*To highlight the work of the recently deceased Sherman Hemsley, TV One Network will pay tribute to the legendary actor with two nights of marathons.
Included in the programming will, of course, be the long-running hit series “The Jeffersons” featuring the actor’s iconic role as George Jefferson, for which he won an NAACP Image Award as well Emmy and Golden Globe Award nominations.
Beginning Friday, July 27, TV One will air “The Jeffersons” marathon from 8:00 p.m. – 12:00 a.m. ET/PT and on Friday, August 3, the network will air a marathon of Hemsley’s second beloved hit series “Amen,” from 8:00 pm – 11:00 pm ET/PT.
Like EURweb on Facebook
The four-hour “The Jeffersons” marathon will include the following episodes: A Friend in Need, George’s First Vacation, Movin’ on Down, Louise Suspects, George the Philanthropist, Once a Friend, A Bedtime Story, Some Enchanted Evening.
TV One’s second tribute marathon featuring the series “Amen,” on which Hemsley played a lawyer and Deacon Ernest Frye, will include the pilot episode Amen, The Courtship of Bess Richards, Dancing in the Dark, Court of Love, Judge Deacon Frye and Child’s Play.
Additionally, during “The Jeffersons” marathon TV One will invite viewers to share their fond memories of the beloved actor via twitter @TVOneTV with hashtag #MovinOnUp. Select tweets will be featured on-screen during the marathon tribute.
As one of the nation’s leading destinations for original and classic programming featuring African Americans, “The Jeffersons” and “Amen” currently air as part of TV One’s Classic Comedy programming block, along with “Good Times,” “Sanford and Son,” “Martin,” and many others.
- Patty Farmer's 'Playboy Swings' Releases in September
- Thriller: Sanaa, Ealy & Chestnut in Trailer for 'The Perfect Guy' (WATCH)
- Tyra Banks Rants About Industry Pressure on New Models
- Uzo Aduba Stuns 'The View' Cast with Her Operatic Voice (WATCH)
- Antonio Fargas Gives Props to Rihanna for 'BBHMM'
- Announcing the Luther Vandross Estate's 'Power of Love Experience'
- Google Apologizes for App that Calls Black People 'Gorillas'
- Warren Sapp Might Be Going to Jail for Breaking Plea Deal
- Sizzling Summer Movies Heat Up Box Office
- Black Women Fastest Growing Group of Entrepreneurs in U.S
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here