The album will also be released as a Deluxe Edition CD and DVD, which features 13 songs, three live performance videos, and exclusive behind-the-scene footage. Additionally, fans can pre-order the new album at iTunes beginning August 7th.
The first single, “Turning Around For Me” enters at No. 13 on Billboard‘s Top Christian/Gospel Digital Songs chart. Mitchell also appeared at this year’s ESSENCE Music Festival in New Orleans
Mitchell is also scheduled to appear on WBLS-FM’s Central Park Summer Stage concert event on August 5 in New York City. Mitchell will also co-host Verizon’s How Sweet The Sound event in Detroit (September 15) and Los Angeles (September 21).
The acclaimed songwriter is best known for his mega hit song “Nobody Greater” from the “Triumphant” album. In 2011, Mitchell received 11 Stellar Award nominations, the most nominations received by an artist that year. Billboard magazine declared “Nobody Greater” the No.1 Most Played Gospel Song of 2011. Mitchell was named Billboard‘s No.1 Gospel Radio Artist of 2011 and Triumphant was among the Top 5 Gospel Albums of 2011. The single held the No.1 position for nine consecutive weeks on Billboard‘s Hot Gospel Songs chart and crossed-over to the Urban Contemporary Adult charts. Mitchell also received two Grammy and two GMA Dove Award nominations for both the album and single.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- THE (10-09-15) EURweb Free-4-All Page/Board
- Iyanla Vanzant Interview | Black Hollywood Lives' Conversations (Watch)
- Here’s How the Man Murdoch Calls a 'Real Black President' Will Govern
- Karrueche Says Career Suffering Because Of Chris Brown
- Nicki Minaj Ends Interview After 'Rude' Questions About Drake, Meek Mill
- Fox Orders 3 More Episodes of Morris Chestnut’s ‘Rosewood’
- Rupert Murdock...Seriously? You're Going to Define Whose 'Really Black'
- Jennifer Hudson Opens Up About Murder of Family Members
- #BlackTwitter Comes for Piers Morgan Over ‘I Love My Whiteness’
- Matt Barnes: I Was Checking On My Kids, Not Confronting Derek Fisher
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here