*Following a weekend marathon of Season 1 and Season 2 of “The Walking Dead,” AMC treated fans to a sneak peek of Season 3 – which highlighted new black character Michonne, played by Danai Gurira.
In the clip, which premiered Sunday night on “The Walking Dead’s” after-show “The Talking Dead,” Michonne – a samurai-sword-wielding, zombie-killer – is shown decapitating three zombies in an abandoned drug store before picking up some packets of aspirin. [Watch below.]
Also revealed during a call from co-star Chandler Riggs (Carl): Rick’s young son is going to the dark side and will be “more of a soldier.” “No more ‘stay in the house!'” Riggs told the “Talking Dead” audience.
As for the group’s arrival at the prison, which was first seen in the final moments of Season 2, Kirkman said the band of survivors see it as “a sign of hope.” (Just don’t count on it going well once they arrive.)
Below, watch the Michonne clip as well as an interview with co-executive producer and special effects artist Greg Nicotero discussing the new breed of zombies in store for Season 3. “The Walking Dead” returns on October 25.
- WATCH! Rapper Kevin Gates Viciously Kicks Woman in Chest/Facial Area
- History Making ‘Les Miserables’ Star Kyle Jean-Baptiste Dies at 21
- EUR on the Scene: Exclusive Look Inside the 2015 VMAs
- Jamaican Author Shares Her Story on Being Raped at Gunpoint; Empowers Women to Triumph Over Adversity
- Detroit's ZanYe Digs Deep for Ballroom with Reboot of Four Tops Classic
- Fox Gives ‘Empire’ Fans Early Prep for Season 2 with 22-Minute Featurette (WATCH)
- Chrissy Teigen and John Legend's Marriage Inspires New Sitcom
- Tyler, the Creator Banned from UK Over 'Terrorist' Lyrics
- Shannon J. Miles Arrested As Suspect in Killing of Texas Deputy
- Nicole Murphy Addresses Nick Cannon Dating Rumors
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here