*Sherman Hemsley, the actor who played George Jefferson in the television sitcom “The Jeffersons,” died of natural causes according to the El Paso, Texas medical examiner’s office. That means no autopsy will be performed.
Irene Santiago, the coroner’s office admin. manager, did not go into details, but said on Wednesday, the 74-year-old actor had been ill.
El Paso police said in a press release that the actor was found dead Tuesday and that no foul play is suspected. Neighbors say Hemsley had lived in the same house for several years.
Hemsley first played Jefferson in the CBS sitcom “All in the Family” and starred in “The Jeffersons” spinoff from 1975 to 1985.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Faith Evans, Eric Benet, Aloe Blacc Added to Prince Tribute in L.A.
- Adele Stops Her Concert to Praise Beyonce; Calls Her ‘Jesus F***ing Christ’ (Watch)
- Why You Suddenly Heard Prince Music on ‘Grey’s Anatomy’ and ‘Scandal’
- 7-Year-Old Girl Wins Handwriting Competition With No Hands
- Blac Chyna, Rob Kardashian Confirm Pregnancy with Baby Bump Emoji
- Elise Neal, Eriq LaSalle Join Hugh Jackman in ‘Wolverine 3’
- La La Anthony, Monica Calhoun, Yvette Nicole Brown Join BET’s 'New Edition: The Movie'
- DJ Kool Herc Sues HBO’s ‘Vinyl’ for Using His Identity
- Stacii Jae Johnson Writes the Book on Dating Lots of Men
- Former ‘American Idol’ Finalist Rickey Smith Killed in Car Accident
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here