said in a press release that the actor was found dead Tuesday and that no foul play is suspected. Neighbors say Hemsley had lived in the same house for several years.
Hemsley first played Jefferson in the CBS sitcom “All in the Family” and starred in “The Jeffersons” spinoff from 1975 to 1985.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Oh God: Johnny Depp Nails 'The Donald' in Funny or Die Video (Look!)
- Will Smith Calls Son Jayden 'Fearless' for Rockin' Women's Clothes
- Lakatriona Brunson: Florida’s First Female Head Football Coach
- Justice Dept. Sues City of Ferguson Over Pattern of Police Abuse
- Ruben Studdard, Fantasia Barrino Return to 'American Idol' This Week
- Kardashians Call Depiction in ‘People v. OJ’ Ep 2 ‘Ridiculous’
- Drama at ‘Fashion Police’ Between NeNe and Giuliana?
- Claudia Jordan, Jennifer Williams: Shots Fired Hours Before ‘The Next 15’ Premiere
- Ciara Cheered, Russell Wilson Booed at Knicks Game
- BET Names Brie Miranda Bryant SVP of Unscripted Programming
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here