New findings released today as part of the Trojan® Charged™ Sex Life Survey found that while two-thirds of Americans (18 and over) are satisfied with their sex life, one in two (50 percent) feel their sex life needs a jump start.
While Americans are claiming they are having more sex (151 times a year / 2.9 times a week) compared to 2011 (120 times a year / 2.3 times a week), sexual satisfaction is on the decline, with 67 percent of Americans claiming to be satisfied with their sex life in 2012 versus 76 percent in 2011. There’s room for improvement and Americans are looking for ways to charge things up under the sheets, with nearly 81 percent looking for ways of making their sex life more exciting.
Innovating for a Charged Sex Life
- One in two (50 percent) Americans feel their sex life needs a jump start
- Americans have sex on average 151 times a year, up from 2011’s average of 120 times
- African-Americans (88 percent) believe sex needs a little novelty now and then, and they are looking for ways to keep things fresh.
- Over 70% of African-Americans are open to introducing a vibrator with a partner during sex to shake things up.
- Sixty percent of African-Americans would classify themselves as adventurous in the bedroom.
- One in three African-Americans (36 percent) say the most exciting thing they’ve done is have sex more than 3 times in a day.
Action Outside the Bedroom
- African-Americans think outside of the bedroom – 28 percent of men and 26 percent of women have had sex outdoors.
- Top ranking ways in which African-Americans charge things up include spontaneous sex (49 percent), having sex someplace different (39 percent) and talking dirty to a partner (37 percent).
He said, she said
- African-American men and women alike believe things need to be charged up in the bedroom (58 percent and 50 percent, respectively).
- Sex is on the mind with African-American men thinking about the deed 17 times a day, versus women, who fanaticize about the bedroom a mere five times per day .
- It’s not the length that matters – 46 percent of men indicated they want sex to last longer, compared to 31 percent of women.
- Men keep it real in the sack –18 percent of African-American men have faked an orgasm versus 55 percent of women.
- Atlanta lives up to its “Hotlanta” status with residents proving to be the most sexually adventurous (71 percent) and exhibiting the highest sex drive (7.2 out of 10).
- Miami residents seem to keep things sizzling with the highest rate of sexual satisfaction (73 percent) and most sex (177 times a year).
- Dallas proves its cowboys know how to saddle up, with residents having the longest sack sessions (39 minutes), yet they are most likely to have faked an orgasm (47 percent).
Diverse Products for a Diverse Nation
From pleasure-enhancing condoms to new stimulating vibrators, the makers of Trojan™ Brand Condoms are dedicated to providing Americans with a variety of products that cater to every American’s sexual needs and help increase the pleasure factor in the bedroom.
- Experience the intensified orgasmic pleasure of the new Trojan® Charged™ condom, their newest innovation.
- The Trojan Charged™ condom has a special deep-ribbed design that adds thrilling stimulation, while the pleasure-charged lubricant inside and out helps keep things exciting right from the start.
- To learn more about Trojan Charged™ or other Trojan product innovations for the bedroom, go to www.trojancondoms.com or www.trojanvibrations.com
About The Survey
The Sex Census presented by Trojan® condoms is based on two studies conducted by StrategyOne. The survey was conducted from May 4 – May 15, 2012. The first, a national sample of 1,000 10-minute surveys were conducted online among U.S. Adults 18+. The results are nationally representative based, weighted to U.S. Census on age, gender, region, ethnicity, income, education. With 95% confidence, the margin of error is +3.1%. The data was weighted to ensure that the sample’s composition reflects that of the actual U.S. population according to U.S. Census figures.
The second is a study conducted online in ten major U.S. cities among Adults 18+. The cities are: New York, Los Angeles, Chicago, Philadelphia, Miami, San Francisco, Dallas/Ft. Worth, Washington D.C., Atlanta, and Houston. A total of 2,000 10-minute surveys were conducted. Sample size of 200 per city. With 95% confidence, the margins of error at n=2002 = +/- 2.19%
TROJAN™ Brand Condoms are America’s #1 condom and have been trusted for over 90 years. TROJAN™ Brand Latex Condoms are made from premium quality latex to help reduce the risk of unwanted pregnancy and sexually transmitted infections. Every condom is electronically tested to help ensure reliability. There are over 29 varieties of TROJAN™ Brand Condoms. More Americans trust the TROJAN™ brand than any other condom. For more information, visit www.trojancondoms.com.
StrategyOne, a Daniel J. Edelman company, employs custom public opinion research and secondary research methodologies to deliver strategic counsel to corporate, organizational and governmental clients globally. With offices in Atlanta, Chicago, London, New York, Paris, San Mateo, Washington, D.C., and Abu Dhabi StrategyOne provides global clients with evidence based stakeholder insights, analysis and measurement. Visit www.strategyone.com for more information.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Lakatriona Brunson: Florida’s First Female Head Football Coach
- Justice Dept. Sues City of Ferguson Over Pattern of Police Abuse
- Ruben Studdard, Fantasia Barrino Return to 'American Idol' This Week
- Kardashians Call Depiction in ‘People v. OJ’ Ep 2 ‘Ridiculous’
- Drama at ‘Fashion Police’ Between NeNe and Giuliana?
- Claudia Jordan, Jennifer Williams: Shots Fired Hours Before ‘The Next 15’ Premiere
- Ciara Cheered, Russell Wilson Booed at Knicks Game
- BET Names Brie Miranda Bryant SVP of Unscripted Programming
- Marcus Anderson Cast in John Ridley Drama Pilot ‘Presence’
- Black Paranormal Investigators ‘Ghost Brothers’ Set at Destination America
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here