*Sherman Hemsley, best known for his iconic TV character George Jefferson on “The Jeffersons,” has died at his home in El Paso, Texas, police tell TMZ. He was 74.
At press time, it was unclear how he died.
Hemsley first became famous through guest appearances on “All in the Family.” He starred in the spin-off, “The Jeffersons,” and went on to lead the NBC series “Amen.” He was also a singer, releasing the 1989 single, “Ain’t that A Kick in the Head.”
Hemsley had no wife and no kids.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- 'Presenting Princess Shaw' Film Review + Trailer [WATCH]
- Motown Gospel Presents 1 Mic 1 Take [email protected] Studios
- Khloe Kardashian Doesn't Believe in Divorce, Still Getting One Anyway
- Ex-Cop Sues NYPD for $100M Over Abusive Boss & Former Lover
- 'Roots' Star Anika Noni Rose: 'We Need To Hear About Our Holocaust' [EUR Exclusive]
- Kelly Rowland Talks Beyonce, Being 'Psycho' Mom, Her Mother's Death (Watch)
- Are Micro-credentials the Next Best Thing for a CV? (Infographic)
- Tamar Braxton Fired, BET Award Nominations, Madonna Prince Tribute and More! | BHL's This Week
- TV One Renews Docu-Series 'Rickey Smiley For Real'
- NBAer Richard Jefferson’s Reckless Spending Caused Loss of Millions: Ex-Manager
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here