*Sherman Hemsley, best known for his iconic TV character George Jefferson on “The Jeffersons,” has died at his home in El Paso, Texas, police tell TMZ. He was 74.
At press time, it was unclear how he died.
Hemsley first became famous through guest appearances on “All in the Family.” He starred in the spin-off, “The Jeffersons,” and went on to lead the NBC series “Amen.” He was also a singer, releasing the 1989 single, “Ain’t that A Kick in the Head.”
Hemsley had no wife and no kids.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Frank Ocean Pens Open Letter On Orlando Massacre
- Steve Harvey’s Mentorship Program Empowers 220 Fatherless Males
- Michelle Obama and Daughters Sasha, Malia Head to Africa
- The Story Behind Jill Scott's Surprise Marriage (VIDEOS)
- We Remember: Celebrity Photographer Bill Jones Dies at 83
- Zoe Saldana to 'Nina' Critics: 'Don’t Address Me with Such Disdain'
- Serena Williams Confesses She Was Sore After Twerking For Beyonce
- 'Natural' Black Bride Goes Viral - The Game Taunts Chris Brown
- Glam-Horror 'The Neon Demon' is a 'Celebration of Narcissism'
- Óscar Jaenada Says 'The Shallows' Set to 'Become A Classic’ [EUR Exclusive]
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here