In reviews, 10 critics all said pretty much the same thing: it’s Tyler Perry’s worse written and directed movie ever. Critics had a zero percent approval for the flick.
But his best rated movie was 2009’s “I Can Do Bad All By Myself,” which got a 62 percent rating and happens to be the only Tyler Perry written and directed film with a positive rating.
Although he keeps pumping out Madea movies like hotcakes, fans can’t get enough. He’s released 13 films in seven years.
Fans approved the new movie at a 90 percent rate.
Speaking of which, how did it do at the box office?
Like EURweb on Facebook
Glad you asked. According to Shadow and Act, it did quite well actually … grossing $26.3 million on its opening weekend – the 3rd highest opening for a Madea movie, and the 4th highest opening for a Tyler Perry movie (he’s directed 12 movies).
And as is usual for Tyler Perry movies that have opened in this range, the film will likely end up with a box office tally of about $50+ million.
The film is listed with a budget of $20 million, so, not counting P&A costs, it’s already made back its production budget, and then some. So another win for not only Mr Perry but for Lionsgate as well.
What does this mean? Expect more Madea movies – especially those with multi-racial casts.
- Black Comedienne to Compete on New Season of 'Last Comic Standing' (WATCH)
- Brittney Griner Rebounds with Beauty Named Lola
- Jill Scott On Bill Cosby, 'Being a Beloved Black Man Is Dangerous
- Ja Rule Ready to Show Different Side in MTV Family Docuseries 'Follow the Rules'
- REPORT: Congressman Chaka Fattah (Dem/PA) Indicted in Racketeering Case
- Ohio Cop Ray Tensing Indicted for Murder of Samuel DuBose (Video of Shooting)
- Nick Gordon Eyed for Prosecution; Spotted Wearing Bobbi Kristina’s Ring
- Bobbi Kristina’s Funeral to be Private
- Whoopi Defends Elisabeth Hasselbeck Against Racism Claims: 'She Never Asked Me to Pick Cotton' (Watch)
- Jaden Smith Drops Video for New Track ‘Scarface’ (Watch)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here