*She was able to get in “Feeling Good” and “And I Am Telling You,” but Jennifer Hudson had to cut her full set short at Boston’s televised July 4th concert with the famous Pops orchestra due to fast approaching storm clouds.
The Boston Pops Orchestra were forced to leave the stage just before Hudson could perform for a second time at the annual Charles River Esplanade event. It was not raining on the Esplanade at the time, but officials motioned to evacuate the area at the threat of lightning.
CBSBoston.com reported that some 500,000 concertgoers were told to evacuate. They were allowed back to the Esplanade after 30 minutes and the fireworks display went on as scheduled. Rehearsal footage aired during the delay.
Meanwhile, Hudson shared the below backstage photos and wished everyone a good fourth.
The concert, carried by CBS, was hosted for a second time by Emmy award-winning actor Michael Chiklis, star of “The Shield.”
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- The Pulse of Entertainment: ‘The Legend of Tarzan’ Continues with the Epic Warner Bros.’ Presentation
- Kellita Smith Joins the Cast of 'In the Cut'
- FBI: No Evidence Orlando Gunman Omar Mateen Was Gay
- Vince Wilfork: 'Big Boned' NFL Lineman Brings the Sexy to ESPN's 'Body Issue' (PHOTOS)
- Tina Lawson Explains Why Beyonce Hated Her Wedding Dress
- Ciara, Kim Kardashian, Chrissy Teigen Cameo in Fergie’s New ‘M.I.L.F. $’ Video (Watch)
- NFL’s Jason Pierre Paul Shows Blown Up Hand in New Firework Safety PSA (Watch)
- Fugitive Shanika Minor from FBI’s Most Wanted List Caught in North Carolina Motel
- Tavis Smiley: Prince ‘Locked Himself in his Bedroom for Days' After Michael Jackson Died (Watch)
- Gabby Douglas, Simone Biles Cover Teen Vogue, Talk Body Acceptance (Video)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here