*The second annual 2012 Skoole Awards will be presented on August 4, 2012, at the Marriott Hotel, Marina Del Rey, California – it was announced today by awards founder and entrepreneur Cornelius Grant.
Honorees for this year’s annual celebration of the achievements of Old School contributors to the music and entertainment worlds will include Regina Jones, founder and publisher of Soul Magazine; Wally Roker, original member of the Heartbeats and original promotion man at Scepter Records; and David Harrison Levi, cancer awareness champion to the entertainment industry.
The first presenters named for the star studded event are Paul Williams Jr. and David Ruffin Jr. (sons of the famed original members of The Temptations).
Entertainment for the night will be provided by jazz icon Barbara Morrison, accompanied by the 18 piece Barbara Morrison Performing Arts Center (BMPAC) orchestra, conducted by John Daniel Stephens. Other surprise guests are slated to perform as well.
About The Skoole Awards
The genesis of the Skoole Awards came as original member of the Temptations, guitar/writer/conductor Cornelius Grant became increasingly aware of how many old school entertainers have been lost in the mist of time and all but forgotten. Determined to change that, he partnered once again with his long-time collaborator, Ruth Adkins Robinson to produce and write the awards.
Tickets may be purchased at www.TicketstoSkooleAwards.com, and CorneliusGrant.com. Tickets: Individual Dinner tickets $75 USD; Tables of 10: $650.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Dencia Drags MLK into Skin Whitening War with LisaRaye (WATCH)
- Is Jada Pinkett Smith on Her Way Back to ‘Gotham’?
- Judge Gives 20 Min Speech to Racist Cop Caught Beating Unarmed Black Man (Watch)
- Kalenna, Star of 'Love and Hip Hop' to Mingle With Fans
- The Case of Bobbi Kristina Brown 'Still Open and Under Investigation'
- Beyonce Drops 'Formation' A New Song & Video (Watch)
- TV One Boldly Launches New Brand Identity 'Represent'
- Bounce TV's Black History Month Tributes a Stirring Line-up
- Pantene Enlists NFL Players for Dad and Daughter Hair Campaign [WATCH]
- The Complete List of Winners from the 47th NAACP Image Awards
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here