*Right leaning, anti-Obama website The Daily Caller (The DC) caught up with tennis superstar Venus Williams to see if they could start some ish by asking her if she was down with the President’s handling of the economy and if she’ll campaign for him.
It’s no secret the prez is pushing for tax increases on individuals making over $250,000 annually, tax bracket Miss Williams is definitely in. With that in mind, she asked if Obama’s economic policies have helped her business ventures.
“I’m a professional athlete, so I’m really, you know, I know a lot about sports, so I’m not an expert in economic policy, so I would be, you know, remiss to comment on anything like that. But I can tell you I’m very excited to be a franchise owner,” she told TheDC on Tuesday. “For me, this is beyond my dreams. It supports the healthy, active lifestyle that I promote, so this is amazing.”
Like EURweb on Facebook
The DC’s reporter also queried Venus as to whether she will campaign for President Obama
“Right now, my main focus is the Olympics coming up, and then the U.S. Open is right after that so for me those are my priorities,” she said.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- 3 Things to Do NOW to Transform Your Life (WATCH)
- The Kobie Chronicles: 'Red, White & Baltimore' Premiere As Freddie Gray Trials Commence
- Lamar Odom's Lucky Break: Prosecution for Cocaine Possession Unlikely
- Why?! Well Known Black Ministers Set to Meet With Trump
- Movie Watch: Big Weekend for Creed, The Good Dinosaur, Victor Frankenstein
- The Pulse of Entertainment: Walt Disney’s 'The Good Dinosaur' is a Story of a Bond of Two Unlikely Friends
- Naughty by Nature Hitting the Road to Celebrate 25th Anniversary
- EURweb Covers the 'Creed' Movie Premiere (WATCH)
- Jasmyne Cannick: Before Cops Encourage the Public to Snitch Maybe They Should Lead By Example (VIDEO)
- Taye Diggs on ‘Rosewood’ Gig: ‘I Knew It Was Going to Be Fun’
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here