*”Django Unchained” stars Jamie Foxx and Kerry Washington received a standing ovation at Comic-Con along with director Quentin Tarantino and other cast members after introducing a short preview clip of the film at the annual San Diego convention.
Foxx stars as Django, a slave whose history with his former owners lands him face-to-face with German-born bounty hunter Dr. King Schultz (Christoph Waltz). Schultz is on the trail of the murderous Brittle brothers, and only Django can lead him to his bounty. The unorthodox Schultz acquires Django with a promise to free him upon the capture of the Brittles – dead or alive.
Washington plays Broomhilda, the wife Django lost to the slave trade long ago. Leonardo DiCaprio, Kurt Russell and Samuel L. Jackson also star.
Foxx said of the film, “It would have been a terrible mistake to not try and hunt down this part that I think for the next 20 years will be a movie people will talk about.”
Washington said she had to learn how to speak German and ride a horse for the film. “I was so grateful that my character had to do two things that I’ve never done before because this film scared the [heck] out of me.”
The film opens in theaters on Dec. 25.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Toronto Raptors Milk ‘Hotline Bling’ During Drake Night (Video)
- Corey Morgan Charged in Brutal Killing of 9-Year-Old Tyshawn Lee
- Black Friday Fights 2015 - The Best Of...So Far (Watch)
- Traci Braxton on 'The Real' to Deny Beef with Tamar (WATCH)
- Romeo Miller Responds to Mother Suing Him with Emotional Letter
- Miss Robbie Talks Vegan Soul Food, Family Legacy and Being the Best [EUR Exclusive]
- Why?! Well Known Black Ministers Set to Meet With Trump
- PETA Offers $5K for Info On Puppies Found in Sealed Aquarium in the Woods
- Patti LaBelle Has More for Walmart; Steph Curry Buys a Mansion
- Laquan McDonald Killing Prompts Protesters to Target Black Friday Shopping Areas
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here