*Right leaning, anti-Obama website The Daily Caller (The DC) caught up with tennis superstar Venus Williams to see if they could start some ish by asking her if she was down with the President’s handling of the economy and if she’ll campaign for him.
It’s no secret the prez is pushing for tax increases on individuals making over $250,000 annually, tax bracket Miss Williams is definitely in. With that in mind, she asked if Obama’s economic policies have helped her business ventures.
“I’m a professional athlete, so I’m really, you know, I know a lot about sports, so I’m not an expert in economic policy, so I would be, you know, remiss to comment on anything like that. But I can tell you I’m very excited to be a franchise owner,” she told TheDC on Tuesday. “For me, this is beyond my dreams. It supports the healthy, active lifestyle that I promote, so this is amazing.”
Like EURweb on Facebook
The DC’s reporter also queried Venus as to whether she will campaign for President Obama
“Right now, my main focus is the Olympics coming up, and then the U.S. Open is right after that so for me those are my priorities,” she said.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Donald Sterling Spotted Cursing Out Girlfriend at LA Restaurant
- Tyler Perry Reveals ‘Future Home of Tyler Perry Studios’ (Pic)
- Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation Offers A YEAR of 'Paid Leave' for New Moms and Dads
- Melanie Liburd Joins ‘Game of Thrones’ as The Red Priestess
- Rihanna Hosts Art Gallery Reveal of New Album Cover & Title (Pic)
- Michelle Obama Will Appear on Disney's 'Doc McStuffins'
- Fox News’ Rupert Murdoch Suggests Obama Isn’t a ‘Real Black President’; Apologizes Amid Backlash
- Michel’le Gets Personal with Thinkfactory for New BioPic Partnership
- RECAP: Empire (S2, Ep3) Fires of Heaven
- Matt Barnes and Derek Fisher Reportedly Brawl Over Gloria Govan
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here