*Usher is said to be “torn up” over the horrific accident that has left his young stepson, Kyle Glover, brain dead, according to US Weekly, and has tabled his contention with his mother Tameka to be by her side .
As previously reported, the 11-year-old was struck in the head by a passing jet ski Friday as he rode an inner tube on Lake Lanier in Atlanta.
Usher has had a notoriously combative relationship Foster, but US Weekly reports the pair has put their differences on the back burner in the wake of the accident.
“Before the tragedy, Usher and Foster were engaged in a heated custody battle. But they’ve put that aside to support each other,” the magazine says.
“Tameka and Usher don’t get along, but in this circumstance Usher is coming to her side,” a source told US. “Usher practically raised Kyle as his own. He’s known him for seven years. It is so sad what happened.”
“[Usher] grew close to Kyle and, of course, that has nothing to do with the situation with Tameka,” the source says. “He loved Kyle. This is a terrible, awful tragedy. Usher is torn up.”
MTV News reported that Glover was riding with a 15-year-old girl who reportedly suffered a broken arm and cut on her head. Both were flown to Children’s Healthcare of Atlanta at Egleston.
Glover reportedly has registered no brain activity since he was admitted to the hospital after sustaining the injury.
Usher, 33, and Foster divorced after two years of marriage in 2009. The couple share sons Usher Raymond V, 4, and Naviyd, 3, in addition to Kyle, Foster’s son from a previous relationship, US reports.
- Naomi Campbell Still Gets Jitters Before Strutting the Runway
- WATCH: Leola Brown Goes in on Pat Houston Outside Bobbi Kristina Funeral
- Danger Sign in Bail for Alleged Cincinnati Police Shooter Ray Tensing
- Terrence Howard’s Ex Sues 'Empire' Star for Assault and Defamation
- Cedric The Entertainer Celebrity Golf Classic Tees Off August 17
- Take a Special Look Inside the Making of 'Straight Outta Compton' (WATCH)
- Report: Leola Brown Thrown Out of Bobbi Kristina Funeral Services
- Lil Kim Claims Mr. Papers Was Physically Abusive
- Jill Scott Talks New Album 'Woman', Motherhood and Longevity
- Khloe Kardashian, Lamar Odom Officially End Their Marriage
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here