*”Django Unchained” stars Jamie Foxx and Kerry Washington received a standing ovation at Comic-Con along with director Quentin Tarantino and other cast members after introducing a short preview clip of the film at the annual San Diego convention.
Foxx stars as Django, a slave whose history with his former owners lands him face-to-face with German-born bounty hunter Dr. King Schultz (Christoph Waltz). Schultz is on the trail of the murderous Brittle brothers, and only Django can lead him to his bounty. The unorthodox Schultz acquires Django with a promise to free him upon the capture of the Brittles – dead or alive.
Washington plays Broomhilda, the wife Django lost to the slave trade long ago. Leonardo DiCaprio, Kurt Russell and Samuel L. Jackson also star.
Foxx said of the film, “It would have been a terrible mistake to not try and hunt down this part that I think for the next 20 years will be a movie people will talk about.”
Washington said she had to learn how to speak German and ride a horse for the film. “I was so grateful that my character had to do two things that I’ve never done before because this film scared the [heck] out of me.”
The film opens in theaters on Dec. 25.
- FDA Clears the Way for 'The Little Pink Pill' Viagra for Women!
- Beverly Johnson: 'The Face That Changed It All' - EUR BOOK REVIEW
- Janelle Monáe & Wondaland Records Artists ‘Speak Up’ on #BlackLivesMatter
- #BlackLivesMatter Critic Peggy Hubbard Tells Activists to 'Bite Me'
- The Weeknd Covers Beyonce at Billboard Hot 100 Festival [Watch]
- Ohio Cop Pulls Man Over for 'Making Direct Eye Contact' (Watch)
- WATCH! Rapper Kevin Gates Viciously Kicks Woman in Chest/Facial Area
- History Making ‘Les Miserables’ Star Kyle Jean-Baptiste Dies at 21
- EUR on the Scene: Exclusive Look Inside the 2015 VMAs
- Jamaican Author Shares Her Story on Being Raped at Gunpoint; Empowers Women to Triumph Over Adversity
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here