In reviews, 10 critics all said pretty much the same thing: it’s Tyler Perry’s worse written and directed movie ever. Critics had a zero percent approval for the flick.
But his best rated movie was 2009’s “I Can Do Bad All By Myself,” which got a 62 percent rating and happens to be the only Tyler Perry written and directed film with a positive rating.
Although he keeps pumping out Madea movies like hotcakes, fans can’t get enough. He’s released 13 films in seven years.
Fans approved the new movie at a 90 percent rate.
Speaking of which, how did it do at the box office?
Like EURweb on Facebook
Glad you asked. According to Shadow and Act, it did quite well actually … grossing $26.3 million on its opening weekend – the 3rd highest opening for a Madea movie, and the 4th highest opening for a Tyler Perry movie (he’s directed 12 movies).
And as is usual for Tyler Perry movies that have opened in this range, the film will likely end up with a box office tally of about $50+ million.
The film is listed with a budget of $20 million, so, not counting P&A costs, it’s already made back its production budget, and then some. So another win for not only Mr Perry but for Lionsgate as well.
What does this mean? Expect more Madea movies – especially those with multi-racial casts.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Alexandra Shipp & the 'X-Men: Apocalypse’ Cast in the Big Apple
- Savion Glover's Feet Perform Magical Feats
- Keke Palmer Said to be Replacing Tamar Braxton on 'The Real?' (Report)
- First Look: Cynthia Bailey's New Luxury Luggage Line 'CARGO by Cynthia Bailey'
- Whitney Houston Estate in Court Fighting $11 Million Tax Bill
- 107-Year-Old Trades Dance Partner Pres. Obama for Dusty Baker (Watch)
- Police Test Bullets in T.I. Club Shooting to Determine Number of Guns Used
- Neil Brown Jr. Joins Issa Rae’s HBO Comedy ‘Insecure’
- Mariah Carey Checks Lee Daniels AND Wendy Williams for Saying She’s ‘Too Fragile’ (Watch)
- Tamar Braxton Reacts to ‘The Real’ Firing on Next ‘Braxton Family Values’ (Teaser)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here