*Following a weekend marathon of Season 1 and Season 2 of “The Walking Dead,” AMC treated fans to a sneak peek of Season 3 – which highlighted new black character Michonne, played by Danai Gurira.
In the clip, which premiered Sunday night on “The Walking Dead’s” after-show “The Talking Dead,” Michonne – a samurai-sword-wielding, zombie-killer – is shown decapitating three zombies in an abandoned drug store before picking up some packets of aspirin. [Watch below.]
Also revealed during a call from co-star Chandler Riggs (Carl): Rick’s young son is going to the dark side and will be “more of a soldier.” “No more ‘stay in the house!'” Riggs told the “Talking Dead” audience.
As for the group’s arrival at the prison, which was first seen in the final moments of Season 2, Kirkman said the band of survivors see it as “a sign of hope.” (Just don’t count on it going well once they arrive.)
Below, watch the Michonne clip as well as an interview with co-executive producer and special effects artist Greg Nicotero discussing the new breed of zombies in store for Season 3. “The Walking Dead” returns on October 25.
- S.C. Legislature Has Votes to Remove Confederate Flag; KKK to Rally at Statehouse
- NBC Wants Minority Host to Replace Trump on ‘Celebrity Apprentice’?
- Seahawks WR Doug Baldwin Goes Viral with Anti-Confederate Flag Post
- Report: Tyga Fails to Pay 50K Offered to Squash Underage Sexual Battery Lawsuit
- Lee Daniels Signs Overall Deal with 20th Century Fox TV
- Brittney Griner’s Ex Glory Johnson Reveals She’s Having Twins
- NBC Fires Donald Trump Over Racist Comments
- Rich Homie Quan Bails from BET Awards Over Stage Demotion
- Cameron Turner: More White Folks Need to Listen To Us
- Female EMT 'Fired' for Refusal to Support Baby in Distress (Child Dies)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here