If you saw Curry’s emotional speech last week, announcing her departure, it seemed quite obvious that she was not planning on this. She was quite tearful. But sources say ratings have been slumping for some time and the network needed to make some changes.
Others say, however, the real reason she’s outta there is because her co-host, Matt Lauer didn’t like her.
This could be true if you check out her body language after he kisses her during her speech. Word is that when Lauer negotiated his contract for the new year for $25 million, an absolute provision was that Curry needed to be out the picture.
Like EURweb on Facebook
Currently taking Curry’s place is Savannah Guthrie, whose been called “blander than oatmeal,” but who can get the job done. Guthrie was the 9am hour co-host of “Today” with Al Roker.
But who will replace Guthrie? All bets are on Tamron Hall to partner with Roker. However, she’ll keep her daily afternoon MSNBC show “NewsNation.”
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- NYPD’s Top Cop on T.I. Concert Shooting: Rappers are ‘Basically Thugs’
- Memphis Principal's Response to Criticism of School's Handling of Student Shooting Goes Viral
- Oprah Winfrey, Audra McDonald, Patina Miller to Present at Tonys
- Chad Coleman Supports ‘Wire’ Costar Wendell Pierce Amid Battery Allegation
- NFL Vet Hines Ward Joins CNN, HLN as Sports Contributor
- Who Wore it Best? Rihanna vs. Julia Roberts
- Inside The Obamas’ Rumored D.C. Rental Home After Presidency (Pics)
- Ohio Detectives Caught on Tape Calling Trayvon Martin N-Word
- Kim & Kanye Threaten Former Bodyguard with $10M Lawsuit
- The Weeknd, Belly Nix ‘Kimmel’ Performance Over Donald Trump Appearance
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here