*Sunday night at the BET Awards, Spike Lee showed off his comedic side when he joined Sam Jackson to for a hilarious send up of Kanye and Jay-Z’s “N***as in Paris.”
But of course we mostly know Spike for his drama and tension filled flicks with a sizzling Summer backdrop. Such is the case with his newest called “Red Hook Summer.”
Like EURweb on Facebook
It’s a coming-of-age story about Flik Royale (Jules Brown), an Atlanta boy who spends a summer in Red Hook, Brooklyn, under the thumb of his pious grandfather Bishop Enoch Rouse (Clarke Peters, who played Lester Freamon in HBO’s “The Wire”). Other cast members include Nate Parker, James Ransone, Colman Domingo and Lee (who reprises the role of Mookie from Do the Right Thing).
Check out the trailer below for “Red Hook Summer” and catch the film in theaters this August.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Radio Stations Nationwide to Simulcast Prince’s ‘Nothing Compares 2 U’ on Wed
- Woman Stabs Boyfriend For Not Getting Her a Valentine’s Gift (Video)
- Attorney for Prince's Addiction Specialist Explains Pills Found in His Medical Bag (Watch)
- Cynthia Bailey, Stacey Dash Cast in Syfy’s ‘Sharknado: The 4th Awakens’
- Lee Daniels Writes Apology Letter to Sean Penn, Ending Defamation Suit
- Kanye West Reportedly Fired Security Guard for Trying to Talk to His Wife
- Prince Being Added to Apollo Theater’s Walk of Fame
- Jay Z To Tell ‘His Side ’ of Beyonce Marriage in New Album (Report)
- Heartbreaking: Teen Bullied on Social Media Over Her Prom Photo
- Lawrence Adjah, Founder of Our Family Dinner, Seeks to Re-Connect Millennials
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here