*Nickelodeon has ordered the multi-camera comedy pilots “Instant Mom,” which has Tia Mowry in negotiations to star for its nighttime channel Nick at Nite that targets adult/adolescent viewers.
The show, from Aaron Kaplan’s Kapital Entertainment, was written by Warren Bell and Jessica Butler – and loosely based on their real life, reports Deadline.com. It centers on a 25-year-old party girl (Mowry) who trades in cosmos for carpools when she marries an older man with kids.
Bell, Butler and Kaplan executive produce the project, which intends to cast an all-black family, according to Deadline.
The series would mark Tia’s first scripted comedy after recently leaving BET’s “The Game,” where she co-starred for five seasons. She currently stars with her twin sister Tamera in the Style reality series “Tia & Tamera.”
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- For the Brothas: Nadkins ... Wet Naps For Your ... You Know
- Zendaya on Her Fears, the 'New Cool' and Obsessive Photoshopping
- Civil Rights Leaders Call for 'Lunch Out' of Pre Oscar Ceremony Luncheon
- James Franco to Direct ‘Zola Tells All’ Based on Stripper Twitter Saga
- James Brown Previews Super Bowl Pregame Show: 'It's Only 4 Hrs As Opposed to 7'
- Jill Scott Wins Big at 47th Annual NAACP Image Awards
- Kim & Kanye Fought Over Wiz Khalifa Rant and Wendy Williams Dis?
- 47th NAACP Image Awards Announces Winners of Non-Televised Categories
- Filmmakers Say 'Kung Fu Panda 3' is 'Perfect Premise For Creating Comedy' [EUR Exclusive]
- Ne-Yo’s Ex-Fiance Moyetta Shaw Posts Pics With New Millionaire Man
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here