*She was able to get in “Feeling Good” and “And I Am Telling You,” but Jennifer Hudson had to cut her full set short at Boston’s televised July 4th concert with the famous Pops orchestra due to fast approaching storm clouds.
The Boston Pops Orchestra were forced to leave the stage just before Hudson could perform for a second time at the annual Charles River Esplanade event. It was not raining on the Esplanade at the time, but officials motioned to evacuate the area at the threat of lightning.
CBSBoston.com reported that some 500,000 concertgoers were told to evacuate. They were allowed back to the Esplanade after 30 minutes and the fireworks display went on as scheduled. Rehearsal footage aired during the delay.
Meanwhile, Hudson shared the below backstage photos and wished everyone a good fourth.
The concert, carried by CBS, was hosted for a second time by Emmy award-winning actor Michael Chiklis, star of “The Shield.”
- The Weeknd Covers Beyonce at Billboard Hot 100 Festival [Watch]
- Ohio Cop Pulls Man Over for 'Making Direct Eye Contact' (Watch)
- WATCH! Rapper Kevin Gates Viciously Kicks Woman in Chest/Facial Area
- History Making ‘Les Miserables’ Star Kyle Jean-Baptiste Dies at 21
- EUR on the Scene: Exclusive Look Inside the 2015 VMAs
- Jamaican Author Shares Her Story on Being Raped at Gunpoint; Empowers Women to Triumph Over Adversity
- Detroit's ZanYe Digs Deep for Ballroom with Reboot of Four Tops Classic
- Fox Gives ‘Empire’ Fans Early Prep for Season 2 with 22-Minute Featurette (WATCH)
- Chrissy Teigen and John Legend's Marriage Inspires New Sitcom
- Tyler, the Creator Banned from UK Over 'Terrorist' Lyrics
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here