*Usher is said to be “torn up” over the horrific accident that has left his young stepson, Kyle Glover, brain dead, according to US Weekly, and has tabled his contention with his mother Tameka to be by her side .
As previously reported, the 11-year-old was struck in the head by a passing jet ski Friday as he rode an inner tube on Lake Lanier in Atlanta.
Usher has had a notoriously combative relationship Foster, but US Weekly reports the pair has put their differences on the back burner in the wake of the accident.
“Before the tragedy, Usher and Foster were engaged in a heated custody battle. But they’ve put that aside to support each other,” the magazine says.
“Tameka and Usher don’t get along, but in this circumstance Usher is coming to her side,” a source told US. “Usher practically raised Kyle as his own. He’s known him for seven years. It is so sad what happened.”
“[Usher] grew close to Kyle and, of course, that has nothing to do with the situation with Tameka,” the source says. “He loved Kyle. This is a terrible, awful tragedy. Usher is torn up.”
MTV News reported that Glover was riding with a 15-year-old girl who reportedly suffered a broken arm and cut on her head. Both were flown to Children’s Healthcare of Atlanta at Egleston.
Glover reportedly has registered no brain activity since he was admitted to the hospital after sustaining the injury.
Usher, 33, and Foster divorced after two years of marriage in 2009. The couple share sons Usher Raymond V, 4, and Naviyd, 3, in addition to Kyle, Foster’s son from a previous relationship, US reports.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Prince Update: He was Scheduled to Meet with Addition Doctor (Report)
- Beyoncé Announces Investment in Watermelon Sports Drink Co.
- Did You Wake Up to The Voice of 'The Rock'? You Could (Watch)
- 50 Cent Apologizes to Family of Autistic Airport Worker
- Michigan Gov. Rick Snyder wants Pres. Obama to Drink Flint Water
- Mental Health Therapist Teaches Victims to Forgive
- THE (05-04-16) EURweb Free-4-All Page
- Eddie Murphy and Girlfriend Paige Butcher Welcome Baby Girl
- Khloé Kardashian Reportedly Boots Ex’s Daddy from his Home
- Michael Strahan Tells 'Extra' He's Not Listening to Rumors About Him
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here