*Following a weekend marathon of Season 1 and Season 2 of “The Walking Dead,” AMC treated fans to a sneak peek of Season 3 – which highlighted new black character Michonne, played by Danai Gurira.
In the clip, which premiered Sunday night on “The Walking Dead’s” after-show “The Talking Dead,” Michonne – a samurai-sword-wielding, zombie-killer – is shown decapitating three zombies in an abandoned drug store before picking up some packets of aspirin. [Watch below.]
Also revealed during a call from co-star Chandler Riggs (Carl): Rick’s young son is going to the dark side and will be “more of a soldier.” “No more ‘stay in the house!'” Riggs told the “Talking Dead” audience.
As for the group’s arrival at the prison, which was first seen in the final moments of Season 2, Kirkman said the band of survivors see it as “a sign of hope.” (Just don’t count on it going well once they arrive.)
Below, watch the Michonne clip as well as an interview with co-executive producer and special effects artist Greg Nicotero discussing the new breed of zombies in store for Season 3. “The Walking Dead” returns on October 25.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- THE (11-27-15) EURweb Free-4-All Page
- R&B Soul Jazz Singer Kenya Covers 'Little Drummer Boy' (Listen)
- T-Pain to Larry King on Why He's 'Done with Making Hits!’
- Erykah Badu on Azealia Banks Beef: 'We Can Spiral Out of Control With Style'
- ‘Creed’ Dir. Ryan Coogler Pays Tribute to His Father in 'Rocky' Spin-Off
- Black Fox News Co-Host Asked if She 'Makes Kool-Aid' (WATCH)
- President Obama's Statement Regarding Laquan McDonald Murder
- Dr. Rapp: Enjoy Patti's Pie, Avoid Fatti's Pounds
- Nick Canon Talks 'Chi-Raq' & Calls Nicki Minaj A THOT?!
- One Year Since His Death, Tamir Rice's Mother Still Seeking Justice
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here