*The second annual 2012 Skoole Awards will be presented on August 4, 2012, at the Marriott Hotel, Marina Del Rey, California – it was announced today by awards founder and entrepreneur Cornelius Grant.
Honorees for this year’s annual celebration of the achievements of Old School contributors to the music and entertainment worlds will include Regina Jones, founder and publisher of Soul Magazine; Wally Roker, original member of the Heartbeats and original promotion man at Scepter Records; and David Harrison Levi, cancer awareness champion to the entertainment industry.
The first presenters named for the star studded event are Paul Williams Jr. and David Ruffin Jr. (sons of the famed original members of The Temptations).
Entertainment for the night will be provided by jazz icon Barbara Morrison, accompanied by the 18 piece Barbara Morrison Performing Arts Center (BMPAC) orchestra, conducted by John Daniel Stephens. Other surprise guests are slated to perform as well.
About The Skoole Awards
The genesis of the Skoole Awards came as original member of the Temptations, guitar/writer/conductor Cornelius Grant became increasingly aware of how many old school entertainers have been lost in the mist of time and all but forgotten. Determined to change that, he partnered once again with his long-time collaborator, Ruth Adkins Robinson to produce and write the awards.
Tickets may be purchased at www.TicketstoSkooleAwards.com, and CorneliusGrant.com. Tickets: Individual Dinner tickets $75 USD; Tables of 10: $650.
- The New Trailer for Universal Pictures’ 'Steve Jobs' has Just Debuted Online [Watch]
- Jill Scott UNdefends Bill Cosby: She is Now 'Completely Disgusted'
- K. Michelle Pleads with Black Media to Leave Her Alone
- Kelly Rowland Joins 'Empire,' Talks Losing 50lbs of Baby Weight
- tWitch on Returning to ‘So You Think You Can Dance’ as a Mentor
- Wal-Mart's New 24-Hour Neighborhood Markets Pose a Scare for Trader Joe's and Others
- Bill Cosby Admitted in 2005 to Drugging Woman with Quaaludes (Report)
- Happy 116th Birthday to World’s Oldest, Susannah Mushatt Jones (Video)
- Aretha Franklin Thanks Illinois for Helping Her after Bus Broke Down
- South Carolina Senate Votes to Remove Confederate Flag from Statehouse
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here