Comedian and radio personality Steve Harvey is stepping on the stage as a funny man for the last time this August in what will be his last performance.
It’ll be a chapter in his life he finally closes with its bittersweet taste. He alluded to this moment in an interview with The Augusta Chronicle in March, lamenting that sometimes in order to go to the next level, “the thing you shed is going to have to be something that you care very deeply about.”
Like EURweb on Facebook
That’s a powerful statement. And so now he’s following through with his own words and will make people laugh for the last time (well for a comic set).
His final stand will air live from Las Vegas on Pay-Per-View on Aug. 2 at 11 p.m. EST. as part of the 10th Ford Hoodie Awards.
“Celebrating this 10th anniversary is very special,” Steve said in a statement. “The Hoodie Awards is an awards show for everyday men and women, honoring them as the real stars of their neighborhoods for their beliefs, courage, and commitment pursing their dream and serving their fellow neighbors and youth. I look forward to hosting an unforgettable weekend and seeing who will take home the Hoodie Awards this year!”
The four-day event will kick off at the MGM Grand and the show will take place on Aug. 4.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Zoo Director on Why Gorilla Was Killed and Not Tranquilized
- Activist Najee Ali Calling for Boycott of New 'Block Wars' App by The Game
- Disgraced Cop Daniel Hotlzclaw Denies Raping Poor Black Women
- First Listen: Half Mile Home's 'Thinking of Me'
- Big Boi Meme Comparing Mothers of Today & 70s Causes Black Twitter Outrage
- Eve Says She Had to 'Import' to Find Love
- Laverne Cox Responds to Her ‘Rocky Horror’ Reboot Critics
- Seniors Get In Formation for 'Lemonade,' Pittsburgh Police Resist
- Black Lives Matter Echoes the Evolution of Black Panther Party
- BLM Activist Charles Wade Charged With Pimping 17-Year-Old Girl
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here