*Sherman Hemsley, best known for his iconic TV character George Jefferson on “The Jeffersons,” has died at his home in El Paso, Texas, police tell TMZ. He was 74.
At press time, it was unclear how he died.
Hemsley first became famous through guest appearances on “All in the Family.” He starred in the spin-off, “The Jeffersons,” and went on to lead the NBC series “Amen.” He was also a singer, releasing the 1989 single, “Ain’t that A Kick in the Head.”
Hemsley had no wife and no kids.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- EURweb.com Partners with Blackmon Entertainment Media on Exclusive New Media Licensing Deal
- It's GAME Time! Says Fashion Accessory Brand, Sprayground
- Trump Takes GOP Nomination; Will Black America Listen to His Presidential Plan? (Video)
- Afrika Bambaataa Now Accused of Molesting Hundreds of Boys
- Prince Offered to Mentor Chris Brown After Rihanna Incident
- OWN Staff Blindsided by Exit of Oprah’s Longtime Confident Sheri Salata (Report)
- FoxNews.Com Pulls Comment Section of Malia Obama Story After Racists Take Over
- Pres. Obama Drinks Filtered Flint Water to Show It's Safe (Watch)
- Blake Shelton Curses Out Beyonce’s Country Haters (Watch)
- Report: Janet Jackson Pregnant With First Child at Nearly 50
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here