Through its trials and tribulations, the Church has stood its ground as a social and spiritual resource for African American communities. Yet, with these acknowledgments comes the question of what exactly the Black Church should look like in the twenty-first century.
In his book, “Standing True to Our God? A Young, Evangelical’s Perspective on Reformation in the Black Church,” J. L. Moore highlights several examples of how facets of the modern black church experience are not reflecting the teachings of Christ and His apostles. In the spirit of love and appreciation for the Black Church in America, he implores African American Christians to strongly consider the need for biblical reformation in five crucial areas
Read more at BlackNews.com.
- Holy Crap! My House is On Fire...I'd Better Grab My Spareribs! (Video)
- Maya Angelou’s Art Collection Heading to Auction
- 18-Year-Old Forgives Rapper Kevin Gates for Kicking Her (WATCH)
- D'Angelo Speaks on His Iconic 'Untitled' Video with Tavis Smiley (WATCH)
- Hot Mess! McDonald's Worker Pulled Out of Drive-Thru Window (WATCH)
- VH1 Preps Viewers for What’s to Come with ‘Stevie & Joseline’ Teaser
- Black Lives Matter Members React to Fox News with Love
- Fellas Define Feminism At MTV VMAs (Watch)
- Ten Years After Hurricane Katrina: Changing Hearts, Minds and Systems in New Orleans
- Eunice Moseley Featured Expert in Dr. Logan Westbrooks’ ‘The Anatomy of the Music Industry’
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here