*Owning your own film studio can be nice, says Tyler Perry.
“If I had to deal with [another] studio making decisions, or they don’t like this; or if I had to wait for notes or changes, the whole process would grind to a halt and cost ten times more than it does. But, because I make all the decisions, I can turn two shows out in a day,” the entertainment mogul told us during interviews for his latest film “Madea’s Witness Protection.”
“Tyler Perry Studios,” established in 2006, is where he films and produces his various TBS television shows as well as his feature films. With five sound stages, a post-production facility and a back lot on the Southwest Atlanta property, Perry has moved a million miles beyond the simple dream he started out with — which was simply earning enough money to take care of his mother.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Lil Wayne’s Prison Memoir ‘Gone Til November’ Finally Due in October
- Dollywood's 'World's Fastest Wooden Coaster' is Slowed due to Recall
- Be Someone Partners W/ Police for Brains Before Bullets
- THE (06-30-16) EURweb Free-4-All Page
- Music Exec Salutes Billy Paul & Luther Vandross
- Before Muhammad Ali's Death, Son Says 'Evil Stepmom' Kept Him Prisoner
- Iggy Azalea Dumped Nick Young Because He Impregnated His Ex
- Deion Sanders Hit With $1M Lawsuit Over Assault at Son's School
- Apollo Nida Breaking Jailhouse Rules Because ... He's Famous
- Homeless Woman and Millionaire Brought Together by a (Wait for it) Dog
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here