*Sunday night at the BET Awards, Spike Lee showed off his comedic side when he joined Sam Jackson to for a hilarious send up of Kanye and Jay-Z’s “N***as in Paris.”
But of course we mostly know Spike for his drama and tension filled flicks with a sizzling Summer backdrop. Such is the case with his newest called “Red Hook Summer.”
Like EURweb on Facebook
It’s a coming-of-age story about Flik Royale (Jules Brown), an Atlanta boy who spends a summer in Red Hook, Brooklyn, under the thumb of his pious grandfather Bishop Enoch Rouse (Clarke Peters, who played Lester Freamon in HBO’s “The Wire”). Other cast members include Nate Parker, James Ransone, Colman Domingo and Lee (who reprises the role of Mookie from Do the Right Thing).
Check out the trailer below for “Red Hook Summer” and catch the film in theaters this August.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Cops Help Toss Chris Brown From Ibiza Rental Trashed With Urine and Vomit
- Alice Walker Writes Poem Inspired by Jesse Williams’ BET Awards Speech
- WATCH: Celebs Talk Summer Anthems at the 2016 BET Awards
- Opinion: Kanye West Not Worth a Billion dollars from Adidas Deal (WATCH)
- Future Talks Album Flop, Ciara's Lawsuit & Russell Wilson
- Woman’s Viral National Anthem Leads to National TV Singing Debut on ‘GMA’ (Watch)
- Mike Tirico Says Goodbye to ESPN after 25 Years (Watch Full Remarks)
- Vic Mensa Suggests Justin Timberlake ‘Support Black People When It’s More Difficult’ (Watch)
- Apple in Talks to Acquire Jay Z’s Streaming Service Tidal
- Ludacris Surprises Wife Eudoxie With New $160,000 Benz (Watch)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here