*The impromptu memorial to slain teenager Trayvon Martin has been moved from its location to a local museum, where the items will being preserved, the city of Sanford, Florida, announced Monday.
After consultations with Martin’s family, city staff members removed the items from the entrance of the subdivision where Martin was shot in February during a confrontation with neighborhood watch volunteer George Zimmerman, City Manager Norton Bonaparte’s office said.
Zimmerman, 28, was released from jail Friday after posting bond on a second-degree murder charge. He has said he shot Martin in self-defense after Martin assaulted him.
The city workers moved the objects to the Sanford Museum on Monday afternoon, the announcement said.
“All the items retrieved have been carefully handled and inventoried,” it said.
The announcement listed all the objects moved to the museum:
- One large wood cross, 58 inches tall, painted white with American flag on the top and photo of Trayvon Martin on one side.
- One wood cross, 36 inches tall, painted white, with the words “Justice for All” in black on one side.
- One string of silver plastic beads with a heart.
- One ceramic angel.
- One ceramic cross.
- One wood and metal heart.
- Three standard size footballs, one small football.
- One Styrofoam cross with blue artificial flowers.
- Several wreaths with artificial flowers and many loose artificial flowers.
- Two small American flags.
- One green balloon weight with yellow artificial flowers.
- Two Mickey Mouse balloon weights.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- THE (11-26-15) EURweb Free-4-All Page
- (Listen) ‘The Meaning of Life, Explained By 3rd Graders’ is Brilliant and On Point!
- Nivea Dishes about Her Feelings on Lil Wayne, Christina Milian (Watch)
- Akon and His Mother Owes $36K for Pimped Out Mansion
- Khloe Kardashian Not Spending Thanksgiving With Lamar Odom
- Gonna Fly Now: ‘Creed’ Sets Pre-Thanksgiving Record with $1.4M Box Office
- Black Student Criticizes WWU For Ignoring Racist Threats Against Her
- EUR on Set with 'Rosewood's' Morris Chestnut & Taye Diggs WATCH)
- Greg Hardy Cancels Thanksgiving Nightclub Gig Over ‘Public Image’?
- South African Girl in Chris Rock’s Family Here On ‘Visitor Visa’
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here