Through its trials and tribulations, the Church has stood its ground as a social and spiritual resource for African American communities. Yet, with these acknowledgments comes the question of what exactly the Black Church should look like in the twenty-first century.
In his book, “Standing True to Our God? A Young, Evangelical’s Perspective on Reformation in the Black Church,” J. L. Moore highlights several examples of how facets of the modern black church experience are not reflecting the teachings of Christ and His apostles. In the spirit of love and appreciation for the Black Church in America, he implores African American Christians to strongly consider the need for biblical reformation in five crucial areas
Read more at BlackNews.com.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Faith Evans, Eric Benet, Aloe Blacc Added to Prince Tribute in L.A.
- Adele Stops Her Concert to Praise Beyonce; Calls Her ‘Jesus F***ing Christ’ (Watch)
- Why You Suddenly Heard Prince Music on ‘Grey’s Anatomy’ and ‘Scandal’
- 7-Year-Old Girl Wins Handwriting Competition With No Hands
- Blac Chyna, Rob Kardashian Confirm Pregnancy with Baby Bump Emoji
- Elise Neal, Eriq LaSalle Join Hugh Jackman in ‘Wolverine 3’
- La La Anthony, Monica Calhoun, Yvette Nicole Brown Join BET’s 'New Edition: The Movie'
- DJ Kool Herc Sues HBO’s ‘Vinyl’ for Using His Identity
- Stacii Jae Johnson Writes the Book on Dating Lots of Men
- Former ‘American Idol’ Finalist Rickey Smith Killed in Car Accident
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here