*Usher is said to be “torn up” over the horrific accident that has left his young stepson, Kyle Glover, brain dead, according to US Weekly, and has tabled his contention with his mother Tameka to be by her side .
As previously reported, the 11-year-old was struck in the head by a passing jet ski Friday as he rode an inner tube on Lake Lanier in Atlanta.
Usher has had a notoriously combative relationship Foster, but US Weekly reports the pair has put their differences on the back burner in the wake of the accident.
“Before the tragedy, Usher and Foster were engaged in a heated custody battle. But they’ve put that aside to support each other,” the magazine says.
“Tameka and Usher don’t get along, but in this circumstance Usher is coming to her side,” a source told US. “Usher practically raised Kyle as his own. He’s known him for seven years. It is so sad what happened.”
“[Usher] grew close to Kyle and, of course, that has nothing to do with the situation with Tameka,” the source says. “He loved Kyle. This is a terrible, awful tragedy. Usher is torn up.”
MTV News reported that Glover was riding with a 15-year-old girl who reportedly suffered a broken arm and cut on her head. Both were flown to Children’s Healthcare of Atlanta at Egleston.
Glover reportedly has registered no brain activity since he was admitted to the hospital after sustaining the injury.
Usher, 33, and Foster divorced after two years of marriage in 2009. The couple share sons Usher Raymond V, 4, and Naviyd, 3, in addition to Kyle, Foster’s son from a previous relationship, US reports.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- THE (06-28-16) EURweb Free-4-All Page
- 2016 BET Experience Fan Fest-The Future of Neo-Soul and Rap (PHOTOS)
- 'Have and Have Nots' Tyler Lepley Talks Growth, Humility & More
- Shaq's Family Lands Reality Show - TV PD Blasts LeBron for Cussin'
- Woman who Loathed Gun Control, Shoots Two Daughters to Death
- Michael Jackson Called Prince 'One Of The Rudest People I Have Ever Met'
- Anthony Anderson Joins Queen Latifah-Produced Travel Series ‘The Best Place to Be’
- Al Qaeda to Lone Wolves in U.S.: Only Target Whites to Avoid ‘Hate Crime’ Label
- Baltimore Rapper Lor Scoota Fatally Shot Leaving ‘Peace in the Streets’ Charity Hoops Game
- Steve Harvey Speechless when Kellie Pickler Almost Falls Trying to Buzz In on ‘Family Feud’ (Watch)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here