If you saw Curry’s emotional speech last week, announcing her departure, it seemed quite obvious that she was not planning on this. She was quite tearful. But sources say ratings have been slumping for some time and the network needed to make some changes.
Others say, however, the real reason she’s outta there is because her co-host, Matt Lauer didn’t like her.
This could be true if you check out her body language after he kisses her during her speech. Word is that when Lauer negotiated his contract for the new year for $25 million, an absolute provision was that Curry needed to be out the picture.
Like EURweb on Facebook
Currently taking Curry’s place is Savannah Guthrie, whose been called “blander than oatmeal,” but who can get the job done. Guthrie was the 9am hour co-host of “Today” with Al Roker.
But who will replace Guthrie? All bets are on Tamron Hall to partner with Roker. However, she’ll keep her daily afternoon MSNBC show “NewsNation.”
- 'Meet the Celebrities on Your Own Terms' in Upcoming Workshop for Aspiring Writers (Photos!)
- Neighbors Complain Kardashians Wasting Water During Drought
- Will Packer Marries Longtime Love in Surprise Atlanta Wedding
- Phoenix Mother Allegedly Drowns Twin Boys Because 'No One Loved Them'
- How ABC Wooed Tyra Banks Back Into Daytime with 'FABLife'
- Amber Rose, Blac Chyna Twerk in Uber En Route to VMAs (Watch)
- Trick Daddy Files for Bankruptcy Amid Child Support Bills
- MTV Wants Kanye West to Host 2016 Video Music Awards (Report)
- Iowa Poll: Ben Carson Suddenly In a Tie With Donald Trump
- DC’s NFL Team: RG3 Demoted; DeSean Jackson Pisses Off Women
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here