If you saw Curry’s emotional speech last week, announcing her departure, it seemed quite obvious that she was not planning on this. She was quite tearful. But sources say ratings have been slumping for some time and the network needed to make some changes.
Others say, however, the real reason she’s outta there is because her co-host, Matt Lauer didn’t like her.
This could be true if you check out her body language after he kisses her during her speech. Word is that when Lauer negotiated his contract for the new year for $25 million, an absolute provision was that Curry needed to be out the picture.
Like EURweb on Facebook
Currently taking Curry’s place is Savannah Guthrie, whose been called “blander than oatmeal,” but who can get the job done. Guthrie was the 9am hour co-host of “Today” with Al Roker.
But who will replace Guthrie? All bets are on Tamron Hall to partner with Roker. However, she’ll keep her daily afternoon MSNBC show “NewsNation.”
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Keke Wyatt's Emotional Cover of Prince’s ‘Diamonds and Pearls’ (Watch)
- Al Sharpton Rips Larry Wilmore’s ‘My N**ga’ Salute to Obama (Watch)
- Justin Lin in Talks to Direct Lebron James in 'Space Jam 2'
- New Daytime Talk Show ‘The Preachers’ to Get Summer Test Run (Video)
- Oprah Winfrey to Star in HBO Films' ‘Immortal Life of Henrietta Lacks’
- Kerry Washington Pregnant With Second Child
- Steve Harvey’s Twin Daughters to Co-Host ‘Twin Hour’ Episode (Clip)
- Jay Z, Blue Ivy Do the Kid-N-Play Dance at Beyonce’s Formation Tour (Watch)
- Helen Mirren Rocks Purple Dress and Prince Tattoo at WHCD (Pics)
- Man Who Claims He Owns Entire Prince Catalog Challenged by Estate
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here