That’s a question that will be answered in the coming days, weeks and months. The thought that it could affect the studios ‘ and theater owner’s bottom lines must be chilling to them.
In the meantime, Deadline reports that theaters and municipalities around the country are tightening security precautions in the wake of the shootings.
AMC Theatres said it is reinforcing its security procedures in the wake of today’s shooting in Colorado. The company will not let any guests into theaters “in costumes that make other guests feel uncomfortable and we will not permit face-covering masks or fake weapons inside our buildings”. Said the chain: “We’re reinforcing our security procedures with our theatre teams, which we cannot discuss in detail for obvious, safety reasons.
Local law enforcement agencies, our landlords and their and our local security teams are stepping up nationwide to ensure we provide the safest environment possible for our guests. We couldn’t be more grateful for their collective support.” AMC said it is not amending any screening schedule for The Dark Knight Rises but it will exchange or refund tickets for the Warner Bros movie.
Expect to see a lot of blue shirts out tonight at theaters showing The Dark Knight Rises. Police and theater chains nationwide are tightening up security in the aftermath of the shooting at a midnight screening of Warner Bros latest Batman movie. “We will be beefing up patrols units in areas around movie theatres and we will have undercover officers out there too,” an LAPD spokesperson told Deadline today.
Officers in the Hollywood Division of the LAPD will be checking the perimeters and emergency exits of the theatres as well as being stationed in the front of some cinemas.
The Colorado gunman came in through an emergency exit at the theater in Aurora. “We intend to be a visible presence,” one officer said to Deadline.
Read/learn more at Deadline.
- 'Selfish' Kardashians Being Sued Over Disruptive Fireworks Show
- Who T-Pain, Vic Mensa & A$AP Rocky Wanna Collab With (WATCH)
- Lorraine Toussaint Talks Playing Morris Chestnut’s Mama on ‘Rosewood’
- O.J. Simpson Fuming: Women Have Stopped Sending Him Commissary Money
- Gospel Sensation Naomi B Releases New Single, ‘Break Free’ (LISTEN)
- White Police Chief Gets Home Detention for Killing Unarmed Black Man
- Casting Complete for Brandy’s New BET Series ‘Zoe Ever After’
- Rosie O’Donnell Checks Elisabeth Hasselbeck for Calling #BlackLivesMatter a Hate Group
- Perspective on Harris Co. Deputy's Death by Project 21 Member Who Served with Him
- RHOA Fight: Cynthia Bailey Kicked Porsha Williams in the Stomach (Report)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here