*Sunday night at the BET Awards, Spike Lee showed off his comedic side when he joined Sam Jackson to for a hilarious send up of Kanye and Jay-Z’s “N***as in Paris.”
But of course we mostly know Spike for his drama and tension filled flicks with a sizzling Summer backdrop. Such is the case with his newest called “Red Hook Summer.”
Like EURweb on Facebook
It’s a coming-of-age story about Flik Royale (Jules Brown), an Atlanta boy who spends a summer in Red Hook, Brooklyn, under the thumb of his pious grandfather Bishop Enoch Rouse (Clarke Peters, who played Lester Freamon in HBO’s “The Wire”). Other cast members include Nate Parker, James Ransone, Colman Domingo and Lee (who reprises the role of Mookie from Do the Right Thing).
Check out the trailer below for “Red Hook Summer” and catch the film in theaters this August.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Cosmo Blasted for Declaring Kardashians 'America's First Family'
- TV One to Re-Air Original ‘Roots’; Louis Gossett Jr. Reminisces: ‘We Stopped the World’
- Parents of Bullied Boy Who Committed Suicide, Sue Florida School District
- Debbi Morgan to Play Toni Braxton’s Mom Evelyn in Lifetime Biopic; Full Cast Announced
- Wanda Sykes Cast in ABC's ‘Black-ish’, Showtime's 'House of Lies'
- Gabrielle Union to Star in ‘A Meyers Christmas’ for Universal
- Matt Barnes Still Swears He Had Something With Rihanna: ‘I’m Too Grown to Lie’
- Damien Sneed Performs During International Breast Cancer Awareness Week in Spain
- Bobby Shurmda Denied Bail, Will Stay in Jail Until Feb Trial Date
- Kim Zolciak Returning to ‘DWTS’ for the Nov. Finale
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here