*Earlier this week, Star Jones suggested that CNN’s Anderson Cooper may have announced he was gay to help improve ratings for his daytime talk show, and compared the practice to Oprah Winfrey revealing that she smoked crack.
Jones made the comment as part of the “Professionals” panel on the Today show. Host Natalie Morales asked Jones, along with Donny Deutsch and Nancy Snyderman, whether it was necessary for people in the spotlight to inform the public about their sexual preferences.
Jones spoke up first and said: “I’m a little bit of a cynic.” She went on to say, “’He’s a daytime talk show host and when the rating slip in daytime, the hosts tend to tell you lots of things about them.”
“I remember Oprah said she smoked crack, Oprah said she was pregnant at 14 and considered suicide,” Jones said. “There [are] times when you generate information for ratings.”
In the 1990s, Oprah admitted on her hugely successful daytime show that she had smoked crack cocaine in her 20s while interviewing recovering addicts of the drug.
Jones, however, did compliment Cooper on his efforts if his motive was to drive ratings.
“I say, bravo, bravo,” she said. [watch below.]
Cooper came out by giving permission for friend Andrew Sullivan, who is openly gay, to print an email exchange between them on the Daily Beast. In it he said: ‘The fact is, I’m gay, always have been, always will be, and I couldn’t be any more happy, comfortable with myself, and proud.”
- Browns Suspicious Houstons Will Sneak Pic of Bobbi Kristina's Body: Report
- DIY Zen Living: Make the Most of Whatever Outdoor Space You Have
- The Wiz Casting, Bobbi Kristina, Racial Profiling App, Janet Jackson & More| BHL
- Whoa! Baltimore Sees 43 Homicides in July - A 43 Year Record for A Single Month
- Family Dynamics Cause Scare in Saturday's 'Flex & Shanice' (WATCH)
- Janet Jackson Continues Tour Rehearsal, Set to Perform at iHeartRadio Festival
- Lauryn Hill Performs Nina Simone’s ‘Feeling Good’ on ‘Fallon’ (Watch)
- Azealia Banks Shades Erykah Badu for Having Multiple Baby Daddies
- Teyonah Parris’ Hair Becomes Storyline for ‘Survivor’s Remorse’ Season 2
- Jay Z’s Roc Nation Sued for Wooing, Then, Deserting Boxer
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here