*Following a weekend marathon of Season 1 and Season 2 of “The Walking Dead,” AMC treated fans to a sneak peek of Season 3 – which highlighted new black character Michonne, played by Danai Gurira.
In the clip, which premiered Sunday night on “The Walking Dead’s” after-show “The Talking Dead,” Michonne – a samurai-sword-wielding, zombie-killer – is shown decapitating three zombies in an abandoned drug store before picking up some packets of aspirin. [Watch below.]
Also revealed during a call from co-star Chandler Riggs (Carl): Rick’s young son is going to the dark side and will be “more of a soldier.” “No more ‘stay in the house!'” Riggs told the “Talking Dead” audience.
As for the group’s arrival at the prison, which was first seen in the final moments of Season 2, Kirkman said the band of survivors see it as “a sign of hope.” (Just don’t count on it going well once they arrive.)
Below, watch the Michonne clip as well as an interview with co-executive producer and special effects artist Greg Nicotero discussing the new breed of zombies in store for Season 3. “The Walking Dead” returns on October 25.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- THE (02-09-16) EURweb Free-4-All Page
- Ray J Issues Goes Legal on Ex-Business Partner Over Past Kim K Drama
- Beyoncé's Rep Responds to 'B.E.A.T.' Filmmakers 'Credit' Controversy
- What Should Society Do With An 11-Year-Old Murderer?
- Is This the REAL Reason Cam Walked Out of Press Conference? (WATCH)
- Misty Copeland's ‘Ballerina’s Tale’ Also Highlights the #BalletSoWhite Issue
- Ava DuVernay Being Courted to Direct Two Feature Films
- Taraji P. Henson Blames Coldplay/Maroon 5 Mixup on Her Friends (Watch)
- Gil Robertson: The 'African American Film Critics Association Awards' Interview with Kam Williams
- Flavor Flav Pleads No Contest in Vegas DUI Case
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here