In reviews, 10 critics all said pretty much the same thing: it’s Tyler Perry’s worse written and directed movie ever. Critics had a zero percent approval for the flick.
But his best rated movie was 2009’s “I Can Do Bad All By Myself,” which got a 62 percent rating and happens to be the only Tyler Perry written and directed film with a positive rating.
Although he keeps pumping out Madea movies like hotcakes, fans can’t get enough. He’s released 13 films in seven years.
Fans approved the new movie at a 90 percent rate.
Speaking of which, how did it do at the box office?
Like EURweb on Facebook
Glad you asked. According to Shadow and Act, it did quite well actually … grossing $26.3 million on its opening weekend – the 3rd highest opening for a Madea movie, and the 4th highest opening for a Tyler Perry movie (he’s directed 12 movies).
And as is usual for Tyler Perry movies that have opened in this range, the film will likely end up with a box office tally of about $50+ million.
The film is listed with a budget of $20 million, so, not counting P&A costs, it’s already made back its production budget, and then some. So another win for not only Mr Perry but for Lionsgate as well.
What does this mean? Expect more Madea movies – especially those with multi-racial casts.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Ciara Admits Struggle to Abstain From Sex With Russell Wilson
- Cam Newton Posts Pic of Baby Son Chosen
- Idris Elba Lands Romantic Drama; Samuel L. Jackson Pursues ‘Revival’ Role
- Cam Newton Posts Heartfelt Message to his Supporters
- Beyonce Backlash, Cam Newton Criticized, Black Panther Party Documentary & More! | BHL's This Week
- The Deya Direct Podcast: What is a Man Whisperer?
- LAUSD Whistleblower Protection - Does it Exist?
- The Pulse of Entertainment: Screen Actors Guild Honors Outstanding Performances at 22nd Annual SAG Awards
- David Cash Reemerges as 'Justdavid'
- ‘Deadpool’ Off the Charts, ‘Single’ Suffers, and ‘Zoolander 2’ is Clueless
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here