If you saw Curry’s emotional speech last week, announcing her departure, it seemed quite obvious that she was not planning on this. She was quite tearful. But sources say ratings have been slumping for some time and the network needed to make some changes.
Others say, however, the real reason she’s outta there is because her co-host, Matt Lauer didn’t like her.
This could be true if you check out her body language after he kisses her during her speech. Word is that when Lauer negotiated his contract for the new year for $25 million, an absolute provision was that Curry needed to be out the picture.
Like EURweb on Facebook
Currently taking Curry’s place is Savannah Guthrie, whose been called “blander than oatmeal,” but who can get the job done. Guthrie was the 9am hour co-host of “Today” with Al Roker.
But who will replace Guthrie? All bets are on Tamron Hall to partner with Roker. However, she’ll keep her daily afternoon MSNBC show “NewsNation.”
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Chris Brown Snatches Phone Away From Woman Recording Him (Watch)
- Malia Obama to Intern This Summer at U.S. Embassy in Spain
- Usher’s ‘Don’t Trump America’ Shirt from BET Awards Now On Sale
- Lil Wayne’s Prison Memoir ‘Gone Til November’ Finally Due in October
- Dollywood's 'World's Fastest Wooden Coaster' is Slowed due to Recall
- Be Someone Partners W/ Police for Brains Before Bullets
- THE (06-30-16) EURweb Free-4-All Page
- Music Exec Salutes Billy Paul & Luther Vandross
- Before Muhammad Ali's Death, Son Says 'Evil Stepmom' Kept Him Prisoner
- Iggy Azalea Dumped Nick Young Because He Impregnated His Ex
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here