Comedian and radio personality Steve Harvey is stepping on the stage as a funny man for the last time this August in what will be his last performance.
It’ll be a chapter in his life he finally closes with its bittersweet taste. He alluded to this moment in an interview with The Augusta Chronicle in March, lamenting that sometimes in order to go to the next level, “the thing you shed is going to have to be something that you care very deeply about.”
Like EURweb on Facebook
That’s a powerful statement. And so now he’s following through with his own words and will make people laugh for the last time (well for a comic set).
His final stand will air live from Las Vegas on Pay-Per-View on Aug. 2 at 11 p.m. EST. as part of the 10th Ford Hoodie Awards.
“Celebrating this 10th anniversary is very special,” Steve said in a statement. “The Hoodie Awards is an awards show for everyday men and women, honoring them as the real stars of their neighborhoods for their beliefs, courage, and commitment pursing their dream and serving their fellow neighbors and youth. I look forward to hosting an unforgettable weekend and seeing who will take home the Hoodie Awards this year!”
The four-day event will kick off at the MGM Grand and the show will take place on Aug. 4.
- The New Trailer for Universal Pictures’ 'Steve Jobs' has Just Debuted Online [Watch]
- Jill Scott UNdefends Bill Cosby: She is Now 'Completely Disgusted'
- K. Michelle Pleads with Black Media to Leave Her Alone
- Kelly Rowland Joins 'Empire,' Talks Losing 50lbs of Baby Weight
- tWitch on Returning to ‘So You Think You Can Dance’ as a Mentor
- Wal-Mart's New 24-Hour Neighborhood Markets Pose a Scare for Trader Joe's and Others
- Bill Cosby Admitted in 2005 to Drugging Woman with Quaaludes (Report)
- Happy 116th Birthday to World’s Oldest, Susannah Mushatt Jones (Video)
- Aretha Franklin Thanks Illinois for Helping Her after Bus Broke Down
- South Carolina Senate Votes to Remove Confederate Flag from Statehouse
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here