*”Django Unchained” stars Jamie Foxx and Kerry Washington received a standing ovation at Comic-Con along with director Quentin Tarantino and other cast members after introducing a short preview clip of the film at the annual San Diego convention.
Foxx stars as Django, a slave whose history with his former owners lands him face-to-face with German-born bounty hunter Dr. King Schultz (Christoph Waltz). Schultz is on the trail of the murderous Brittle brothers, and only Django can lead him to his bounty. The unorthodox Schultz acquires Django with a promise to free him upon the capture of the Brittles – dead or alive.
Washington plays Broomhilda, the wife Django lost to the slave trade long ago. Leonardo DiCaprio, Kurt Russell and Samuel L. Jackson also star.
Foxx said of the film, “It would have been a terrible mistake to not try and hunt down this part that I think for the next 20 years will be a movie people will talk about.”
Washington said she had to learn how to speak German and ride a horse for the film. “I was so grateful that my character had to do two things that I’ve never done before because this film scared the [heck] out of me.”
The film opens in theaters on Dec. 25.
- Earl Ofari Hutchinson: Why Are So Many Schools Still Named Robert E. Lee?
- The Socialist's Journal: Quick Hits Part 2
- THE (06-30-15) EURweb Free-4-All Page/Board
- New Book! 'Diana Ross Reflections'
- EUR on the Scene: BET Experience Fan Fest 2015 (PHOTOS!)
- NeNe Leakes Announces She's Leaving 'Real Housewives of Atlanta'
- Child Dies on Father's Day After Dad Leaves Her in Hot Car to Go Drinking
- Jada Pinkett Smith 'Magic Mike XXL' & Objectification (Watch)
- Byron Jackson Brings 'DeSean Jackson: Home Team' to BET (WATCH)
- Diddy May Catch Break in UCLA Case, but Could Lose Liquor License
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here