*She was able to get in “Feeling Good” and “And I Am Telling You,” but Jennifer Hudson had to cut her full set short at Boston’s televised July 4th concert with the famous Pops orchestra due to fast approaching storm clouds.
The Boston Pops Orchestra were forced to leave the stage just before Hudson could perform for a second time at the annual Charles River Esplanade event. It was not raining on the Esplanade at the time, but officials motioned to evacuate the area at the threat of lightning.
CBSBoston.com reported that some 500,000 concertgoers were told to evacuate. They were allowed back to the Esplanade after 30 minutes and the fireworks display went on as scheduled. Rehearsal footage aired during the delay.
Meanwhile, Hudson shared the below backstage photos and wished everyone a good fourth.
The concert, carried by CBS, was hosted for a second time by Emmy award-winning actor Michael Chiklis, star of “The Shield.”
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Dr. Dre Wants 'Beats and Rhymes' Tour with Snoop, Eminem, Kendrick
- Lamar Odom Found Unconscious at Nevada Brothel; Doesn't Look Good: Report
- Najee Alli, NAN Pressure USC to Consider Hiring Black Coach
- [Watch] Teaser Trailer for Jesse Owens Biopic 'Race'
- Danny Sapani Plays ‘Berber the Moor’ in FX’s Drama 'Bastard Executioner'
- Tamera Mowry-Housely Has 'Goosebumps!' (Photos)
- Chris Bosh and Wife Adrienne Expecting Twins
- President Obama Crashes Wedding at San Diego Golf Course (Watch)
- Taraji P. Henson Slays November Cover of Essence
- Suge Knight Sneaks Birthday Message to Son During Court (Watch)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here