*She was able to get in “Feeling Good” and “And I Am Telling You,” but Jennifer Hudson had to cut her full set short at Boston’s televised July 4th concert with the famous Pops orchestra due to fast approaching storm clouds.
The Boston Pops Orchestra were forced to leave the stage just before Hudson could perform for a second time at the annual Charles River Esplanade event. It was not raining on the Esplanade at the time, but officials motioned to evacuate the area at the threat of lightning.
CBSBoston.com reported that some 500,000 concertgoers were told to evacuate. They were allowed back to the Esplanade after 30 minutes and the fireworks display went on as scheduled. Rehearsal footage aired during the delay.
Meanwhile, Hudson shared the below backstage photos and wished everyone a good fourth.
The concert, carried by CBS, was hosted for a second time by Emmy award-winning actor Michael Chiklis, star of “The Shield.”
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Business Owners Combine To Launch Innovative Approach to 'Buy Black' Movement
- 2 Chainz’s #IsThisYoThot? Lawsuit Thrown Out by Judge
- Daniel ‘Boobie’ Gibson Reacts to Keyshia Cole’s Engagement Tweet (Pic)
- Photo of Dog With Mouth Taped Shut on Facebook, Leads to Arrest of NC Woman
- Donovan McNabb Begins 18-Day Jail Sentence in Arizona
- If You Missed it, Here's the Soul Train Awards Babyface Tribute (WATCH)
- 50 Cent Still Hasn’t Paid $7M Judgment to Rick Ross’ Baby Mother
- Chicago Mayor Rahm Emanuel Fires Police Supt. Garry McCarthy
- Taraji P. Henson, Janelle Monae, Laila Ali Join Alicia Keys Charity as Ambassadors
- Lark Voorhies Reveals Instagram Account was Hacked
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here