*Sunday night at the BET Awards, Spike Lee showed off his comedic side when he joined Sam Jackson to for a hilarious send up of Kanye and Jay-Z’s “N***as in Paris.”
But of course we mostly know Spike for his drama and tension filled flicks with a sizzling Summer backdrop. Such is the case with his newest called “Red Hook Summer.”
Like EURweb on Facebook
It’s a coming-of-age story about Flik Royale (Jules Brown), an Atlanta boy who spends a summer in Red Hook, Brooklyn, under the thumb of his pious grandfather Bishop Enoch Rouse (Clarke Peters, who played Lester Freamon in HBO’s “The Wire”). Other cast members include Nate Parker, James Ransone, Colman Domingo and Lee (who reprises the role of Mookie from Do the Right Thing).
Check out the trailer below for “Red Hook Summer” and catch the film in theaters this August.
- THE (07-31-15) EURweb Free-4-All Page/Board
- LAPD on #100days100nights: 'Things Have Calmed Down'
- Tami Roman Reveals Health Issues Causing Pregnancy Woes
- Jay Pharoah Talks About His Battle with Depression (WATCH)
- Oprah Winfrey’s OWN Adds Megachurch Drama Series 'Greenleaf'
- Russell Simmons Signs New First-Look Deal with HBO, Sets Def Comedy Jam Anniversary Special
- Rinkins Report: Author Offers Recipe for Leadership Success
- Raynetta Turner: Mother of Eight is Latest Victim in String of Black Female Jail Cell Deaths
- HBO to Air Documentary About Jordan Davis, Teen Killed Over Loud Music
- Utah Considers Changing Name of Negro Bill Canyon
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here