*Right leaning, anti-Obama website The Daily Caller (The DC) caught up with tennis superstar Venus Williams to see if they could start some ish by asking her if she was down with the President’s handling of the economy and if she’ll campaign for him.
It’s no secret the prez is pushing for tax increases on individuals making over $250,000 annually, tax bracket Miss Williams is definitely in. With that in mind, she asked if Obama’s economic policies have helped her business ventures.
“I’m a professional athlete, so I’m really, you know, I know a lot about sports, so I’m not an expert in economic policy, so I would be, you know, remiss to comment on anything like that. But I can tell you I’m very excited to be a franchise owner,” she told TheDC on Tuesday. “For me, this is beyond my dreams. It supports the healthy, active lifestyle that I promote, so this is amazing.”
Like EURweb on Facebook
The DC’s reporter also queried Venus as to whether she will campaign for President Obama
“Right now, my main focus is the Olympics coming up, and then the U.S. Open is right after that so for me those are my priorities,” she said.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- The Legend Continues Mathew Knowles, Beyonce' & Blue Ivy
- Gabby Douglas Hits The Gym For More Than 30 Hours Each Week
- Three White Athletes Charged with Alleged Rape of Black, Disabled Teammate
- Ahmad Rashad Gets Married For Fifth Time
- Mary J. Blige Joins Jason Mitchell in Dee Rees Film ‘Mudbound’
- 2 Cops in Freddie Gray Case File Defamation Suit Against Marilyn Mosby
- Report: Whoopi Goldberg Signs $2.5M, 1-Yr Deal With ‘The View’
- Spike Lee’s ESPN Mini Docs ‘Lil’ Joints’ Return on 5/31 (View Titles and Schedule)
- Lifetime to Air Uzo Aduba, Cicely Tyson Film ‘Showing Roots’ on Sat, May 26 (Trailer)
- ‘Empire’ Finishes No 1 in Black Households, Social Media and Other Key Demos
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here