*Sunday night at the BET Awards, Spike Lee showed off his comedic side when he joined Sam Jackson to for a hilarious send up of Kanye and Jay-Z’s “N***as in Paris.”
But of course we mostly know Spike for his drama and tension filled flicks with a sizzling Summer backdrop. Such is the case with his newest called “Red Hook Summer.”
Like EURweb on Facebook
It’s a coming-of-age story about Flik Royale (Jules Brown), an Atlanta boy who spends a summer in Red Hook, Brooklyn, under the thumb of his pious grandfather Bishop Enoch Rouse (Clarke Peters, who played Lester Freamon in HBO’s “The Wire”). Other cast members include Nate Parker, James Ransone, Colman Domingo and Lee (who reprises the role of Mookie from Do the Right Thing).
Check out the trailer below for “Red Hook Summer” and catch the film in theaters this August.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Jill Scott Wins Big at 47th Annual NAACP Image Awards
- Kim & Kanye Fought Over Wiz Khalifa Rant and Wendy Williams Dis?
- 47th NAACP Image Awards Announces Winners of Non-Televised Categories
- Filmmakers Say 'Kung Fu Panda 3' is 'Perfect Premise For Creating Comedy' [EUR Exclusive]
- Ne-Yo’s Ex-Fiance Moyetta Shaw Posts Pics With New Millionaire Man
- Too Bad Girlfriends Don't Know Everything
- Suge Knight Loses Phone and Visitor Privileges in Jail
- Wiz Khalifa Inks Deal to Release Own Line of Weed Strains
- Stop Complaining About that Mole, This Could've Happened!
- Woman Crashes Own Funeral, Shocking Husband Who Paid to Have Her Killed
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here