*The impromptu memorial to slain teenager Trayvon Martin has been moved from its location to a local museum, where the items will being preserved, the city of Sanford, Florida, announced Monday.
After consultations with Martin’s family, city staff members removed the items from the entrance of the subdivision where Martin was shot in February during a confrontation with neighborhood watch volunteer George Zimmerman, City Manager Norton Bonaparte’s office said.
Zimmerman, 28, was released from jail Friday after posting bond on a second-degree murder charge. He has said he shot Martin in self-defense after Martin assaulted him.
The city workers moved the objects to the Sanford Museum on Monday afternoon, the announcement said.
“All the items retrieved have been carefully handled and inventoried,” it said.
The announcement listed all the objects moved to the museum:
- One large wood cross, 58 inches tall, painted white with American flag on the top and photo of Trayvon Martin on one side.
- One wood cross, 36 inches tall, painted white, with the words “Justice for All” in black on one side.
- One string of silver plastic beads with a heart.
- One ceramic angel.
- One ceramic cross.
- One wood and metal heart.
- Three standard size footballs, one small football.
- One Styrofoam cross with blue artificial flowers.
- Several wreaths with artificial flowers and many loose artificial flowers.
- Two small American flags.
- One green balloon weight with yellow artificial flowers.
- Two Mickey Mouse balloon weights.
- Donald Trump: Obama Blew it for Future Black President Hopefuls
- The Socialist's Journal: The Value of Lives (Cecil the Lion)
- Min. Paul Scott/Straight Outta Con Man: Exposin’ the Truth About NWA
- 'Straight Outta Compton' Cast Talks' Straight Outta Compton' (Watch)
- Karen Clark Sheard Drops Highly Anticipated New Release 'Destined to Win'
- THE (08-04-15) EURweb Free-4-All Page/Board
- Raynette Turner's Death Leads to Probe by State Appointed Special Prosecutor
- Snoop Dogg Has Over $200K Seized at Italian Airport
- ‘Straight Outta Compton’: The Most Important Film of the Year
- Bobbi Kristina and Whitney: Reunited in Death; Buried Side by Side
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here