*Right leaning, anti-Obama website The Daily Caller (The DC) caught up with tennis superstar Venus Williams to see if they could start some ish by asking her if she was down with the President’s handling of the economy and if she’ll campaign for him.
It’s no secret the prez is pushing for tax increases on individuals making over $250,000 annually, tax bracket Miss Williams is definitely in. With that in mind, she asked if Obama’s economic policies have helped her business ventures.
“I’m a professional athlete, so I’m really, you know, I know a lot about sports, so I’m not an expert in economic policy, so I would be, you know, remiss to comment on anything like that. But I can tell you I’m very excited to be a franchise owner,” she told TheDC on Tuesday. “For me, this is beyond my dreams. It supports the healthy, active lifestyle that I promote, so this is amazing.”
Like EURweb on Facebook
The DC’s reporter also queried Venus as to whether she will campaign for President Obama
“Right now, my main focus is the Olympics coming up, and then the U.S. Open is right after that so for me those are my priorities,” she said.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- 2016 BET Awards See Spike in Viewership
- 4 Upgrades to Catch the Eye of Luxury Homebuyers
- The Journal of Steffanie Rivers: Dogs Bark, Sharks Attack, And Alligators Eat People
- The Socialist's Journal: Quick Hits 2016 Pt.2
- THE (06-28-16) EURweb Free-4-All Page
- 2016 BET Experience Fan Fest-The Future of Neo-Soul and Rap (PHOTOS)
- 'Have and Have Nots' Tyler Lepley Talks Growth, Humility & More
- Shaq's Family Lands Reality Show - TV PD Blasts LeBron for Cussin'
- Woman who Loathed Gun Control, Shoots Two Daughters to Death
- Michael Jackson Called Prince 'One Of The Rudest People I Have Ever Met'
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here