*Sherman Hemsley, best known for his iconic TV character George Jefferson on “The Jeffersons,” has died at his home in El Paso, Texas, police tell TMZ. He was 74.
At press time, it was unclear how he died.
Hemsley first became famous through guest appearances on “All in the Family.” He starred in the spin-off, “The Jeffersons,” and went on to lead the NBC series “Amen.” He was also a singer, releasing the 1989 single, “Ain’t that A Kick in the Head.”
Hemsley had no wife and no kids.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Coalition of Police Officers Support Beyoncé’ & Formation Music Video
- Must See! Barack and Michelle's Valentine's Day Greetings to Each Other (WATCH)
- Tina Campbell Calls Husband's Cheating Scandal 'Empowering'
- Regina King Talks ‘American Crime’ and Andre 3000
- Ciara Admits Struggle to Abstain From Sex With Russell Wilson
- Cam Newton Posts Pic of Baby Son Chosen
- Idris Elba Lands Romantic Drama; Samuel L. Jackson Pursues ‘Revival’ Role
- Cam Newton Posts Heartfelt Message to his Supporters
- Beyonce Backlash, Cam Newton Criticized, Black Panther Party Documentary & More! | BHL's This Week
- The Deya Direct Podcast: What is a Man Whisperer?
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here