Comedian and radio personality Steve Harvey is stepping on the stage as a funny man for the last time this August in what will be his last performance.
It’ll be a chapter in his life he finally closes with its bittersweet taste. He alluded to this moment in an interview with The Augusta Chronicle in March, lamenting that sometimes in order to go to the next level, “the thing you shed is going to have to be something that you care very deeply about.”
Like EURweb on Facebook
That’s a powerful statement. And so now he’s following through with his own words and will make people laugh for the last time (well for a comic set).
His final stand will air live from Las Vegas on Pay-Per-View on Aug. 2 at 11 p.m. EST. as part of the 10th Ford Hoodie Awards.
“Celebrating this 10th anniversary is very special,” Steve said in a statement. “The Hoodie Awards is an awards show for everyday men and women, honoring them as the real stars of their neighborhoods for their beliefs, courage, and commitment pursing their dream and serving their fellow neighbors and youth. I look forward to hosting an unforgettable weekend and seeing who will take home the Hoodie Awards this year!”
The four-day event will kick off at the MGM Grand and the show will take place on Aug. 4.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- FBI: No Evidence Orlando Gunman Omar Mateen Was Gay
- Vince Wilfork: 'Big Boned' NFL Lineman Brings the Sexy to ESPN's 'Body Issue' (PHOTOS)
- Tina Lawson Explains Why Beyonce Hated Her Wedding Dress
- Ciara, Kim Kardashian, Chrissy Teigen Cameo in Fergie’s New ‘M.I.L.F. $’ Video (Watch)
- NFL’s Jason Pierre Paul Shows Blown Up Hand in New Firework Safety PSA (Watch)
- Fugitive Shanika Minor from FBI’s Most Wanted List Caught in North Carolina Motel
- Tavis Smiley: Prince ‘Locked Himself in his Bedroom for Days' After Michael Jackson Died (Watch)
- Gabby Douglas, Simone Biles Cover Teen Vogue, Talk Body Acceptance (Video)
- Obama’s Favorites: Kendrick Lamar, Janelle Monae Set for July 4 Event at White House
- Cops Help Toss Chris Brown From Ibiza Rental Trashed With Urine and Vomit
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here